Ace Frehley Budokan LP

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Ace Frehley Budokan LP

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This has got to be the stupidest complaint I've ever heard of on a new guitar.

The guitar has 3 pickups... apparently Ace had the neck an middle pickups disconnected. So the complaint is that on some of these guitars the neck and middle pickups actually work! Oh the horror! The website I linked to gives a 'simple solution' to the 'wiring problem' so the toggle switch can be used as a kill switch.

Apparently people who shelled out for this fine guitar aren't smart enough to simply shut off the volume to the neck pickup.

That said, if I were ever to shell out the big bucks for a guitar, this would be the one I'd want. This is the gutar that originally inspired me to play.

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Ace Frehley Budokan LP

Post by sytharnia »

Paul Wolfe wrote:This has got to be the stupidest complaint I've ever heard of on a new guitar.

The guitar has 3 pickups... apparently Ace had the neck an middle pickups disconnected. So the complaint is that on some of these guitars the neck and middle pickups actually work! Oh the horror! The website I linked to gives a 'simple solution' to the 'wiring problem' so the toggle switch can be used as a kill switch.

Apparently people who shelled out for this fine guitar aren't smart enough to simply shut off the volume to the neck pickup.

That said, if I were ever to shell out the big bucks for a guitar, this would be the one I'd want. This is the gutar that originally inspired me to play.

there is an epiphone version as well
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I really like the vintage looking one with the paint missing the aged pickups but 8000 is too much for me
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

BowTie29 wrote:I really like the vintage looking one with the paint missing the aged pickups but 8000 is too much for me
Oh definitely priced beyond my reach!

One of the thing I like best is the lack of flame or quilted maple on the top. I hate flame maple and only like quilted on certain Strat style bodies.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I hate flames on a burst body but dig them as a uniform top like on mine