RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shred1
Madman

Re: RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Post by shred1 »

I believe you can get a pretty nice Jackson for under $2000.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

I would also like to clear some other questions up. our parts are not from China they are from Japan and Korea same company the DBZ and others use for there higher line guitars. But keep in mind not all China stuff is bad even guitars. China has been making guitars now for 15 years or . We brought are tehnoloy and no how to them I dont know why? but we did. China is now becomming the old japan. Everything is made there today even the best guitar makers are making parts there. But take a look at the Epiphone les Paul. It blows away the craftmanship of a real Gibson here. I was surprised to see gibson and many of them with terrible seaming and uneven knobs on the shafts also other small defects and they are asking $2,000 + for them. But yet the $1,000 Epiphones were flawless all over. Better gloss and paint.perfect seams and fretboards. Thats a shame but Gibson does not need to make a name anymore as long as the name is there people think quality. Well we lost that here and most likely will loose it all together as no new people are learning the trade. and whoever is making them here now needs to go to epiphone China and learn over again. So my point is don't think China is all bad. When controlled by an american company were they can't cut corners they make decent stuff. but yes if there not controlled then you end up with plywood pperboeard bodys for yes $300. But some companys are not bad and have very good quality. nd i assume in a few years the quality and craftmanship will get even better. Look at Korea now. They make a awesome guitar top quality. but back in the day 20 years ago they were considered junk.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

I would also like to clear some other questions up. our parts are not from China they are from Japan and Korea same company the DBZ and others use for there higher line guitars. But keep in mind not all China stuff is bad even guitars. China has been making guitars now for 15 years or . We brought are tehnoloy and no how to them I dont know why? but we did. China is now becomming the old japan. Everything is made there today even the best guitar makers are making parts there. But take a look at the Epiphone les Paul. It blows away the craftmanship of a real Gibson here. I was surprised to see gibson and many of them with terrible seaming and uneven knobs on the shafts also other small defects and they are asking $2,000 + for them. But yet the $1,000 Epiphones were flawless all over. Better gloss and paint.perfect seams and fretboards. Thats a shame but Gibson does not need to make a name anymore as long as the name is there people think quality. Well we lost that here and most likely will loose it all together as no new people are learning the trade. and whoever is making them here now needs to go to epiphone China and learn over again. So my point is don't think China is all bad. When controlled by an american company were they can't cut corners they make decent stuff. but yes if there not controlled then you end up with plywood pperboeard bodys for yes $300. But some companys are not bad and have very good quality. nd i assume in a few years the quality and craftmanship will get even better. Look at Korea now. They make a awesome guitar top quality. but back in the day 20 years ago they were considered junk.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

yes you can get a nice jackson for under $2,000 you can also get many other guitars that are nice for under $2,000. What does that have to do with the concorde? We are now getting off subject and in to other models. Were talking about the concorde and not every other guitar jackson makes.
Solos

Post by Solos »

Well, $2k is on the upper end of the scale for a new guitar. Because of that, the people interested in buying that guitar are going to want details on what hardware is one there. For that price, people expect real Duncans/Dimarzios/EMG etc... pickups. Schaller, Gotoh, Planet Waves, etc... bridge and tuners, not some overseas made knockoffs made of inferior materials. Even if they are made "in house" as you say, since you are not divulging your contacts allowing people to do their own research, how are you going to prove the hardware and pickups are NOT inferior?

As for the Epiphone/Gibson analogy, nice try. I don't know what new Gibsons you are playing but a Made in USA Les Paul Standard is light years ahead of a Korean/Chinese (wherever they are made now) Epiphone Les Paul in terms of quality. This is typical guitar message board/internet BS propogated by guys who have never owned a real Les Paul and are trying to feel better about themselves. Anyone with half a brain can tell the difference. Not that the Epi's are bad, they are just not as nice, and the price point reflects that.

