I need help choosing a new guitar

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Which guitar do you think I should save up for?

Fender Strat
11%
Epiphone Les Paul
22%
Westone Dynasty
No votes
Gibson Les Paul
67%

Total votes: 9

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

if I ever bought a strat I would put Burns Tri-Sonics in them 8)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Stiltzkin wrote:if I ever bought a strat I would put Burns Tri-Sonics in them 8)
What are they like? Expensive?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Ell wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:if I ever bought a strat I would put Burns Tri-Sonics in them 8)
What are they like? Expensive?
you could find them on eBay pretty decent :)

dunno' the retail price :(
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This page says the price is $97.50 if that helps any...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Pretty expensive if I got three of them, although if I did choose that whole Strat path I would probably get one DiMarzio or the Burns and then two cheaper ones or maybe just keep the middle and neck single coil pickups.

Does anyone with a Strat find that the strings are a little too close to the scratchplate. I noticed this when I last played one and I just want to know whether it can become a problem or anything.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I'm thinking of going for an Epiphone, I'd upgrade the pickups and tuners and whatever else needs it if I got it with the spare money. But the main reason i'm thinking about getting the Epiphone is that I'd have to take it to school very often, and Gibson's tend to get stolen from my school pretty often compared to any other guitar brand. It felt pretty good today in the shop, however I still haven't made my final decision. I really liked the feel of the neck as well, completely different to how mine is and the action was a nice change.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I play drums so I know nothing about guitars but I am told the epiphone is a great guitar :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I went for the Epiphone, not that exact one, but it was a really great decision. I'm really glad I got it. Sure, you could say a Gibson would be even better but i'm more than happy with the Epiphone and I didn't have to sell any of my organs to buy it! :D
Last edited by Ell on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenixdoido

Post by fenixdoido »

It's better buying a better guitar like Gb Lespaul or an American Strat than xpending a lot of money on bad guitars to fix them.