new guy here w/a 1985 RR.

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Bear R.-

new guy here w/a 1985 RR.

Post by Bear R.- »

100_3193.JPG
hi new guy here.i thought id post a pic of my newest guitar plus say hi to everyone.ive been a die hard Randy fan since way back.but heres a pic.of my 1985 RR..Thanks and God Bless..cant wait to join in..Barry..
Last edited by Bear R.- on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1985 RR San Dimas Jackson Guitar
2010 ESP Formula FR.
Marshall TSL Head . jcm800 cabinet.65's...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: new guy here w/a 1985 RR.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Welcome to the board Barry 'let the madness begin'.... ;-)
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Awesome! The only guitar I own that isnt one of my own brand, is a Jan 1985 RR :) Serial 1050!
Bear R.-

Post by Bear R.- »

hi rhoads56..thats freakin awesome.i would love to see the guitars you make..as far as your RR 1985 guitar.you say its a jan RR .do you mean it was made in January of 1985 ?.or did you mean Jackson.in short.if you meant the month I wander what month mine is # 1284.. what month would that be? if this is what you meant, that is..we got a pretty close ser.# you and me..thats cool.hey man.cant wait to hear from ya on this matter...take care brother and God Bless ya..Barry.
2010 ESP Formula FR.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Yeah i meant January. Id say yours is right up there in first quarter of the year, as they really started ramping up production in early 85.

Here are the numbers for 1985:
1985 San Dimas RR0997-RR1754
Bear R.-

Post by Bear R.- »

Right on rhoads56..thats good to hear. as for myself, and it could be because of the RR I own here..i think 85 was the best year.it was at the height of metal.i mean at its peak.85 was a good yr.for me too.i remember those days like yesterday.Yngwie had Marching out Dio had the best world tour ever w/sacred heart.umm..Mettalica had Master of puppets..i think in 85..and just tons of good music that yr.and Jackson looked to have a great crew of people that yr too..im glad I got a RR from that era anyway.83 to 86 was just awesome for the RR guitars.you know it?.well take care and id like to see your Rhoads guitar sometime if you would honor me w/a pic.God Bless...Barry
Last edited by Bear R.- on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 ESP Formula FR.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I just picked up 2 RR1's recently. I had sold mine years ago to get into a house. Man I really missed my Jackson. I forgot how much I really love them. I need to post picks of mine. One is a RR1 that is white with pinstripes and has the Slash pick ups in it. The other is a RR1t that is in that ice blue metallic. You can find pictures on Ebay. That guitar is really nice sounding.

And I am still waiting on a bid from Jackson for my Custom Shop. It has almost been 2 years (March of 2012) since I first contacted them.

BTW that is a sweet ax.
Bear R.-

Post by Bear R.- »

Thank you danny..love the Jacksons also.had them all my life but never an RR and leet me tell ya.your right though they play so good its incredible..i will go over to ebay and see that.as for Jackson orders? they take a long time but be patient and it will be worth the wait.ps..oh by the way thanks for the awesome commenti needed it.i haven't got any comments on er from my area no one seems to know what the history is on these guitars..they are worth having just for being a Randy fan.and then knowing he created this and to have one these guitars from that era just a couple yrs after his death, we're so fortunate..its priceless to me.i hope that made sense.ha,ha....God Bless...Barry
2010 ESP Formula FR.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Keep in mind I am still waiting on just the bid. I have not even paid money yet so it will still be another 2 years at a min. before it is built once I order it. So I will be look at about 4 years total wait time. Ha. Oh well it is a dream guitar so I am willing to wait.

I would love to get an 80's jackson. I just have my eyes set on the custom shop and it is going to take some serious fundage. Once that is done I plan on buying several Jacksons.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Danny, the dealer should be able to quote you on the guitar within a week or two. I guarantee they have lost the quote form.
Bear R.-

Post by Bear R.- »

Ya he's right I asked the music zoo to look in on a price for a Jackson custom shop and it took 2 weeks to hear back. they gave me the build sheet and everything.keep in mind this was just a price check too..there on ebay and sell a lot bad guitars.alot of jacksons too.id go check them out.God Bless..Barry
2010 ESP Formula FR.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

rhoads56 wrote:Danny, the dealer should be able to quote you on the guitar within a week or two. I guarantee they have lost the quote form.
Normally I would agree with you. But trust me they did not lose the quote. I have received 2 quote forms back both wrong. I (My guy at GC whom I trust) have been in contact with 2 different people that work for Jackson. My build is complex and very specific. Lots of custom work. It is not a typical build were some one comes in and say I want an RR1 in hot pink with white dots and my name on the 12th fret. Everything is custom. I should get all of the info and post it. It is a huge project. The guitar will cost retail between 12 and 15 k. So they did get back to me fast, it was just that it was wrong. And getting that correction is what is taking so long.

Also keep in mind I don't think poorly of Jackson. I just had to have some clarification because I had heard other peoples builds what weren't what they thought it should be because they did not communicate it all to Jackson. For instance. Some one once said they wanted a translucent green guitar. They were not specific enought to say that they only wanted the top green the back was to be clear. Its things like that Jackson seem to not get in the form they sent back to me. So yeah, "All good things come to those who wait".

The other thing is that I am not ready to actually fund this project until next year. So it really is not a bad thing.
Bear R.-

Post by Bear R.- »

oh ya.sounds like the ultimate project.maybe Jacksons all time build..cant wait to hear what you got going on..in good time though.i agree Jackson builds the best guitars ever....again.sounds great.i cant even imagine what it could be/look like..take care brother and God Bless..Barry
2010 ESP Formula FR.