RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Post by Stiltzkin »

sytharnia wrote:randys concorde was all maple as we probably all know
i was sure it was alder :shock:
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

THOSE LINKS YOU SENT ARE WHAT THEY USE FOR TOPS NOT SOLID. I HAVE SOME ELECTRA/ WESTONE GUITARS MADE IN JAPAN FROM THE EARLY 80S. ONE OF THE BEST GUITARS AS FAR AS QUALITY GOES THAT YOU CAN PICKUP TODAY STILL RATHER CHEAP. MOST ARE CANADIAN HARD ROCK MAPLE. AND I MEAN SOLID THE WHOLE GUITAR FROM BODY TO NECK. SOME ARE SET NECK OTHERS BOLT ON. BUT THE QUALITY AND PARTS ARE AWESOME. tHERES ALOT INFO ONLINE ABOUT THEM AND YOU CAN SEE WHICH ONES ARE MAPLE. kEEP IN MIND A MAPLE GUITAR IS VERY HEAVY ALSO. NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE INTO THE HEAVY GUITARS ANYMORE ESPECIALLY OLDER FOLKS. THE TONE OF THE MAHOGONY IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THEN MAPLE BUT A LITTLE LIGHTER BUT STILL HAS SOME WEIGHT TO IT. GIBSON USED IT FOR YEARS DID NOT HURT THERE SALES. I TALKED TO WARMOUTH THEY TO TOLD ME A SOLID MAPLE GUITAR WILL BE VERY HEAVY AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE IT INSTOCK RIGHT NOW. IF THEY DID $250 TO $300 FOR BODY BLANK. THERE WEBSITE SAYS DIFFERENT. THERE ARE MANY PLACES TO BUY IT BUT LIKE I SAID WHEN YOU ACUALLY CALL AND SEE THE PRICES IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAKING MANY OF THEM. lOOK AT THE GUY THAT MADE HIS OWN WITH THE COOL GRAPHIC ON IT EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. HE SPEND $2,000 JUST HAVING THE GUITAR MADE UNFINISHED. HE THEN SPENT $1,200 ON HARDWARE AND HAD TO PAINT IT HIMSELF. IF HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PAINT HE WOULD BE LOOKING AT ANOTHER $600 + FOR A DECENT PAINT JOB. SO I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT MY PRICE. I WILL TRY TO BRING IT DOWN BUT AS FAR AS WOOD MAHOGONY IS A GREAT WOOD AND IS NOT A CHEAP WOOD AT ALL ESPECIALLY SOLID BODY. AND IT IS BEING PAINTED OVER SO ALL IN ALL I DON'T THINK I OFFERED SUCH A BAD DEAL AFTER ALL. I KNOW A FEW THINK IT'S TO HIGH BUT THEY DON'T REALIZE WHAT IS INVOLVED HERE IN PRODUCING THESE THING. EVERTHING FROM THE ELECTRIC YOU USE TO PAPER TOWELS IS CALLED COST NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. YES WHEN WE BUILD SOMETHING OURSELFS WE DON'T TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT. WHEN YOU BUY TOOLS OR TOOL PARTS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO MAKING ANYTHING WE DO NOT ADD THAT WHEN DOING OUR OWN AS A PRODJECT AT HOME. BUT IF YOU DID I BELIEVE YOU WILL THEN SEE A COST THAT IS QUITE DIFFERENT. DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR LABOR AND TIME ALSO. TIME IS MONEY SO WHEN YOU SPEND TIME ON SOMETHING EVEN THOUGH YOUR DOING IT FREE WE HAVE TO PAY. SO BEFORE YOU ALL QUARREL THE PRICE THINK ABOUT ALL THAT. I CALLED SOME OTHER PLACES TO SEE PRICING AND THEY WERE UP AT $5,000 AND $6,000 TO MAKE A TRIBUTE GUITAR. IF YOU BOUT MINE AND I AM LOWERING THE PRICE TO $1,750 YOU CAN STILL BUY YOUR OWN PICKUPS AND BRIDGE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MINE AND STILL BE UNDER $2,000. THATS NOT BAD FOR A REPLICA TRIBUTE GUITAR THAT SOLD FOR $12,000. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE BODY CORRECT. i AM WAITING FOR SOME TO SEND ME MEASUREMENTS. IF SOMEONE HAS A REAL ONE AND CAN SEND THEM PLEASE PM ME.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

