Marshall RR 1959 Question

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

BowTie29
Cool Member

Marshall RR 1959 Question

Post by BowTie29 »

Im guessing some memebers here have one of the RR1959 Marshalls or even a cascaded plexi. Im wondering if the cascaded/modded channel is able to get tones that are similar to that of Ratt(DeMartini/Crosby)/Dokken Lynch (Under Lock and Key/Tooth and Nail)?

I have a plexi clone and Im debating what mod to get done to it for these type tones, Im thinking cascade because it is switchable.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Marshall RR 1959 Question

Post by sytharnia »

BowTie29 wrote:Im guessing some memebers here have one of the RR1959 Marshalls or even a cascaded plexi. Im wondering if the cascaded/modded channel is able to get tones that are similar to that of Ratt(DeMartini/Crosby)/Dokken Lynch (Under Lock and Key/Tooth and Nail)?

I have a plexi clone and Im debating what mod to get done to it for these type tones, Im thinking cascade because it is switchable.
I would say a BE or HBE mod is your best bet....not to cheap though

If you have a local amp guru anywhere near you go and talk to them, its amazing what those guys know when it comes to mods....the jose mod is pretty much what all the modded marshalls are based on and most amp guys know roughly how to get there