Progress on the Concorde!!!

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Progress on the Concorde!!!

Post by Shockwave »

devorerd wrote:Good points, let me clarify a bit, he was going more towards Jackson then another PDV, which is why I went that direction as well. Always thought the Conccorde had really good tonality, and no doubt it looked super cool as well.

Out of his 3 Jackson he did have made there is no doubt to me that the 1st one your having built looks the best by a long shot. If they were not so damn expensive for the real Jackson copies i would get one of those.
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

devorerd wrote:No the guitar is still being constructed, they just sent me a pic to give me status..
O I see!!! cool! looks like a nice guitar!!!!
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

dannyahansen wrote:Do they have choice of wood options on these guitars? Looks like a fun project guitar.

In the custom shop you can pick the wood but when you buy the guitar straight off the website you PRETY much get the guitar made with the specs listed. The specs listed on their site are PRETY close to Randy's specs

The cool thing about their custome shop is that a custome version of all the guitars on their website only cost around $100-200 more than the listed
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Nick Hughes wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:Do they have choice of wood options on these guitars? Looks like a fun project guitar.

In the custom shop you can pick the wood but when you buy the guitar straight off the website you PRETY much get the guitar made with the specs listed. The specs listed on their site are PRETY close to Randy's specs

The cool thing about their custome shop is that a custome version of all the guitars on their website only cost around $100-200 more than the listed
Interesting. Might be worth looking a bit more.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Any update man ?
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I'm going to send them an email today, been on travel for work..I'll post as soon as I hear back!
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

All done
Attachments
IMG_2826.jpg
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

More
Attachments
IMG_2820.jpg
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Looks beautiful only took about a month to make

Gonna look even more beauty full in the flight case :)

For anybody worried about these replica don't be they try to nail every detail they can

Just look at the hand painted Jackson logo at the top

Hope you are happy with your replica man make sure you play the hell out of your guitar :)
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Appreciate it Nick, can't wait to rip Over the mountain, Flying High, Believer, etc....
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Looks Nice!
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Well, it does look nice.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Do you have any other "high end" guitars that you will be able to compare this to?

After looking at the site and them seemingly being pretty honest about there guitar building process I am interested possibly. I am planning on having a GMW made for me exactly to Randy's specs other than possibly the floyd rose. That will be slightly over 3k in the end though.. Would it be worth 2k more than a 1k guitar from these guys? Probably not...but i am very curious to see how yours pans out.
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

I wonder if the company building the guitar would build one and send it unfinished or just body and set neck like in the first picture that was posted, of the concord and then I could have some other Luther finish up the work and maybe it would be somewhat cheaper?
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I have a tracking number, so it's in en-route...I have 3 Peavey EVH Wolfgangs including the hard to find Patent Pending model which play very nice, also my Meanstreet Frankenstrat and few other guitars...So those will be my benchmarks. It also took three months to make, I paid in early May...
Attachments
Axes.jpg