Rare Fender pick?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jacobnilsson

Rare Fender pick?

Post by jacobnilsson »

Hi!

I've got this weird Fender pick. It's a X-Hvy pink confetti pick. The Fender logo is gold-ish and there is a strat headstock in the background. Anyone of you know where this pick comes from?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Rare Fender pick?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

jacobnilsson wrote:Hi!

I've got this weird Fender pick. It's a X-Hvy pink confetti pick. The Fender logo is gold-ish and there is a strat headstock in the background. Anyone of you know where this pick comes from?
A photo may be of help, but it sounds like a generic Fender XH pick. Your not trying to make a connection with what Randy Rhoads used. As he used to use 'Fender Medium's'. He didn't use a signature pick or one with any logos on like Ozzy Quiet Riot just a bog standard off the shelf generic Fender pick.
jacobnilsson

Post by jacobnilsson »

Ok here it is, never seen a pick like this before
Attachments
image.jpg
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I cant say that I have every seen a pick just like that. But I have seen plenty of celluloid picks in this same color.
jacobnilsson

Post by jacobnilsson »

dannyahansen wrote:I cant say that I have every seen a pick just like that. But I have seen plenty of celluloid picks in this same color.
Yeah I've seen celluoids with that kind of pattern and color, but it's the headstock, the style Fender logo and the way it says X-Hvy that makes me curious. Would like to know which decade it was made.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It is hard to make out the Fender logo does it have the (R) in a circle. As the unregistered logo was before 1977 if the logo does not have the (R) you can date the pick.
jacobnilsson

Post by jacobnilsson »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It is hard to make out the Fender logo does it have the (R) in a circle. As the unregistered logo was before 1977 if the logo does not have the (R) you can date the pick.
Nope, no (R) in sight
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

You might have a vintage pick. Kinda cool.
jacobnilsson

Post by jacobnilsson »

Yeah, but I still want to know more about it. What if it belonged to a great guitarist? Not likely, but it could be
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

jacobnilsson wrote:Yeah, but I still want to know more about it. What if it belonged to a great guitarist? Not likely, but it could be
Well that is very unlikely and if it was, how can you put a name to the pick. Remember before signature picks all the big names used generic picks. So your pick is nothing more then a generic pick and with no history on the item.
jacobnilsson

Post by jacobnilsson »

Yeah that is true :D