5150 iii 100 w settings

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

devorerd
Cool Member

5150 iii 100 w settings

Post by devorerd »

Anybody have some cool setting they would like to share...I have that amp, and had to get a tube screamer to get enough sustain out of channel 2 (can crank the thing too loud..... I recognize that there are sites that have settings out there (Wolfgang registry)..but would like to see some from the RR experts here!

Thanks
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: 5150 iii 100 w settings

Post by Shockwave »

Man i waited for years for that thing to come out, then i finally got one a couple years ago after like a 6 month wait.. Absolutely hated it, i think it played it for about 2hrs after unboxing it, then returned it lol. It just sounded so lifeless and thin compared to my 78 JMP.

The only other amp on my list now is the Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva, Pristine Fender cleans along with the Marshall crunch or all out metal? Yes sir, i will take one of those!

no help to you, but good luck!
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Thank Shock..I do have it dialed in decent now, I like the versatility of the three channels, I also own the original 5150, which still sounds great as well...

BTW:

ZEUS AUDIO SYSTEMS MODEL 8444 GUITAR PREAMP --Ever heard of this...I don't think Randy used one...?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Shockwave wrote:Man i waited for years for that thing to come out, then i finally got one a couple years ago after like a 6 month wait.. Absolutely hated it, i think it played it for about 2hrs after unboxing it, then returned it lol. It just sounded so lifeless and thin compared to my 78 JMP.

The only other amp on my list now is the Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva, Pristine Fender cleans along with the Marshall crunch or all out metal? Yes sir, i will take one of those!

no help to you, but good luck!
I jammed on one at GC for a while and I really didn't care for it. I thought I would love it a lot. I thought it sounded lifeless as well. But to be fair it was at a music store and it can be hard to tell what it really can do in a big room with lots of noise.

I have been using the Carvin Legacy for a few years and so far I have been very well pleased with them even more than I thought I would. Those amps have a certain open tone that I find lacking in other amps.

I would like to try the Custom Audio Electronics amps and a Soldano. I have tried VHT, Bogner and Diezel amps. I thought they all sounded good I probably would own any of them.