Could this be RR Zeus mini practice amp ?

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Could this be RR Zeus mini practice amp ?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have always wondered what this item was ? and now it looks like its available and up for grabs. This is one of the RR gadjets thats never been talked about in the past. If you have the $5000 starting price, but i bet the reserve is something stupid. Its on the floor in front of Randy's guitars. I'm having my doubts about it being his, as i can see that it is different. Look at the blue housing in the speaker/graphic equaliser area ? It's black on Randy's. Plus if thats the same guitar lead, the one in the pic has a white jack plug ?.
I've just getting these close up pics from the seller
Randy's guitar picks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Randy-Rhoads-rare-Z ... 0341759100
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri May 08, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This was discussed at length at .tk quite some time ago. This item DID NOT belong to Randy Rhoads. Randy had a Zeus, but it was modified for headphone use because Randy's constant practicing drove Ozzy nuts.

It is currently being discussed at .tk with quite a bit of valid info.

Ultimately, the economy sucks and someone who needs cash is trying to scam Randy fans, if you ask me. There is no way I'm going to believe this came off the tour bus at the accident site and was left for 25 years. Why would it have been removed from the bus in the first place?

Randy fans can be gullible, and this guy is banking on that fact.
jody kephart

White cord? He had more than 1 cord,come on

Post by jody kephart »

[youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
Proof of authenticity from Zeus
Proof of authenticity from Zeus
jody kephart

Zeus card inside of case

Post by jody kephart »

[youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
It wasn't beamed down from Mars
It wasn't beamed down from Mars
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Zeus card inside of case

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

jody kephart wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
LMAO AT "It wasn't beamed down from mars"
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fake or repro is my instinct on this one.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
jody kephart

Post by jody kephart »

I'm the one who made the MECCA to the crash site in 1982. This came from Leesburg, fl. I know Rudy Sarzo had one. But, that is where Randy got the idea to get one also. So you mean this unit just disappeared after the accident. Yes it did, Jerry Calhoun gave it to me. I would think that you could ask him. Just because I never sold anything on Ebay doesn't mean anything. I have been savoring this unit since 1982. As far as the Rhoads family goes, I didn't know the real story about who had what until I read the Guiatr Player article in August. Nobody "planted" this unit there immediatly after the crash. I know you guys have been on here a while, but I never found this site. Pictures and signed business cards are proof enough for me. I am the one who was given this item at Leesburg. I just think it could go somewhere where it could be enjoyed by more than one person. Yes, headphones work fine on it. J
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

why would you be given this ? was it just offered to you by Jerry ? and i'm guessing Jerry just happened to find it on the bus after the FAA were done ? your story is too vague to warrant a hefty price tag .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
jody kephart

Lighting on that photo, at that angle. U could pick a color

Post by jody kephart »

[youtube][/youtube]
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

OK then what about the guitar picks ? They have been with that item since you got it ? If you know anything about Fender picks they are very questionable. Possibley one of those may be his ? You can date them if you know how. After all this time you have never giving one away to a buddy who is a true RR fan ?. Or decided to sell one of them ?. Why don't you have any thing from Jerry to authenticate this. It sounds very fishey how he would just pass this onto you. Did you turn up one day and just happen to mention that you'd love something belonging to RR. And Jerry just happen to have something of his left over from the accident in his garage ? So can you see how people are looking at this now. Have you had this hiding from the world, so only you could enjoy this ? You've never said anything about this to no one until now ?.
jody kephart

Post by jody kephart »

Again, I neber knew this site existed, or I would have spoken up earlier. I am a FAN!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

jody kephart wrote:Again, I neber knew this site existed, or I would have spoken up earlier. I am a FAN!
You found the site quick enough when it was time to sell this ?.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have had a reply from Rudy Sarzo who owned one of these aswell. I'm not saying that he has 100% authenticated this from remembering what RR's looked like. But this is what he has to say.
Hi Rudy,
If you don't
mind having a look at this item which has turned up on ebay. I do apologise if
this has already been sent to you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Randy-Rhoads-rare-Z ... -THE-HOLY-
GRAIL_W0QQitemZ230341759100
You'll probably recognise this, as you did have one of these ? but the
burning question ? is that every thing its made out to be. Is that the
very same item belonging to Randy ?. If you could let me know your views on this
please.

Rudy Sarzo's reply..
Yes, it's the real deal. I aslo used to have one of these.
Randy used to stow it under his bunk, so it must have been left behind when we
cleared the bus after the crash. Still, this item should have been sent to
Randy's Mom after the crash. It just wound up in the wrong hands.
Cheers,
Rudy