Randy's last gig ..ticket stub for sale..

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

OMG!!! That price is insane! I hope that it has a beer stain on it included in the price. :lol:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

And the reserve is still not met. :shock:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:And the reserve is still not met. :shock:
The 'reserve' has been met it sold for $203.00 :shock: that's just crazy cash for something like this ...
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Hopefully it will inspire owners of tickets to list them on ebay :P

Its the highest price Ive seen a ticket go for, normally they are $30-110 depending on the date etc.

$200 for a ticket might be a bit insane, but not if it is going into a collection with 40-50 other tickets. I know mates who would spend more than that in alcohol on any weekend...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rhoads56 wrote:Hopefully it will inspire owners of tickets to list them on ebay :P

Its the highest price Ive seen a ticket go for, normally they are $30-110 depending on the date etc.

$200 for a ticket might be a bit insane, but not if it is going into a collection with 40-50 other tickets. I know mates who would spend more than that in alcohol on any weekend...
Yeah Perry we have the same views i'm trying to collect a single ticket stub from every Ozzy Blizzard 1980 UK tour date 36 shows at my last count. I think your quest will be a harder one to follow and to collect tickets from every RR show.I've been trying to gather the remaining few stubs which is becoming harder and now that i have more competition on ebay it is becoming a bit more hefty on the pocket. As you'll see in time, the more tickets that you get the harder it becomes and the price of them keeps going up. I can understand that his last show would create alot more bidders and not just ticket collectors. I've seen his signature sell for less then $200.00 and to think that the face value of the ticket at the time was only a few pounds/dollars £3.50 etc. I must of thrown away hundreds of pounds worth of tickets and flyers in the 80's.Are you just collecting the Randy Quiet Riot and Ozzy shows or are you collecting other bands.How many do you have out of interest ?.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
rhoads56 wrote:Hopefully it will inspire owners of tickets to list them on ebay :P

Yeah Perry we have the same views i'm trying to collect a single ticket stub from every Ozzy Blizzard 1980 UK tour date 36 shows at my last count. I think your quest will be a harder one to follow and to collect tickets from every RR show.I've been trying to gather the remaining few stubs which is becoming harder and now that i have more competition on ebay it is becoming a bit more hefty on the pocket. As you'll see in time, the more tickets that you get the harder it becomes and the price of them keeps going up. I can understand that his last show would create alot more bidders and not just ticket collectors. I've seen his signature sell for less then $200.00 and to think that the face value of the ticket at the time was only a few pounds/dollars £3.50 etc. I must of thrown away hundreds of pounds worth of tickets and flyers in the 80's.Are you just collecting the Randy Quiet Riot and Ozzy shows or are you collecting other bands.How many do you have out of interest ?.
Yeah they are definately going up in price. My policy is that if i dont have that date, i'll pay just about anything for it. Afterall, its only money. I work hard for my money, and this is my little hobby (oo/rr tickets and bootlegs). I dont know how much Ive spent so far, but it is in the thousands. Spread over numerous years, and it isnt too bad. Less than what my missus spends on smokes anyway (thats how i justify it to her :twisted: )

One day when i have at least half the tickets, Im going to get them mounted in a frame, with spaces for the ones i dont have yet.

I have a just over 60 randy era tickets, some handbills, maybe 20 tormei/gillis/jake tickets, plus other 'collectibles'. I have some doubles of UK Blizzard dates, see my thread in the for sale section if you have stuff to trade.

I dont collect other tickets, but i will buy a bulk lot to get one or two ozzy dates I dont already have. I then split up the remaining tickets and either give them away as gifts, or trade for other tickets.

By the way, that was me who won the auction :) Id found and purchased that date before, but the tickets were 'lost in the mail'.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah but it can work the other way aswell with people listing the tickets with a high starting price.Like this one here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Randy-Rhoads-Ozzy-O ... 286.c0.m14

The prices for these last year were only a few pounds and if you paid more then $20 £10 for a ticket you felt you'd paid over the odds.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

yeah, he actually listed that one up for $250 originally. He reckons its 'time to set a new record' or something like that when i emailed him.

I say no, it's not.

:)
thegaindeli

Post by thegaindeli »

I still have my ticket-stub from the Rock Superbowl XIV.What a depressing day that was... Pat Travers filled Ozzy's slot for the show,as Pat lives locally.When we ride our bikes through Mt.Dora/Leesburg,we pass by the little airport that Randy took-off from.Every time we go by it I think... "why did you get in that damn plane?