Signed Randy Rhoads tour book w- Pic of Randy signing it

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

twztdsrt

Signed Randy Rhoads tour book w- Pic of Randy signing it

Post by twztdsrt »

i ran across this today, and thought it was a very unique piece. His signature doesnt look like the ones i have seen that are real on here, but, this is w/ a marker so it would be a little different. But i think its VERY awesome that someone actually has a pic of them signing their tour book to go along w/ it. That price is CRAZY!!! but it would would be worth it if i had the $$$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-RHOADS-AU ... 882wt_1270
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Signed Randy Rhoads tour book w- Pic of Randy signing it

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm suspicious about this signature as it was listed without the photo of Randy signing. The listing has since been edited with the seen photo ?. I recognise the surrounds and i'm sure this photo is one from this guy's collection here. The guy at the bar with the red shirt is in the back ground so it's from the same time.
ImageImageImageImage
I'd be very surprised if those sell as the starting price is way too high. I'm sure this pic below is the same person who's programme was being signed. It could be the same person who is selling this ?.
Attachments
RR with fan.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yet another case of someone who doesn't watch the news. We are in a recession and asking such an outrageous price is ridiculous. Maybe he lost his job and needs the money? Still, anyone who would pay that is out of touch with reality.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

That is the picture he posted, but how do we know that is him getting it signed? I have seen these pics on the internet before, maybe from Detroit right? The signature looks like someone who read about how to do a Randy autograph on this site. maybe I'm wrong. The no returns part is a bit of a problem too.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

What's with Ozzy and Randy trying to look like women with the damn fur?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

dasboot wrote:That is the picture he posted, but how do we know that is him getting it signed? I have seen these pics on the internet before, maybe from Detroit right? The signature looks like someone who read about how to do a Randy autograph on this site. maybe I'm wrong. The no returns part is a bit of a problem too.
I recognised the photo from one of Norman Wonderly pics which i posted above. I know that the person photographed in the pic with Randy is not the person selling this signed programme. As she is not from Beverley Hills and as far as i know she isn't selling her signed programme. So is the RR signature fake and if the programme is signed by other members of the band why doesn't the person show them in pics. Tommy Aldridge, he was there at the time, so why isn't the prog signed by him ?. Plus the same person had this originaly listed without the photo of Randy signing ?. I just hope that no one buys this as it is giving off the aroma of BS.... :shock:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

dasboot wrote:That is the picture he posted, but how do we know that is him getting it signed? I have seen these pics on the internet before, maybe from Detroit right? The signature looks like someone who read about how to do a Randy autograph on this site. maybe I'm wrong. The no returns part is a bit of a problem too.
Well i contacted the guy selling the signed programme. I asked him what tour he got the signatures and where abouts did he meet the band ?. If he was that keen to sell the item, i'm sure he would of giving me a reply. I heard nothing back, this is a good tell tale sign that the guy wasn't honest with his description and more then likely he was trying to sell a forgery. Be sure to keep an eye out for this being relisted as i'm sure this is not the last we'll see of this.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Thats a legit randy signature.I cant see anything fake in the signature.
The price is high but someone here i think is selling this http://www.rocknrollheaven.biz/catalog/ ... 019247.htm for 5500$.All legit signatures.These autographs have been bought,sold,flipped many times its hard to really know the origins unless its the original owner.The prices are so high now that they will repel most non-millionaires.Have u seen beatles signature prices-OMG!!!!the guy in the link here has a jim morrison signed chk for 15k!
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The same guy at the above link is a buyer seller he has bought Ozzy and Randy signatures from me in the past. He's picked them up for less then $1000 bucks and thinks someone out there will take his hand off for that ridiculous price. All his signed stuff is well overpriced. Some of those signatures look very iffy....The framed lot would of cost him £270.00 = $425.00 including the tour programme and the price of a frame. I remember those signatures originaly being stuck onto the bottom of 1980 Blizzard tour poster. Dave Wyldeone (RIP) bought them and resold them on ebay. Then whoever bought them sold them onto this guy.

