Starplex Auditorium Dallas 81

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Starplex Auditorium Dallas 81

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a factory produced Live CD from the Starplex Auditorium Dallas August 1981.Austrian released by Metal Memory in 1990.This cannot be an official release ?? But it looks like a factory pressed CD was this a soundboard recording ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OZZY-OSBOURNE-ANO ... dZViewItem
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

For the most part, these "factory produced" CD's just mean they have nicer equipment because they've sold more crap :wink: This show is just the King Biscuit shortened version of Montreal, Canada. The full version of the same show is already available here. There is no Dallas, TX show in circulation to my knowledge.

A great place to discern if something is a fake or a mistake is at The Day The Music Died website: http://home.flash.net/~ulknatme/wrong.htm
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for the reply CG
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I got this one (exactly the same cover as listed here) in the early nineties.
Back in those days I bought my first boots and was becomming a little frustrated at first because it was the same damn Montreal gig over again except with a different cover and title. :!:

I bought below cd's in '92, they are all the same Montreal 31 july '81 show:

Another Tribute ~ Live at Starplex Auditorium, Dallas, Texas Aug. '81
All aboard ~ Montreal, Canaday, July 31, 1981
RR Axeman ~ Live at Indianapolis, june 4, 1981

"Another Tribute" and "RR Axeman" misses "Mr. Crowley" and they are all without "Iron Man" and "Children of the Grave".
"RR Axeman" has the best sound quality.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
ggus

Post by ggus »

That show is actually from Will Rogers Auditorium, not Starplex. It was a great show...Motorhead opened.
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I got this one (exactly the same cover as listed here) in the early nineties.
Back in those days I bought my first boots and was becomming a little frustrated at first because it was the same damn Montreal gig over again except with a different cover and title. :!:

I bought below cd's in '92, they are all the same Montreal 31 july '81 show:

Another Tribute ~ Live at Starplex Auditorium, Dallas, Texas Aug. '81
All aboard ~ Montreal, Canaday, July 31, 1981
RR Axeman ~ Live at Indianapolis, june 4, 1981

"Another Tribute" and "RR Axeman" misses "Mr. Crowley" and they are all without "Iron Man" and "Children of the Grave".
"RR Axeman" has the best sound quality.
Montreal would be 7/28/1981, or is there another Montreal show on the 31st?
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Montreal was originally scheduled for 7/31, but was moved up for whatever reason to 7/28. When I was tape trading back in the day, the show was always labeled as 7/31, and so many boots still exist with that date. The real date came out sometime later when a newspaper clipping showing the moved up date appeared.
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

Thanks for the reply!

I noticed something odd on my bootleg CD from Montreal... just before Paranoid Ozzy says "we're going to do a little ballad song that we've never done before on stage" :? Why would he say "never done before on stage"? By that point in time they had played Paranoid numerous times on stage. Am I not hearing thsi right?
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

chelrob wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I noticed something odd on my bootleg CD from Montreal... just before Paranoid Ozzy says "we're going to do a little ballad song that we've never done before on stage" :? Why would he say "never done before on stage"? By that point in time they had played Paranoid numerous times on stage. Am I not hearing thsi right?
That's Ozzy's sense of humor. On the 1980 Chelmsford Odeon boot, he introduces Suicide Solution as featuring, "Randy Rhoads our guitar player who's also gay."
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

LMFAO, yeah, forgot about that, loved to have seen Randy's reaction to that shot :)

Oz has always had a fine sense of humour to me :twisted:
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
The Flying Dutchman

cableguyxx wrote:Montreal was originally scheduled for 7/31, but was moved up for whatever reason to 7/28. When I was tape trading back in the day, the show was always labeled as 7/31, and so many boots still exist with that date. The real date came out sometime later when a newspaper clipping showing the moved up date appeared.
Thanks for putting that straight Darin! :wink:
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:Montreal was originally scheduled for 7/31, but was moved up for whatever reason to 7/28. When I was tape trading back in the day, the show was always labeled as 7/31, and so many boots still exist with that date. The real date came out sometime later when a newspaper clipping showing the moved up date appeared.
it was rescheculed for 7/28/81 when Black Sabbath dropped out of the Heavy Metal Holocaust portvale show thus barely enabling ozzy/Randy to be able to play that 8/1/81 show. :wink:
The Flying Dutchman

zero wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
it was rescheculed for 7/28/81 when Black Sabbath dropped out of the Heavy Metal Holocaust portvale show thus barely enabling ozzy/Randy to be able to play that 8/1/81 show. :wink:
That makes sense! Thnx zero! :wink:
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Never thought about that. Good info :D