Hey good luck selling those guitars. I wish you the best. Just remember that not all people are as dumb as you seem to think they are.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Sorry, this guitar doesn't even look like the 'original' Concorde it is trying to emulate.
Regardless of build quality.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Look guys I am not going to get into a headed discussion here over peoples opinions. Gibson USA is not light years ahead of nobody. The new guitars are junk and spun out like cattle. I personally own 56 guitars from vintage to new so your not talking to a kid here. I own Les Pauls. You seem to write like your very knowlegeable about everything but infact like everyone else unless your in this bussines you are the one being fooled by the big wigs. It's called marketing. Goto makes the exact tuners we have from the same company you honestly think there different?. Don't impose we are using cheap aftermarket hardware when infact were not. When you can build a guitar and sell it then you can talk Shop like you know it all. You implied i am making it in china ok I posted pics to prove they are not have you mentioned that, no you did not because i proved you wrong. So do i have to keep doing that?. I will not because one thing i learned in life and sales and products is that the biggest complainers don't buy and they never will. And if for some odd reason they do they are the biggest headaches around. I answered your questions because you asked. But know you have an attitude that i for some reason need to ok this guitar and it's parts through you before it gets it's golden seal. Sorry thats not happening. When these are sold the buyer will have plenty to say and i don't think it will be bad. And to the other guy that says it does not even look like a concorde you to assume are friends so for both of you if you don't like it don't buy it and make your own to what you think it should be which we know will never happen. This is the last conversation i will have with you over this.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

basicswatch wrote:yes you can get a nice jackson for under $2,000 you can also get many other guitars that are nice for under $2,000. What does that have to do with the concorde? We are now getting off subject and in to other models. Were talking about the concorde and not every other guitar jackson makes.

I'd say no offense but I already know you're going to be offended, and that's ok.

I see you using a lot of diversionary tactics about Korea vs China, Gibson vs Epiphone, and name brand vs house parts- but is it really that much to ask for a prospective buyer to know specifics about your product? Saying that it's 10k+ less than the "official" relic doesn't speak well for the guitar- and getting defensive only raises more red flags.

I wish you the best with sales, I sincerely hope that your customers are overjoyed with your Concorde.

Unfortunately, some view RR fans as bottomless wallets- that we will buy anything related to him without question. That's sort of the vibe I'm getting right now though :( That sucks.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Well I am sorry you fell that way but that is not the case here. I am not feeding off RR fans and never did. I find that very rude to say something like that. Many on this forum forget before I made the polkadot guitar at a price many can afford there were none unless you spent $3,000 and up. I could have sold it for $1,500 and yes all would have bought it still. But i did not. I make so little off them guitars nobody here would even do it. But my point of making it was because i had the means and the people to do it at a affordable price for many. It's jackson and the others whom are charging $12,000 for a guitar that cost them under a thousand to make but you say I am the one trying to ripp you off. Dude do your homework. I was asked by so many people hey are you going to make the concorde? Please make one. So many people asked I figured I would do it. But twice I stopped because of pricing. Honestly I wanted this guitar to be in a $1,200 range. I wanted it made in usa also. Well I got one out of the 2. Price was not it. Making things here just cost alot more because labor is alot more and product is alot more. If I move it to canada I save $300 but have to do complete reset up and make demos again. not doing that. I wanted here in the states. If people are willing to pay more then yes we could put brand name pickups and tuners and everything else on the guitar. To do that is not to much more expensive. But many expect it at this price. I agree. But you also must remember we are not Gibson or Jackson or fender we are a few people making a guitar that is affordable to buy. We can't buy parts at there price they buy.No one in there right mind would spend $12,000 on a guitar when they work and have familys and bills. hell you can buy a real nice used car for that price or less. The hardware on this guitar is fine quality. If someone wants name brand guide me to were it is cheap and we will try to put it on without changeing the price. The main hardware would be pickups bridge and tuners. But the main cost of the guitar is making it. Yes its easy to make a guitar and paint it. but when you start getting into copying a guitar with stripes or polkadot this is a whole new ball game. We don't have big machines making this stuff it is good old use your hands method. So this is the cheapest we could make this and until you make a guitar not just one but get set up for many then you will understand the man hours involved. Well we get paid good money in America but we are spoiled with china pricing and everyone thinks it's cheap to make anything. Well it's not unless you want the cheapest outcome possible. So before you all complain here remember it may not be perfect but it is awesome quality and well worth the price.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