THOSE LINKS YOU SENT ARE WHAT THEY USE FOR TOPS NOT SOLID. I HAVE SOME ELECTRA/ WESTONE GUITARS MADE IN JAPAN FROM THE EARLY 80S. ONE OF THE BEST GUITARS AS FAR AS QUALITY GOES THAT YOU CAN PICKUP TODAY STILL RATHER CHEAP. MOST ARE CANADIAN HARD ROCK MAPLE. AND I MEAN SOLID THE WHOLE GUITAR FROM BODY TO NECK. SOME ARE SET NECK OTHERS BOLT ON. BUT THE QUALITY AND PARTS ARE AWESOME. tHERES ALOT INFO ONLINE ABOUT THEM AND YOU CAN SEE WHICH ONES ARE MAPLE. kEEP IN MIND A MAPLE GUITAR IS VERY HEAVY ALSO. NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE INTO THE HEAVY GUITARS ANYMORE ESPECIALLY OLDER FOLKS. THE TONE OF THE MAHOGONY IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THEN MAPLE BUT A LITTLE LIGHTER BUT STILL HAS SOME WEIGHT TO IT. GIBSON USED IT FOR YEARS DID NOT HURT THERE SALES. I TALKED TO WARMOUTH THEY TO TOLD ME A SOLID MAPLE GUITAR WILL BE VERY HEAVY AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE IT INSTOCK RIGHT NOW. IF THEY DID $250 TO $300 FOR BODY BLANK. THERE WEBSITE SAYS DIFFERENT. THERE ARE MANY PLACES TO BUY IT BUT LIKE I SAID WHEN YOU ACUALLY CALL AND SEE THE PRICES IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAKING MANY OF THEM. lOOK AT THE GUY THAT MADE HIS OWN WITH THE COOL GRAPHIC ON IT EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. HE SPEND $2,000 JUST HAVING THE GUITAR MADE UNFINISHED. HE THEN SPENT $1,200 ON HARDWARE AND HAD TO PAINT IT HIMSELF. IF HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PAINT HE WOULD BE LOOKING AT ANOTHER $600 + FOR A DECENT PAINT JOB. SO I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT MY PRICE. I WILL TRY TO BRING IT DOWN BUT AS FAR AS WOOD MAHOGONY IS A GREAT WOOD AND IS NOT A CHEAP WOOD AT ALL ESPECIALLY SOLID BODY. AND IT IS BEING PAINTED OVER SO ALL IN ALL I DON'T THINK I OFFERED SUCH A BAD DEAL AFTER ALL. I KNOW A FEW THINK IT'S TO HIGH BUT THEY DON'T REALIZE WHAT IS INVOLVED HERE IN PRODUCING THESE THING. EVERTHING FROM THE ELECTRIC YOU USE TO PAPER TOWELS IS CALLED COST NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. YES WHEN WE BUILD SOMETHING OURSELFS WE DON'T TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT. WHEN YOU BUY TOOLS OR TOOL PARTS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO MAKING ANYTHING WE DO NOT ADD THAT WHEN DOING OUR OWN AS A PRODJECT AT HOME. BUT IF YOU DID I BELIEVE YOU WILL THEN SEE A COST THAT IS QUITE DIFFERENT. DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR LABOR AND TIME ALSO. TIME IS MONEY SO WHEN YOU SPEND TIME ON SOMETHING EVEN THOUGH YOUR DOING IT FREE WE HAVE TO PAY. SO BEFORE YOU ALL QUARREL THE PRICE THINK ABOUT ALL THAT. I CALLED SOME OTHER PLACES TO SEE PRICING AND THEY WERE UP AT $5,000 AND $6,000 TO MAKE A TRIBUTE GUITAR. IF YOU BOUT MINE AND I AM LOWERING THE PRICE TO $1,750 YOU CAN STILL BUY YOUR OWN PICKUPS AND BRIDGE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MINE AND STILL BE UNDER $2,000. THATS NOT BAD FOR A REPLICA TRIBUTE GUITAR THAT SOLD FOR $12,000. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE BODY CORRECT. i AM WAITING FOR SOME TO SEND ME MEASUREMENTS. IF SOMEONE HAS A REAL ONE AND CAN SEND THEM PLEASE PM ME.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Why not just by a Jackson for $1750?

Seriously. Not trying to be a smart ass.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Ya you can go but a jackson for $1,750 or you can buy a gibson form the same price. that has nothing to do with a rr tribute guitar. So I don't understand your point.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

The Jackson has the correct body, they can offer any finish under the sun, at any price point you can imagine.
What is your 'unique selling feature'?

What do you have that a $1750 Jackson doesn't?

My point? You haven't given me a reason to buy your guitar over a Jackson.

You even state you don't have the correct body dimensions. True?

What is the point of a tribute guitar that is rather inaccurate?

