RANDY RHOADS - Polkadot Flying V - HD VIDEO - RareElectricGu

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: RANDY RHOADS - Polkadot Flying V - HD VIDEO - RareElectr

Post by sytharnia »

Dino wrote:Still, there are folks who will pay it just as there were folks who paid $25k for the Fender Frankenstien replica. Hopefully we both agree that neither replica guitar is worth that kind of money.
I agree with all of what you said except this bit, if someone is willing to pay $12 or $25k for a guitar then that is what it is worth.....to them at least. The true value is what some one actually pays for something so a guitar that sells for $100 is worth $100 at the point of sale, if they then sell the same guitar for $400 then its worth $400.

I would never spend $12k on a guitar because I don;t see that as value for money..... and i'm cheap :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind one of these REG guitars myself
Dino

Post by Dino »

sytharnia wrote:
Dino wrote:Still, there are folks who will pay it just as there were folks who paid $25k for the Fender Frankenstien replica. Hopefully we both agree that neither replica guitar is worth that kind of money.
I agree with all of what you said except this bit, if someone is willing to pay $12 or $25k for a guitar then that is what it is worth.....to them at least.
Maybe TO THEM, but if an individual over pays for an item, that one person does not then determine market value. There are several factors involved in determining market value that don't involve "what someone is willing to pay".
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"Value" is unimportant, cost is all that matters... and "market value" is simply bullshit mathematical formulas used to inflate a price. Ultimately, what someone is willing to pay is the only true way to measure perceived value. If we all stopped buying gas, the price would drop because the demand went away. Would that mean gas is less valuable? Yep. Same goes for gold, diamonds, etc. "value" is based on how badly people want something. Period.
Dino

Post by Dino »

Paul Wolfe wrote:"Value" is unimportant, cost is all that matters... and "market value" is simply bullshit mathematical formulas used to inflate a price. Ultimately, what someone is willing to pay is the only true way to measure perceived value. If we all stopped buying gas, the price would drop because the demand went away. Would that mean gas is less valuable? Yep. Same goes for gold, diamonds, etc. "value" is based on how badly people want something. Period.
"Bullshit mathematical formulas" used to measure market value does not always result in an inflated price. I should also point out that your examples of supply and demand for gas, gold, diamonds, etc., is a key factor in those "bullshit mathematical formulas" when determining market value.

At the end of the day, I believe we all have our own personal market value on guitars based on our own individual taste, our current "needs", and what we can afford.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Dino wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:Rareelectricguitars.co even puts the hand painted Jackson logo on the guitar

Soo basically your getting a $12,000 guitar for $300 ($800 with upgrades)

No you are not. There are tons of differences between the 2. Looks is about all that is the same.

Oh well. I am not going to get into this again.
Danny,
You're correct. There are a ton of differences between the two guitars.
I have been completely honest in my review of the Chinese replica I received and at no time did I ever say it was comparable to the $12k Jackson, HOWEVER ...

Let's be honest about the true value of that $12k Jackson.
The price set at $12,619.56 was supposedly a hommage to Randy which was to represent his birth date, 12/6/1956. That (IMO) is not the true value of the guitar. Still, there are folks who will pay it just as there were folks who paid $25k for the Fender Frankenstien replica. Hopefully we both agree that neither replica guitar is worth that kind of money.

You were kind enough to state that the two guitars look the same, and that is all I was hoping for. I don't know whether I just "got lucky" with the guitar I received or if this is typical of the Concordes currently being produced in China but I am extremely happy with the appearance. Again, that was all I hoped for.

I have since stripped the guitar and replaced EVERY piece of electronics, wiring, and every piece of hardware on the entire guitar with quality parts. I even had to level and dress the frets and realign the tremolo but the guitar now plays and sounds just as good as any of my other "quality" guitars that were made in the USA.

I am in no way promoting or endorsing Chinese replicas.
I'm simply stating my own personal experiences with this one guitar.
This is not a guitar for someone with no knowledge of guitar repair(s).
I was honest in my statement that it was little more than a wall hanger right out of the box. Still, it was a really fun project and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
I am glad you have a guitar that works for you. BTW I was not suggesting that some one was dishonest or lied about something. I think the Jackson's are outrageous in price. But hey it is what it is. All I was saying is there is a partial legitimate reason for cost difference. I am not sure I could ever justify spending 12k on a guitar. Dunno its not for me. Obviously people have and did spend that kind of money. Anyway I hope you enjoy your guitar. It does look nice.