No, I didn't say that you in specific were feeding off RR fans, I apologize if you took it that way (I should have proofread and said it better) I don't understand why you're so defensive at times here, that's all. I know that it has to be difficult to compete with a foreign market's cost in making a quality instrument- but you could show photos of the build itself and things like that to add credibility, instead of getting defensive with questions.

And for the record, I have been involved in the build of a one off guitar- and she was a beauty- but you are right, I have no idea about running a business building multiple guitars.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

basicswatch wrote:keep in mind the guitar must have small differences to sell otherwise jackson will come down on us.
No offense intended, but you came here saying you'd be making exact copies that would be perfect. If you have to change it a little to avoid Fender (there is no Jackson anymore) from suing you, then say you are building a guitar like Randy's and avoid the terms exact and perfect.
basicswatch wrote:Hell even Jackson sold there other models with black stripes for thousands of dollars and they were completely wrong color. Also there body was not correct.

Which guitar are you talking about? They made an exact replica and sold it for $12K. They also made their RR line and striped some without ever claiming them to be a copy of Randy's white V.
basicswatch wrote:But guess what no one in china is going to be able to paint these stripes the right color and use quality paint.
Sorry, but the Epiphones we buy every day in the US come from China. They are great quality and they are painted using quality paint. You even discuss their quality yourself.

Ultimately, I wouldn't buy one of your guitars simply based on your posts here at UR. Your spelling is atrocious. If you want to represent a company, spell-check your words and then make sure your sentences are grammatically correct.

Also, we have pictures all over this site of guitar builds in progress. Even the big boys post videos of their construction process. Unless you have reason to hide something - like a plywood body - why be offended when someone requests pictures of the build?

Your guitars would be good at $400. Anything more and I'd expect a more perfect match of the body, which is the easiest part to match. All you do is get a head on photo, blow it up to actual size and use it as a template.

I appreciate the work you put into your guitars, but I don't appreciate the way you present yourself here.
Solos

Post by Solos »

There is no reason why those guitars can't have name brand USA made hardware on them at that price point. $2k is alot of money for a guitar. At that price, you are in Jackson USA territory... even closing in on boutique builders like Suhr and Anderson.

Why is the only "in progress" picture a headstock refinish? Hmmm... Trying to cover something? also, why is there a black plastic trem cover behind the guitar in that one pic? Did you just replace it with a brass one?

These are legitimate questions... If you are selling a guitar for that much scratch you need to back it up with a resume... maybe pic of other builds, pics of the raw build process, and state exactly what hardware and pickups are in there. Another thing I would like to see... Take off the diamond shaped cavity cover on the back of the Concorde guitar and take a pic of that area. I would like to see the control cavity.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

I'll sell u my Concorde pattern for 5k :shock:
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Solos wrote:There is no reason why those guitars can't have name brand USA made hardware on them at that price point. $2k is alot of money for a guitar. At that price, you are in Jackson USA territory... even closing in on boutique builders like Suhr and Anderson.

Why is the only "in progress" picture a headstock refinish? Hmmm... Trying to cover something? also, why is there a black plastic trem cover behind the guitar in that one pic? Did you just replace it with a brass one?

These are legitimate questions... If you are selling a guitar for that much scratch you need to back it up with a resume... maybe pic of other builds, pics of the raw build process, and state exactly what hardware and pickups are in there. Another thing I would like to see... Take off the diamond shaped cavity cover on the back of the Concorde guitar and take a pic of that area. I would like to see the control cavity.

