RE: Jody Kephart and Buyers of Zues 840 Amp on Ebay (Update)

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

RE: Jody Kephart and Buyers of Zues 840 Amp on Ebay (Update)

Post by skezza »

Family Update
Jody Kephart is a fraud has made no attempts to contact the family whatsoever, although I have recently sent him a CEASE & DESIST ORDER and given him my contact information to contact me to sort things out. In addition, we are aware of certain "Off Market" dealings, and like i said before we are prepared to prosecute Buyer and Seller to the fullest extent of the law for acquiring or selling stolen/unlawfully obtained property.

I would also like to take this time to clarify to anyone who thinks the family is "rich enough" to buy back such property. Let me remind you that ALL money generated by Randy Rhoads name and works are put into the Randy Rhoads Charitable Trust. This money is then given out to various philantropic causes including various music scholarships within California State University Northridge and UCLA music programs for students studying guitar.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Re: RE: Jody Kephart and Buyers of Zues 840 Amp on Ebay (Upd

Post by BIG_P »

skezza wrote:Family Update
Jody Kephart is a fraud has made no attempts to contact the family whatsoever, although I have recently sent him a CEASE & DESIST ORDER and given him my contact information to contact me to sort things out. In addition, we are aware of certain "Off Market" dealings, and like i said before we are prepared to prosecute Buyer and Seller to the fullest extent of the law for acquiring or selling stolen/unlawfully obtained property.

I would also like to take this time to clarify to anyone who thinks the family is "rich enough" to buy back such property. Let me remind you that ALL money generated by Randy Rhoads name and works are put into the Randy Rhoads Charitable Trust. This money is then given out to various philantropic causes including various music scholarships within California State University Northridge and UCLA music programs for students studying guitar.
And this is why I love and respect the Rhoads family. I haven't posted my thoughts or feelings on this subject here or at rr.tk but, I will say that Jody I wish you'd do the rightful and honourable thing and give it to the family. 8) To me that would be worth more than any money you would get for it. It would put a closure on this WHOLE thing and you'd gain so much more respect than money. Think about it please.
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

I think it's too late for him to ever get any respect. He had a chance to be a hero but his greed got in the way.
jody kephart

Post by jody kephart »

I've gotten 100's of e-mails from people and nobody from Burbank has contacted me about this. I'll send the thing to Deloris gladly. Would you send something to some kid who says on behalf of the family? I can't mail it to the north pole. The only thing I got is threating phone calls from West Virginia? Tell Delores or the sister to send me a prepaid UPS label from THEM,
and I will send it to the family. Not someone who says on behalf of the family. Would you?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

jody kephart wrote:Tell Delores or the sister to send me a prepaid UPS label from THEM, and I will send it to the family. Not someone who says on behalf of the family. Would you?
I think that's a generous offer! 8)
And I wouldn't just send it to someone either...... :wink:
jody kephart wrote:Kelly Rhoads said they weren't interested in getting Randy's lost gear.
When did Kelle Rhoads told you they weren't interested in getting back Randy's lost gear? (recently or 27 years ago?) Was it because of $$$$ or weren't they interested at all? So you did contact the Rhoads family?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

jody kephart wrote:I've gotten 100's of e-mails from people and nobody from Burbank has contacted me about this. I'll send the thing to Deloris gladly. Would you send something to some kid who says on behalf of the family? I can't mail it to the north pole. The only thing I got is threating phone calls from West Virginia? Tell Delores or the sister to send me a prepaid UPS label from THEM,
and I will send it to the family. Not someone who says on behalf of the family. Would you?
Just want to add that Nick isn't just a random kid. I think thats a little offensive. Hopefully, the family will get in contact with you and this can be returned safely.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

yeah 10,000 is ridiculous, he's no randy fan, he only finds these forums when he wants to sell something, i myself found these forums over 5 years ago.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

This thing is going to disappear off the face of the earth and in a private collectors guitar closet,like I posted at tk how the heck could you ever prove it was Randy's???I'm sure Zeus GAVE it to him for a promotional listing in his gear listing(Randy Rhoads uses Zeus ....in the Diary program) so no bill of sale,zeus is long gone so noway of tracking down records.the only known pictures of the amp with randy don't match................you get the idea.Imagine calling the cops as a member of the family:Hello Florida PD
I would like to report a theft from 27 years ago on behalf of my Uncle who passed away in 1982 ,we have no proof or receipts of ownership but Please arrest the man in posession of this amp and send it back to California.Then someone in the PD seizes it and it goes into a evidence lockup with THOUSANDS of other items and is "misplaced" by a closet OZZY fan working in the PD.Of course it would never get that far as the Florida PD would hang up as soon as they heard the opening sentence.
I am not saying it is right for him to sell it but he has it and I don't think anybody could get it from him unless he sold it.As was said before the world isn't perfect.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Maybe the badge with his name on it could id it but I agree.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

JAY wrote:This thing is going to disappear off the face of the earth and in a private collectors guitar closet,like I posted at tk how the heck could you ever prove it was Randy's???I'm sure Zeus GAVE it to him for a promotional listing in his gear listing(Randy Rhoads uses Zeus ....in the Diary program) so no bill of sale,zeus is long gone so noway of tracking down records.the only known pictures of the amp with randy don't match................you get the idea.Imagine calling the cops as a member of the family:Hello Florida PD
I would like to report a theft from 27 years ago on behalf of my Uncle who passed away in 1982 ,we have no proof or receipts of ownership but Please arrest the man in posession of this amp and send it back to California.Then someone in the PD seizes it and it goes into a evidence lockup with THOUSANDS of other items and is "misplaced" by a closet OZZY fan working in the PD.Of course it would never get that far as the Florida PD would hang up as soon as they heard the opening sentence.
I am not saying it is right for him to sell it but he has it and I don't think anybody could get it from him unless he sold it.As was said before the world isn't perfect.
I did read your reply over at TK. I just want to say that I have co-operated fully with the family and their requests, therefore, I think its harsh to state that I (if you mean me) started a lynch mob against it. I spoke to Nick about this, and until before then, stated only that I hoped that whoever purchased it was happy that it was authentic and not fraudulent.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

No skezza I did not mean you,and i apologize if you took it that way you have been top drawer all the way........I was referring to the people who were threatening the seller /making videos you name it,and worse(even though this deal stinks to high heaven). Why would the guy hand it over to The Rhoads family after not doing so for 27 years? he's going to sell it .He must be desperate to cash in.If the family asked for my help I would do what i could too I'm still not 100% it's real?Again no offence to you Mr.Skezza.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

JAY wrote:No skezza I did not mean you,and i apologize if you took it that way you have been top drawer all the way........I was referring to the people who were threatening the seller /making videos you name it,and worse(even though this deal stinks to high heaven). Why would the guy hand it over to The Rhoads family after not doing so for 27 years? he's going to sell it .He must be desperate to cash in.If the family asked for my help I would do what i could too I'm still not 100% it's real?Again no offence to you Mr.Skezza.
Ahh its okay Jay, I didn't mean it to sound aggressive myself :P I was just worried that people perceived what I had done as bad. Essentially, I don't want the transaction to go ahead with the wrong people, however I do want the item returned to the family whichever way is best and easiest. I am not sure what this is however. :(
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

That would be the ideal outcome!
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Jody / John whatever , you can call Musonia on the number 1-818-761-0521 and work out a deal to ship the Zues to them ..
................................................................Image...............................................................................