Need some Advice on a Concorde build

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Need some Advice on a Concorde build

Post by randy will never die »

If you want gold poll pieces just order a custom shop pickup it's not gonna cost that much more than a non custom shop pickup

OR you can buy the pickup you want unscrew the poll piece and buy gold poll pieces
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I actually passed on the gold pole pieces by design. Mine are shop floor customs frim Seymour Duncan...had to order that way to forego the logo on the bobbins. Sik, I know what you mean about the parts... I've gone those extra steps to get it right. On the paint, at this point I'm gonna look at some options with the painter today. I'm already far beyond my original budget, so I gotta get creative here.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

camdenlp wrote:I actually passed on the gold pole pieces by design. Mine are shop floor customs frim Seymour Duncan...had to order that way to forego the logo on the bobbins. Sik, I know what you mean about the parts... I've gone those extra steps to get it right. On the paint, at this point I'm gonna look at some options with the painter today. I'm already far beyond my original budget, so I gotta get creative here.

You know you can remove the Seymour Duncan logo with house hold cleaning products and a Q tip

I'll post a vid later I just swam 30 laps in 25 mins and ran on the track for my gym final soo I am feeling a little tired

To be honest I would prefer if people post Questions about stuff like how to remove a logo from a pickup and other stuff

If anybody needs help with anything guitar related just ask
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

You could...OR you could just order the ones you want instead of buying something you'll have to modify
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

I got both pick ups I needed for only about 30 bucks more then the normal.set... The logo came off in two seconds with a towel and acetone....
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

How much is the painter charging u?
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

$200 in materials...
randy will never die
Mass Poster

sik_kreations wrote:Do your pick ups have gold magnets? I spent close to 1k on my concorde tribute in just OG brass hardware... Took me almost 6 months to get the gotoh crown heads.. cost me 200.. 200 in picks with gold magnets.. 150 on bridge.. 120 on brass knobs.. 30 brass toggle.. 150 on handmade brass pick up rings.. 25 on brass input jack....

I'm an automotive painter by trade.. I figured out the blue for the headstock and stripes..... I will give u a hint its not one shot striping enamel.. but the logo is a different story.. a buddy of mine who is a striper/sign painter did the logo "concorde" in the style of the Jackson lettering... Minus the artwork I did and the flush mount covers on back(used for the artwork) mine is probably 98% replica..

I have the blue and will sell 4oz for 100 bucks. After reduction good for atleast 2 guitars.

Please post a pic of your replica concord
Last edited by randy will never die on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

The back plate for the tremolo springs is a brass plate I think randy loved brass for some reason

Here for reference

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt ... p?t=170747

Make the best dam replica my friend :)
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Thanks. Yeah I've got all brass parts. Everything is done except paint. It's all picked out and ready, just needs to be shot. I'm pretty happy with the choices on the paint.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Is it done ?
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

randy will never die wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:Do your pick ups have gold magnets? I spent close to 1k on my concorde tribute in just OG brass hardware... Took me almost 6 months to get the gotoh crown heads.. cost me 200.. 200 in picks with gold magnets.. 150 on bridge.. 120 on brass knobs.. 30 brass toggle.. 150 on handmade brass pick up rings.. 25 on brass input jack....

I'm an automotive painter by trade.. I figured out the blue for the headstock and stripes..... I will give u a hint its not one shot striping enamel.. but the logo is a different story.. a buddy of mine who is a striper/sign painter did the logo "concorde" in the style of the Jackson lettering... Minus the artwork I did and the flush mount covers on back(used for the artwork) mine is probably 98% replica..

I have the blue and will sell 4oz for 100 bucks. After reduction good for atleast 2 guitars.

Please post a pic of your replica concord

What is the paint called

I have heard deep metallic blue flake
Tinted clear coat

What Is the paint you used

Did you use the paint from the head stock for the pinstripes
Uve seen it and posted in my thread..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6646&p=71687#p71687
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Correct me if I am wrong but is the pics on the concord airbrushed on
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If that photo was airbrushed on.. thats a picasso job.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Yes its airbrushed.. spent about 20 hours on each side.