Alpine White Les Paul Custom

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Alpine White Les Paul Custom

Post by Shockwave »

So after 25+ years of playing I finally got my dream guitar which is the Les Paul Custom Alpine White. I had a 68 Reissue LP custom a few years ago but that thing was a dud IMO and I sold it after about 2 or 3 years of owning it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I never really like to buy new but was looking at the new Les Paul Standards and with the payment plans avaialble i was going to get one. Then I thought if I am going to spend that much I might as well just look for a used custom and see what i can find in good condition.

For most part I always use ebay and Reverb.com for used and new stuff so i checked both and found a gem on reverb. A guitar collector down south who really does not play at all it seems after talking to him had a absolutely mint 2007 Gibson LP Custom. He said it was only played for about an hour and then just on display for the last 9 years at his house with his 20 other les pauls. He said it still had the original strings on it from the music store so that really enforced his story of it being mint. I received it a few weeks ago and he was true to his word. Totally showroom condition with only a tiny amount of yellowing on the back, nothing on the front or sides yet. Weighs 10.5lbs and has ebony fretboard luckily as 2007 is right around the time Gibson started switching to those richlite boards. He wanted $3200 originally but i got him down to $2740 shipped in the end :D

$4800 guitar if you buy it new today :) :D

Brian_D

Re: Alpine White Les Paul Custom

Post by Brian_D »

Noice! I picked up one myself a couple of months ago. It's a 2012 Custom...part of a special run for Wildwood, so I'm told...

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Not that I really have the money, but I've always wanted to get a white Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Unfortunately, I'm rather picky on what I want it to have. Ebony fretboard, non-weight relieved (This is the hard thing to find, sadly), and in mint condition.

I get why they do the weight relieving in general, to make the guitars not so damn heavy, but I personally do not want a weight relieved guitar. I like a heavy guitar.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Luckily mine isn't weight relieved. It's a "70's Style" and part of a special run for Wildwood I was told. It had the black witch hat knobs originally, which I swapped out, and also added all the brass covers and switch tip like Randy's. I have a spare pickguard I'm going to get engraved at a trophy shop when I get around to it, but I'll keep the original just in case I ever want to sell it.