In fact, RR and Jackson modified his white 'original' design quite a bit (at RR's request) by the time the 2nd black Jackson arrived, as Rhoads stated it was hard to access the high frets on the original. Would your 'tribute' guitar address this design consideration - once you have the CORRECT body shape?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

shred1 wrote:The Jackson has the correct body, they can offer any finish under the sun, at any price point you can imagine.

They won't do the original design. You cannot custom order the original design. They made the 30th anniversary replicas, and that's all thry're going to do with the original version. At least for now.

Yes, his body is off, but he admits it and he's working to fix it.

May I ask how much the luthier is charging per guitar? I ask because I'm still confused as to how you don't have pro quality, name brand parts on these guitars, yet other people do. By other people, I'm pretty much referring to Jackal Guitars. I haven't read into the specs too much, but I'm sure I've heard that he puts big name parts in his guitars and manages to keep the prices around $2000.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Yes I went to his facebook site and seen pics but I do not know what he uses. But i did see a flyod on all of them so are these new ones or others he made before the tribute came out? Don't forget he making the whole guitar himself but I heard he takes a very long time to complete. Anyways we will work on ours and straighten it out and do what I can. But the bottom line is if i do it the way everywants then I too will not be able to sell for less then $2,000. So nobody wants to spend that so i may not even do it.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

basicswatch wrote:Yes I went to his facebook site and seen pics but I do not know what he uses. But i did see a flyod on all of them so are these new ones or others he made before the tribute came out? Don't forget he making the whole guitar himself but I heard he takes a very long time to complete. Anyways we will work on ours and straighten it out and do what I can. But the bottom line is if i do it the way everywants then I too will not be able to sell for less then $2,000. So nobody wants to spend that so i may not even do it.
Honestly, if you can get good, name brand parts, and get the body and stuff right, I doubt many people will have a problem paying $2000 for a quality product.

But, as it stands right now, people are bothered that it costs $2000 and get off-brand stuff (I don't know the quality, so I won't comment on that, but people like name-brand stuff. Especially when something is that expensive), and the body is off, and the wood isn't even right. (You are working to correct these, so don't take offense here)

Out of curiosity, are you able to sign the headstock with something? It doesn't HAVE to be Jackson, since I understand you can get in a lot of trouble for it, but I know Jackal Guitars signs them as Jackal.

Just something in gold paint, with a similar font.

It would be a good way to get your name out there a little, and it would complete the guitar's look a little better as well. As of right now, the headstock just looks.... Empty.

Just an idea.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

First of all, thanks to all who corrected me on the maple thing... it's still not common, mahogany, alder and ash are the most common body woods (and agathis in the Asian ones).
Cryptic Night wrote:Honestly, if you can get good, name brand parts, and get the body and stuff right, I doubt many people will have a problem paying $2000 for a quality product.
At the risk of attack, I'll say again that anyone paying $2K for a guitar in this economy is crazy. Rampant unemployment and skyrocketing prices on gas and food... people who pay $2K are crazy - help your fellow man if you have so much disposable cash - but people who charge $2K? They are criminal, in my opinion.

We are approaching a revolution on this planet. World War Three is going to be a class war between the rich and the poor, and when the shit hits the fan, it won't matter much what kind of 'tribute' guitar you've got.

Sorry basic, but I'd rather buy this copy, made of basswood and not quite perfect striping, but it's got the spirit, shape and pricetag that are reasonable.

More power to you though, if you can be successful, go for it.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

For the headstock question cryptic I did think of putting a name but I also thought I would leave it black for others to put what they may want like there band name or personal name. you can buy many decals that would stick on and for I bet about $25 you can have someone pray over it with clear. Or do it yourself. Now Paul to assume everyone has extra money to buy a $2,000 guitar , your right they don't. But i have 3 kids a home and bills. The economy is shit and yes we have prioritys. but there are alot of single people out there or couples with no kids and yes they will spend on everything. Just like most younger folks do. We get cheap as we get older because you do not have the desire to have the best anymore. we think more sensable as to yes i can buy this for $300 and spend the rest on something else or save it. But if people did not spend jackson would not be out of guitars that sold for over $12,500 a piece. many people live at home and yes $2,000 is just a couple pay cheack to them. better then $12,000 if you want the guitar. But one thing i learned is going through life being cheap makes no sense. we are here for a short time and the main thing in life is being happy. If your going cheap and never enjoy anything or buy something you want because a price your not enjoying your life to the fullest. I;m not saying buy what ever you want either but we all deserve something nice to enjoy. people with cars spend more then anyone out there for there hobby and they are all happy. And just because someone sends alot on something does not mean they do not help others. I think your prioritys here on people are mixed up. We are the most giving country in the world especially in disaters. i think you have some kind of chip on your shoulders towards people whom may be more off then yourself. Envying these people will only drag you down more. Everyone in this country has an pretty much equal chance to have a nice living if they want to. But most give up or settle for less and then complain. So no offense but i totally disgree with your statement.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

