NAD + NGD

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sytharnia
Mass Poster

NAD + NGD

Post by sytharnia »

new amp and guitar day

amp is a jet city jca 22H...has the soldano slo genes in spades...couldn't be happier

(sorry for crap photo's..sun coming right in the window above the rig)

and the guitar....a chinese knock off that is actually really nice once I put some dimarzios in it
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: NAD + NGD

Post by randy will never die »

sytharnia wrote:new amp and guitar day

amp is a jet city jca 22H...has the soldano slo genes in spades...couldn't be happier

(sorry for crap photo's..sun coming right in the window above the rig)

and the guitar....a chinese knock off that is actually really nice once I put some dimarzios in it

And people say chinese knock offs are super cheap plywood guitars that are not worth the time and money

Do you like your chinese Gibson sunburst copy

When I bout a few off of Dhgate.com

I had to replace the tuners and electronics in the guitar and I wax potted the pickups
Ended up putting a super distortion in the bridge and a Gibson 57 classic in the neck sounds heavenly going through a plexi
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I was very surprised by the quality of the LP, no plywood to be found here. I did have to do a little bit of fret filing but it wasn't anything major.........I have a tokai LP that is chinese made and it to is an awesome guitar
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Any ways were did you buy this amp it looks soo NICE

Never heard of a tokia guitar have too take a look
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Holy crap sytharnia. You didn't tell us how affordable these amps are and they sound amazing

Have to get 1 or maybe 3 :D

But $300 for an amp and $150 for the speaker cabinet

I take a couple of these
Have you seen Marshall's amp prices ?

I am not a cheap person but I think a company that is doing extremely well like Marshall should at least keep the prices for there amps reasonable like jet city amps

THANKS FOR SHARING
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:I am not a cheap person but I think a company that is doing extremely well like Marshall should at least keep the prices for there amps reasonable like jet city amps
well, people still buy Marshall so why should the lower their prices? ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You can still get some good deals on 2nd hand marshall gear you don't have to pay top prices for new amps and cabs.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Stiltzkin wrote:
randy will never die wrote:I am not a cheap person but I think a company that is doing extremely well like Marshall should at least keep the prices for there amps reasonable like jet city amps
well, people still buy Marshall so why should the lower their prices? ;)

this

also the DSL 15h is the same price as a jet city and does really cool marshall and high gain tones......

I am still loving the jet after a couple of months with it......I just live the presence it has :mrgreen:
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

5 months have gone by and I am still totally loving the jet city.....its just awesome. Any how got bored with how it looked so "modded" it

:mrgreen:
randy will never die
Mass Poster

What tubes does it have
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

EL84
12AX7
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

tone1963 wrote:EL84
12AX7
these....still using the stock chinese ones. Apparently changing to things like JJ's etc really bring out more in the amp but I love it how it is so once (if) I start getting bored with it I will change tubes
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You can still get some good deals on 2nd hand marshall gear you don't have to pay top prices for new amps and cabs.
Going used is a great way to save money. I just bought an RR1 (I used to own one but sold it to get into a house 7 years ago) I cost me used as much I payed for it back in 2000 when I got it new. Which was 1299.00. I mean I didn't want to drop 2899.99 for a new one.

And the new marshall's from what I have been told are all made in asia now. And you can still get a used JCM 800 for under 1000.00 , So that is what I would do. I bought 2 Carvin legacy's for under 1000 used. And most of the time there is absolutly nothing wrong with the used gear that you are buying.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

I am a kind of person that thinks using used stuf is a sin WHY because I feel that the person that used that object before put their soul and their heart in that object and I belive that if it takes me a million years to buy a REAL les Paul or marshal I will wait

I hope what I am trying to say is getting out there because I don't know how else to explain what I am tring to through out their
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:I am a kind of person that thinks using used stuf is a sin WHY because I feel that the person that used that object before put their soul and their heart in that object and I belive that if it takes me a million years to buy a REAL les Paul or marshal I will wait

I hope what I am trying to say is getting out there because I don't know how else to explain what I am tring to through out their
Used gear a sin? Hmmm, interesting point of view. I disagree, but still, interesting.

To me used gear is simply less expensive gear. I don't see used instruments as having someone's "soul and their heart" put into them as much as I see them as tools someone sold because they no longer wanted them or needed money. I've never seen a guitar as anything but a tool for creating music.

I've been looking at Gibson and reading reviews by consumers about Gibson products. Seems to me that Gibson is charging outrageous prices for an inferior product. So I decided I wouldn't support Gibson by buying one of their guitars. When I found the Seville it solved the problem. It's a set neck guitar, mahogany, binding on the top & neck like a Standard but with block inlays like a Custom AND the maple on the top is not flamed, which I hate. To me it's unique and perfect.

Everyone need to find that guitar that suits them perfectly, if it's used, great, if it's brand new, that's cool, too.

Now if one of these pawn shops will just get in a decent Marshall...