Fake or Real?

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ace5150

Fake or Real?

Post by Ace5150 »

Same gig I went to in the now demolished Coventry Theatre, but never seen an autograph with a flying V in his signature.
I suspect its a snide one, what do the 'experts' here think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Randy-Rhoads-sign ... 43a05f3b14
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Fake or Real?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen that item on ebay and all the signatures i have seen from the 1980 UK tour have nothing in comparison to this one. So i would say it is a forged signature the added doodle of the PDV is something i have never seen before. If you see the pics below those are from 1980.

oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Horrendous fake.Whats worse is the audacity of this scammer to make up some story about how he
got the signature from rr himself.Pathetic.So the lesson here is,even if they offer a sympathetic story to you they can can be lying straight to your face and laughing at you for your gullibility.Note: this seller is a professional collectibles dealer-impressive huh?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Hunterd

Post by Hunterd »

I have never really seen a great deal of RR autographs since I have never really gone out looking...

Nevertheless, when I compare my ticket with some of the ones I have seen advertised, I'm never really convinved, especially when a story seems dubious. At least I know what is real with me since I met RR and have his autograph - That really helps me understand the real artical against a forgery when I make a comparision. check my autograph, it may help convince you spot the real thing.
The attachment RR.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
RR.JPG
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

theres an in depth,educational thread somewhere on this site devoted to spotting fake,forgerys of RR's sig.Yes yours is real.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120