Randy's Zeus 840 amp is on EBAY til next Thursday

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

skezza wrote:The equipment should have originally been returned to Dee, rather than ever given to the guy in the first place
That really makes me question it's authenticy.....
How likely is it that Jerry Calhoun would just give it away to someone while knowing it belonged to Randy? Who would do that? Didn't they make sure after the accident that all Randy's gear was returned to his family? If Randy used this Zeus pretty much off stage then it's a bit hard to understand they would forget this device to return as well. Just my 0.99 cents....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I totally agree, Dutch.

It is possible that when everything was transferred to a new bus to continue the tour that this was overlooked, but to just give it to a fan?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What was all the cock and bull about Jerry Calhoun being Andy Aycock's Brother ? why even mention that .. :roll:
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Is this guy saying that this thing was on the plane when he says "It was in the crash". Randy wouldn't have taken it on the plane. There is no reason to do so. It's not like he was jamming in the back seat of that tiny airplane. This has to have been aquired through shady means if it is real, but I don't think it is.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

No it wasn't taking on the plane, i spoke to Rudy Sarzo about this and he recons it was left under Randy's bed on the coach. The band must of swapped coaches so all the personal items and equipment belonging to Randy would of been put onto another bus. The amp was overlooked and left hiding under RR bed. So after the police had looked around the coach and left the scene. Someone ? maybe Jerry Calhoun had been on the bus for a look around and found the amp. So in a way it was like lost property. No one ever noticed it was missing and it has just been a mystery to it's where abouts until now. But the question, is that the original one RR used ?.He may have had a few modifications done to it and the one in the pic maybe an earlier prototype ?. All speculation really until something can be proved it really is his ?.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Alex wrote:I am confused as to why he put Matt's picture and post in the auction?
Your not as confused as me!

He has taken something I have said (without permission too) and used it, it would seem to justify his sale...
Don't get me wrong I am not bothered, it just would have been polite to have asked as he doesn't know me.

I am just a little perplexed as to how a post from an ordinary fan is beneficial to ths sale of this item???

Is it because he agrees with the idea of it going to a private collector who would house this in a museum? or is it to battle critics of the sale but using my quote to back him up!

This is sure to raise my likeability factor in certain circles!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Matt i noticed your aviatar on ebay the seller has taking a quote from Rudy Sarzo that he emailed me to help authenticate the item. I looked at this as a total act of desperation to make sure that it does sell. I don't know if romeorose has realised but all those false bids he is putting in are actually putting the price up. If someone is genuinely going to buy this item. Its jumped from $8000 - $12000 now. So if your planning on making the guy a fortune please think before you do such a foolish thing again.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

All the bids have zero feedback , they're all bogus posts for sure .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Just wrote a post at tk to let them know I am not involved and to be careful!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

As soon as i saw the pic and words there Mattmeister i knew it had been pilfered from off of here .. probably not the the only thing pilfered on the page :-P
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I saw that too, thought it was kinda odd. Definately trying to make his case by using your post. Funny how he interpreted your post like that. This whole thing is crazy! I'm sure we'll never know the whole truth regarding how this was aquired. A mystery fo sho, cuz I really don't believe much of what that cat is claiming. And I'm sorry Romeo Roses' feast was interupted.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Romeo Rose is a real eccentric isn't he?! :)

If he wants to use someone who has a strange affinity with Horses, does lady killer faces and doesn't have any ties with the Rhoads family then fine...I can't see it helping though :)

Matt