Drum kit

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Drum kit

Post by dannyahansen »

My daughter just turned 9 and she had been asking for drums for a while now, about a year now. So my wife and I had a serious talk about getting a drum kit for her. I went to Guitar Center and talked with the drum manager who I have known for about 12 years now, and we ended up getting a Pearl Export series kit with a Paste cymbal pack. Anyway, as some one who does not play drums I have found my self down stairs in her room playing every day. It is really quite a bit of fun. Man is my leg tired though. That base drum...

http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/drum ... /#features This is the kit she got the electric blue sparkle.

The best part so far is that she has been playing everyday. I need to get her lessons which I will be doing. I am thinking of getting a bass guitar and amp now, just to complete the whole band experience. I should probably get a vocal amp too. I am teaching my niece, who is also 9, electric guitar. Now they can jam together.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Drum kit

Post by sytharnia »

awesome stuff...I got an electric kit a year or so ago and all my kids sit at it and bash away....my 2yr old is pretty damn good at it so I think he will be the one who keeps at it...he actually seem pretty musical (I can play the first appegio's of the mr crowley solo and he says thats mr crowley :mrgreen:
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Ha that is awesome. Right now I have a sore leg from beating the bass drum. In fact that is about the only thing my daughter complains about. We jammed last night and played iron man and I don't know. I mean she only did the basic beat as she has only been playing for 6 days now. But she liked it. She asked to do it again.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You should of bought her a recorder or a flute much quieter then drums...
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You should of bought her a recorder or a flute much quieter then drums...
Ha yeah, I could have done that. She really wanted the drums. So I relented.