As far as the signature on the ebay item ??????? very questionable. Most of the signatures that i have seen lately have all been done in black marker pen. But surprisingly no one has swept them up. Alot of forgeries are being traced through carbon paper from a scanned print of an original. Then the black marker is being used to hide the copy. Plus the majority of the sellers are selling no other items. A get rich quick scheme to hit ebay for a big pay day. Plus this guy here couldn't back up the authenticity of the photo when i know who took the photo and where and when this happened. The description and the lack of info made me smell the stench of BS. That's how far too many people are pulled in, trusting the one liner of 'rare photo of RR signing'.

This is another prime example of a black marker signature. Don't let this guy fool anyone that old paper thats weathered etc what alot of crap. Stay well clear... :roll:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-RHOADS-Au ... 51990fa18b
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Actually that last one is real also.And that version is a damn hard one to fake.
That guy is surprisingly not selling any other signatures.Hes selling a lot of rare vinyl not signatures.That is counter to what forgers do.They sell almost nothing but high value 'rare' signatures.

Tracing a signature is not easy and always looks like there s a lot of shakiness.Tracing in marker would be even harder than ballpoint.Think about it,the ink is gonna bleed a lot if you are slowly tracing a signature and good luck tracing at a fast speed.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

oth wrote:Actually that last one is real also.And that version is a damn hard one to fake.
That guy is surprisingly not selling any other signatures.Hes selling a lot of rare vinyl not signatures.That is counter to what forgers do.They sell almost nothing but high value 'rare' signatures.

Tracing a signature is not easy and always looks like there s a lot of shakiness.Tracing in marker would be even harder than ballpoint.Think about it,the ink is gonna bleed a lot if you are slowly tracing a signature and good luck tracing at a fast speed.
Point taking about attempting to trace a signature. So how has this item been relisted half a dozen times that i've seen. Have a close look at the paper, look at the tear. It isn't doing it for me. Plus all the finer details that you can pick out with a ball point pen signature. They have all vanished when done with a black marker. Making it easier to forge, i'm no expert but when i see signatures that have been relisted again and again it is either far too expensive or crap. All of the faked signatures you see these days are done with sharpie marker pens because they are easier to pass off. Mostly done with the same pens over a period of 40 years. Another tell tale sign to look out for when the fakes are being listed with multiple lots of mostly prized Rock stars who have died. A few tests done on this lot would prove it to be a fake.
This was one of the questions asked about this item back in June of this year. Obviously no response from the seller or if it was 100% it would of been sold months ago.

Q: Hi,im very interested in buying the ozzy,rudy and randy signed page,before i commit to buy..can you have the signatures examined by either roger epperson,psa/dna,ama authentication or jsa Please let me know if you can do this,and if the results are likely genuine,i will purchase it.Thanks so much Jun-07-11
A: we do not have an official appraiser to look over this autograph, and the person in charge of this item went away on vacation...we will try to get in contact with him about it's authenticity, and contact you with his response. we apologize for the delay, and we would NOT put anything up in our store unless it has been THOROUGHLY researched for its authenticity. Thanks!!
Attachments
Ozzy RR Rudy signatures.jpg
(16.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

oth wrote:Thats a legit randy signature.I cant see anything fake in the signature.
The price is high but someone here i think is selling this http://www.rocknrollheaven.biz/catalog/ ... 019247.htm for 5500$.All legit signatures.These autographs have been bought,sold,flipped many times its hard to really know the origins unless its the original owner.The prices are so high now that they will repel most non-millionaires.Have u seen beatles signature prices-OMG!!!!the guy in the link here has a jim morrison signed chk for 15k!
This is what these signatures looked like when they first showed up on ebay. They are at the bottom of the poster on the left bottom corner.

This is a close up of the RR signature.