NAD + NGD

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: NAD + NGD

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I've been looking at Gibson and reading reviews by consumers about Gibson products. Seems to me that Gibson is charging outrageous prices for an inferior product.
you can look at it the other way too.
alot of those reviews are made to justify the reliefers own purchase.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:you can look at it the other way too.
Very true. Still, the price of a new Gibson Les Paul isn't worth paying in my opinion, so I found a reasonable alternative.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:you can look at it the other way too.
Very true. Still, the price of a new Gibson Les Paul isn't worth paying in my opinion, so I found a reasonable alternative.
Me too. Its called a used Jackson RR-1. I bought it for about 1299.99. Put some new slash Alnico II pros. This guitar screams.

I think most guitars these days are more than I want to pay. I mean 2899.99 for a new Jackson. 1699 for a fender American DLX. 2699.99 for a les paul standard. 3899.99 for a custom. Too much money. That just seems to be the way guitars are going. I mean a really nice Ibanez is now 3699.99.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Not being a professional musician, $500 is as step as I'd go on an instrument... hence the pawn shops. I understand that a gigging player might want an RR-1, but that's too rich for my blood.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Not being a professional musician, $500 is as step as I'd go on an instrument... hence the pawn shops. I understand that a gigging player might want an RR-1, but that's too rich for my blood.
Lol. You got to do what you got to do. BTW I am not even a gigging musician. I just really like nice guitars. Infact I like my RR1 so much I want another one. I am probably going to sell my GMW Polka Dot.