basicswatch wrote:Now Paul to assume everyone has extra money to buy a $2,000 guitar , your right they don't. But i have 3 kids a home and bills. The economy is shit and yes we have prioritys. but there are alot of single people out there or couples with no kids and yes they will spend on everything....
This is true... I have 5 kids and no job, so I'm a bit biased on this. I find it offensive when people blow money rather than help those in need. I help everyone I can even without the means to do it, so, again, I am biased.
basicswatch wrote:i think you have some kind of chip on your shoulders towards people whom may be more off then yourself. Envying these people will only drag you down more. Everyone in this country has an pretty much equal chance to have a nice living if they want to. But most give up or settle for less and then complain. So no offense but i totally disgree with your statement.
A chip? Maybe. However, I do not envy people with more than I have. And I must say that everyone in this country does not[/] have an equal chance 'if they want to'. I am unemployed for the 2nd time in a year through no fault of my own. I apply for 3 or 4 jobs a day and haven't had one call for an interview. I am better of than a lot, however, because i know people who've been unemployed or underemployed for two years or more.

You are correct that the USA is a 'giving country'. Unfortunately the US likes to give to causes that will give them good publicity. If the US spent more time helping their own, we'd be a stronger nation and more able to help others.

Sorry for going off this morning. I am impressed with what you've produced, I really am. I don't know if I could come close to producing such a product (I've never tried), so it's wrong of me to find fault and for that I apologize. You've done well in a field you've chosen to pursue, so I wish you well in this endeavor.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Paul everyone I know can't find work. Many sat back and collected unemployment and went on vacation. Yes you have alot kids 2 more then me and it's a shame because i can't stand hungry kids. And I can tell you we donate more then most and I have not worked for someone in 10 years. I lost my job after an accident and have permanent complications from a head injury. that is why my writing is so bad. but looking at me or talking you would never know it. But I have figured out ways to stay afloat but it involves working constantly. Guitars is not my only thing I repair and collect and sell watches omong other things. So it all adds up. But the worst anyone can do is sit and wait. remember everyone else is in the same boat so theres not much help out there. And i really think a very high few are trying to take down this country not by force but finacialy. We need to get rid of this president and sorry i don't see any hopefuls filling the gild either. Same old bullshit talk from everyone. One thing i learned over the years is the dems take from there only middle class and below. They give back very little to look like they are doing something and blame a bad economy on it all. In the mean time they all get rich. Funny how that works but they trick everyone making it look like they are just like you but infact there not. The reps have the most money and companys and without them this country will go to the dogs. They will open bussines and companys and hire people and they give back. So most think if your poor you should be democratic not at all you should be republican because there the onlyone going to put people back to work. What has Obama Done for this country other then what he wrote on paper. nothing. Now there pushing for him to go another term. Sorry people need to wake up especially the illigeals whom think hes going to help them. He did nothing before it was all show and now there pushing that again so they can get there votes. You have to be smart today because all these politicians cheat and lie and don't care about anyone. They just raised cigerettes in illinios $1. There excuse was it will make 53,000 stop smoking and many kids never start. What bullshit if I ever heard. And this is what I mean by liers. They don't tax liquer that kills everyone all the time even with the laws in place people still drink and drive. No smoker will ever cause as much harm as a drinker. So raise the tax there instead and maybe that one drink that the person can't afford now will save someones life when these people go get in there car. Now i drink but not drive and i don't over due. there should be a limit somewhere fro everything otherwise it effects others. But being we are now way off subject here as it is a guitar forum. I wish you luck for you and your family. You can do like most other people do today buy at flee markets thrift stores and estate sales and sell on ebay. it works and it can put food on the table.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

people... i believe we have a politiics thread for this? ;)
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Cryptic Night wrote:
shred1 wrote:The Jackson has the correct body, they can offer any finish under the sun, at any price point you can imagine.

They won't do the original design. You cannot custom order the original design. They made the 30th anniversary replicas, and that's all thry're going to do with the original version. At least for now.

Yes, his body is off, but he admits it and he's working to fix it.

May I ask how much the luthier is charging per guitar? I ask because I'm still confused as to how you don't have pro quality, name brand parts on these guitars, yet other people do. By other people, I'm pretty much referring to Jackal Guitars. I haven't read into the specs too much, but I'm sure I've heard that he puts big name parts in his guitars and manages to keep the prices around $2000.

He's not making much on these. Plus is his full-time gig making guitars or hobby?