2k for a custom is cheap. My tribute hardware was 1200, but it's EXACT.... My builder will do the guitar along with me painting the body with the right stripes and color for around 2k.. Customer pays for the hardware THEY want on top :)
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

LISTEN SOLO YOU ARE THE ONLY -SS ON THIS SITE STILL ACCUSING ME OF MAKING THE GUITAR IN CHINA. LOOK THE HEADSTOCK WAS PAINTED IT'S MET BLUE HOW ELSE WOOD WE DO THAT. IT WAS NOT PAINTED TO COVER ANYTHING UP. THE PICS WERE TAKEN TO SHOW SOMEONE ELSE HOW IT LOOKED. MAKE SENSE NOW! OR DO I HAVE TO POST MY ORIGINAL TEXT WITH THE PIC TO THAT PERSON? SECOND THE STRIPES ON THE BODY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE HEADSTOCK.SO WHY WOULD I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO STRIPES WITHOUT DOING THE HEADSTOCK. THE BLACK PLATE YOU SEE MR. DETECTIVE SOLO WAS USED TO MAKE THE SQUARE SWITCH PLATE UNDER THE 3 WAY SWITCH. I'M SORRY BUT WE DID NOT WANT TO WAIT UNTIL OUR SHEET OF THE STUFF CAME IN. IS THAT OK MR. DETECTIVE SOLO. HERE IS THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE A GUY HERE TAKING AND MAKING ACCUZATIONS ABOUT EVERYTHING AND IS COMPLETELY WRONG. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY THERE IS A BLACK CAVITY COVER SITTING THERE. THE PLACE IS A GUITAR CUSTOM SHOP EDIOT THERE ARE MANY BLACK CAVITY COVERS FLOATING AROUND THERE. YOU ASK WHY I AM DEFENSIVE? iT'S NOT BECAUSE I AM HIDING ANYTHING IT IS BECAUSE YOU ALL SIT HERE AND TALK AND COMPLAINE BUT YET I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE HERE MAKE AN EFFORT TO DO WHAT I HAVE. TALK IS CHEAP I LEARNED THAT ALONG TIME AGO. AND THE BIGGEST TALKERS WHOM THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ARE THE BIGGEST DUMMYS. THIS SHOULD NOT OFFEND ANYONE UNLESS THE SHOE FITS. INSTEAD OF GIVING GOOD ADVICE AND SUGGESTING CHANGES TO MAKE IT BETTER SOME OF YOU HAVE RIPPED IT APART LIKE IT WAS FROM MARS. IT'S NOT THAT OFF AT ALL AND AS FAR AS HARDWARE GOES I CAN PUT THE BETTER HARDWARE ON IT AND PLANNED TO DO THAT EVENTUALLY WHEN THINGS KICKED IN. BUT FOR NOW THIS IS HOW THE FIRST ONE LOOKS AND THE SECOND ONE WILL ALREADY HAVE CHANGES IN IT. BUT NOW I MAY SCRATCH THE WHOLE DEAL AND DO NONE. I'M NOT GOING TO GET AGGRAVATED BY ALL OF THIS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE HERE POST A PICTURE OF WHAT THEY MADE BECAUSE I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING. AND I DON'T MEAN A POLKADOT AND I DON'T MEAN SOMEONE THAT MADE IT FOR YOU. MOST OF ALL LETS SEE FROM THE BIG TALKERS HERE THAT KNOW IT ALL LIKE MR. DETECTIVE SOLO WHAT HE MADE LATELY. IT'S REALLY EASY TO TALK -HIT WHEN YOU PERSONALLY CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING. FOR THE GUY WONDERING ABOUT MY SPELLING YES I SHOULD DO SPELL CHECK. I OPOLIGIZE FOR THE GRAMMER AN AUTO ACCIDENT HAS DONE THIS TO ME 8 YEARS AGO. SO YES MY MEMORY IS SCREWED ALONG WITH MY SPELLING WHEN I AM RUSHING WHICH IS ALWAYS.