Marshall Is Set to Reissue the Silver Jubilee

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Marshall Is Set to Reissue the Silver Jubilee

Post by dannyahansen »

Looks like another amp is coming out and it sounds, to my ears, very very nice. I really would like to get one. I was not aware of all the features this amp has.

http://www.marshallamps.com/products/am ... ues/2555x/

The amps should have a street value of bout 2580 and the cabs are a ridiculous 1800. Not sure how I feel about those.
Stiltzkin

Re: Marshall Is Set to Reissue the Silver Jubilee

Post by Stiltzkin »

…so will Gibson release another Slash sig to go with this amp? :D
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

dannyahansen wrote:Looks like another amp is coming out and it sounds, to my ears, very very nice. I really would like to get one. I was not aware of all the features this amp has.

http://www.marshallamps.com/products/am ... ues/2555x/

The amps should have a street value of bout 2580 and the cabs are a ridiculous 1800. Not sure how I feel about those.
Nice! But I wonder how much this has to do with Joe Bonamassa getting more and more popular these days?
The sounds are nice but I stick to my slaved 1959HW pushed to the limit, so far to me nothing beats that. 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I had one of the original ones for a few months, but couldn't get rid of the fizz (pretty much exactly like slashes tone on illusion albums) so flicked it
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:I had one of the original ones for a few months, but couldn't get rid of the fizz (pretty much exactly like slashes tone on illusion albums) so flicked it
Interesting. What do you mean bu the fizz? Just that it had too much presence?
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

dannyahansen wrote:
sytharnia wrote:I had one of the original ones for a few months, but couldn't get rid of the fizz (pretty much exactly like slashes tone on illusion albums) so flicked it
Interesting. What do you mean bu the fizz? Just that it had too much presence?
hard to explain fizz but listen to slashes rhythm tone on november rain....thats what I call fizz. Don't really know what it was but I was pretty young and had no idea how to dial in a tone back then :D :mrgreen:
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I jammed on on last night. I walked away less than impressed. I have played original one's too and didn't really care for them either. But they were a combo and some times stacks sound better. Sooooo. I just thought it sounded tinny. I probably won't be buying one. If I was in a G n' R cover band I might buy one. They do give you that slash tone pretty easily.

The other thing is the clean channel is really nice. It sounds great. So there you have it.