Rhoads V

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kt88

Rhoads V

Post by kt88 »

Who currently makes the best Rhoads style "V"?
Press 1 for English, Press 2 for a bus back to your own country...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Jackson make the official RR5. Therefore in theory theres are the best Pinstripe ones. Mr Sandoval still makes the polka dots on special request. Around $6k i think
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

i tell you the rr 5 is really nothing compared to the usa rr1 v's. i have a gmw pdv. i paid 2350 for it. that is a far better guitar than the jackson i owned. Mike riply of jackal guitars builds one heck of a pinstrip replica. i think im going to get one of thosevery shortly. if i can give you any advise. save up for a usa jackson or go with a gmw. if your not looking to spend a tone of money you have 2 options well it is of my opinion that you have 2 options. you can go for a gibson faded v. they are about 629 dollars and are mad in the usa. or you can do the jackson rr3 they cost about 529. and are made in japan. both are great quality.
kt88

Post by kt88 »

I saw one similar made by ranguitars of Poland and they look good; Jeff Water's of Annihilator has a cool video of himself playing his JF model...

Visit Ran to see his video, its pretty entertaining !

http://www.ranguitars.com/annihilator.htm
Press 1 for English, Press 2 for a bus back to your own country...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Dean Vs are very good for the money, about £200-£500 for a cheaper one I believe, then just get someone to paint it or whatever. How much is a pinstripe Jackal? I have a very tight budget at the moment and would love a pinstripe V like Randy's.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

base model for a jackal is 1475 that doesnt included a case. that is a steal of a deal.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

$ or £ are you talking about? I just want to play, not for decorative purposes or anything. How much with a case anyway?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

it was 189 dollars for a flight case like randys. the base 1425 dollars. apparently mike (at jackal) is having a hard time with the case company so i have him looking into g n g cases. fender and gmw use them. they are a great case. it should be about 100 dollars for a g n g case. sorry i forget that more people thatn the usa look at these pages. ill try to keep that in mind when posting
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

kt88 wrote:I saw one similar made by ranguitars of Poland and they look good; Jeff Water's of Annihilator has a cool video of himself playing his JF model...

Visit Ran to see his video, its pretty entertaining !

http://www.ranguitars.com/annihilator.htm
Thats a cool looking guitar! but what do I know I am a drummer :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
JohnELee

Post by JohnELee »

I wanna get the proto type one. The only ones I have found are from eBay.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)