Bob Daisley's personal tour memorabilia for sale.

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Bob Daisley's personal tour memorabilia for sale.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just noticed this over on facebook, Bob is auctioning off some of his treasured memorabilia from his touring days with Ozzy, Gary Moore, Rainbow etc. Some nice rare pieces up for grabs.
Attachments
Bob Daisley 1.jpg
Bob Daisley 2.jpg
Bob Daisley 3.jpg
Bob Daisley 4.jpg
Bob Daisley 5.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Bob Daisley's personal tour memorabilia for sale.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Troy what's the latest on these items getting auctioned off. Do you have any other photos you could add to this lot ..Cheers
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Troy what's the latest on these items getting auctioned off. Do you have any other photos you could add to this lot ..Cheers
Yeah, the hold up is down to me being busy with the day job. Bob's selling all of his memorabilia, I should think people on this site will be more interested in the 2 BOO tour scarves with the small horned figure pins, Bob's BOO tour jacket, T-shirts and sweat shirt from UK tour, Clearwell Castle and Shepperton T- shirts, UK tour programme, and the sash with Randy's name on it that was made for Bob the day that Randy died, he wore it every night of the Uriah Heep US tour. There are lots of programmes and itineraries from the BATM tours and several T Shirts. I still haven't photographed everything, I'll see if Bob's webmaster can put some more photos on his FB this weekend.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i'd like to know which guitar picks he has collected from other players... I'd want to see more then just his Ozzy RR tour memorabilia. As i have most of the items available...Is Bob selling his Blizzard 1980 UK tour passes ? I don't think they issued a tour itinerary for that tour as the dates kept being added as the tour progressed.. But anymore info is welcome Cheers ;-)
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah i'd like to know which guitar picks he has collected from other players... I'd want to see more then just his Ozzy RR tour memorabilia. As i have most of the items available...Is Bob selling his Blizzard 1980 UK tour passes ? I don't think they issued a tour itinerary for that tour as the dates kept being added as the tour progressed.. But anymore info is welcome Cheers ;-)
There's a copy of the UK tour programme with poster still attached but no tour passes. As for pics, there's one signed by Jake E Lee and one by Zakk both have Ozzy Osbourne on the reverse. 2 Tony Iommi, one signed other has name printed with Black Sabbath on reverse. One of Eric Clapton's printed with 'This is my fucking pick. EC', a few of Gary's a couple signed by him and one with Ken printed on it, 2 Lee Jackson's and a couple signed by Steve Vai, Steve Morse and one signed by Eric Singer with KISS monster on reverse... there are a few others but can't remember them off the top of my head. Personally I like some of the old programmes from Rainbow, Gary Moore and Ozzy days and the tour itineraries that show where the band stayed and in at least one case what was on the menu that night. Cool stuff, I hope it goes to someone who enjoys it.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Troy will those picks be auctioned off as a job lot ? a great collection for sure.... I've got most of those tour programmes and they are a nice memento from those tours. I have some later tour itineries from Ozzy tour's and they are an interesting wealth of inside info...I'd love to see the 1981 - 1982 itineries..I've only ever seen them from late 1981 - 82. Any idea when the auctions will begin and what duration will the auctions last for ? I'd hate to miss this.. Cheers ;-)
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

The BOO tour jacket and scarves are up for bids now, the armband with Randy's name should be up later today. People have been asked to write in saying what they're willing to pay, they'll have to the end of the month to bid for the stuff that's put up this week. I've taken photos of the picks, I don't know how to post photos on here or I would. I think they can be bought individually but if anyone wants more than one item it's probably best to send an email to Simon at the website address and let him know what the bid for job lot would be. I know it's nothing like an eBay auction but hopefully the stuff will go to fans.
Cheers, Troy
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Thanks Shaun for talking me through how to post photos! Here are a few of the guitar picks that I mentioned (I hope!) Both Jake & Zakk's picks have Ozzy Osbourne on the reverse. Not sure when these will be up for sale, there are several tour programmes coming up as well.
Troy
Attachments
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1721.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Have any legit Randy Rhoads picks surfaced?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:Have any legit Randy Rhoads picks surfaced?
Randy never used a signature pick, he mainly used Fender mediums 0.71mm. We've talked about this in previous threads. Some photos show his picks taped onto his cabs and mic stands. Never be fooled into buying a signature pick on ebay or an on line auction as they were never made. They'll be fakes or picks made after he died.
Attachments
Randy Rhoads picks 4.jpg
(31.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RR picks 1.jpg
Randy Rhoads picks 2.jpg
100_7171.jpg
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

There are none of Randy's picks in the lot that I collected from Bob.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Randy never used a signature pick, he mainly used Fender mediums 0.71mm. We've talked about this in previous threads. Some photos show his picks taped onto his cabs and mic stands. Never be fooled into buying a signature pick on ebay or an on line auction as they were never made. They'll be fakes or picks made after he died.

Yeah I knew he used Fender picks and never had personalized ones. With that being said I would never feel comfortable buying a pick. Unless there was some way to prove it was his.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:

Troy how come Bob's pick collection suddenly has a Fender Medium RR pick added to the others that all got mentioned apart from Randy's ??. Hey i might be missing something here but i honestly think that pick has been no where near Randy. Very much like alot of questions put past Bob and over the years he never mentioned that pick RR gave him and he still treasures it now... Come on if this is what it is why has he never mentioned it until now. I think he would of brought it up in his book at least.
Attachments
Bob's picks.jpg
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sky wrote:

Troy how come Bob's pick collection suddenly has a Fender Medium RR pick added to the others that all got mentioned apart from Randy's ??. Hey i might be missing something here but i honestly think that pick has been no where near Randy. Very much like alot of questions put past Bob and over the years he never mentioned that pick RR gave him and he still treasures it now... Come on if this is what it is why has he never mentioned it until now. I think he would of brought it up in his book at least.
Shaun, you asked me to let you know when the picks were going up for sale, I sent you a PM today and told you they'd just been put up on Bob's FB. Bob didn't mention ANY picks in his book apart from the ones he usually uses, he didn't mention that he still had the EB3 picks that were used on BOO or that he had 2 of Tony Iommi's picks that were used on the Eternal Idol. Same goes for Jake's and Zakk's, none of them were mentioned. Randy's pick came back to London in a bag with the others, I didn't know who any of the unsigned picks were used by until I asked last week just before I grouped them together for the FB photos. Whoever the picks go to will get a signed letter of provenance from Bob. If that isn't good enough for you, that's your problem.
Troy
Last edited by Sky on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Troy it's the lowest of the low doing this and anyone who pays a fortune for that pick is going to do this on the strength of a letter of provenance from a dishonest guy. I don't want to hear the excuses Oh Bob forgot he had it ..It fell out of one of his suit case's from the 80's. All i know is that it has never been discussed and all of a sudden when its convenient to make some $£$£$£$£$£$£$ he now owns a pick from Randy fkn Rhoads...When the items from the Blizzard of Ozz era sold the pick never got as much as a fkn whisper. When you mentioned the picks to me you never mentioned that Bob had a RR pick for sale WHY??..Bob knows fine well he can cash up on this so called pick and some one is going to get well burnt..