My idea for a distortion. Pedal

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

My idea for a distortion. Pedal

Post by randy will never die »

I was thinking about a distortion pedal design that i came up with and I don't know if it has been created yet

I was thinking take out all of the wiring for a wha wha and put a distortion in there

My thought is that you can raise and lower the distortion at any time without your hands

This pedal has no wha wha involved so when you use it you don't get that fluttery sound from a wha wha

You rock the pedal all the way forward and that is the max distortion you rock the pedal all the way back and that is the lowest distortion

But finally the on and off switch I thought about keeping the wha style switch

WHAT do you think please give me some feedback

I am thinking about presenting my design to Dunlop but I will make sure I have a contract :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: My idea for a distortion. Pedal

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die
Mass Poster

No that's a distorted wha I mean A wha foot switch that you can rock back and forth but it has no wha sound in the pedal so when you rock back and forth on the pedal it does not sound wha wha wha like

My pedal is basically a mxr distortion plus in wha form you can control the the amount of distortion by rocking back an forth all the way back is the lowest distortion setting and all the way forward is the highest setting

See what I am try to say
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I think that the Morley pedal has that option built in as an option, so you can have it wah or you can have it as a distortion pedal by using a selector knob on the side of it, I think the DIME wah has a similar feature as well
randy will never die
Mass Poster

BowTie29 wrote:I think that the Morley pedal has that option built in as an option, so you can have it wah or you can have it as a distortion pedal by using a selector knob on the side of it, I think the DIME wah has a similar feature as well

No the dime wah is a distortion wah with a fuzz face
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Man I thout I was going to be a million air for a second :(
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Many years ago I used to think that would be a good idea. Since buying a valve amp I have no real practical application for it. Volume knob on the guitar is all I need and has the added benefit of mixing in more treble which really produces the quality needed for a punchy lead/solo tone.

But you are right, I don't think anyone makes it. With a bit of re-wiring you could possibly do the same job with an expression pedal.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
randy will never die
Mass Poster

rice_pudding wrote:Many years ago I used to think that would be a good idea. Since buying a valve amp I have no real practical application for it. Volume knob on the guitar is all I need and has the added benefit of mixing in more treble which really produces the quality needed for a punchy lead/solo tone.

But you are right, I don't think anyone makes it. With a bit of re-wiring you could possibly do the same job with an expression pedal.

Rob

It's good to see you again rob you have been on and off the past few months how you been ?
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

You could get that effect by running a volume pedal after your distortion in a pedal chain with your distortion dimed. Then you wouldnt need rewiring at all
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

randy will never die wrote: It's good to see you again rob you have been on and off the past few months how you been ?
I've been on and off for many years now, I used to be a real regular once. Real life has a way of taking over eventually. I'm throwing myself into some new projects, little time for guitar playing sadly. Speaking of which, I need to fix some pots.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk