RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sik_kreations
Cool Member

Re: RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Post by sik_kreations »

basicswatch wrote:LISTEN SOLO YOU ARE THE ONLY -SS ON THIS SITE STILL ACCUSING ME OF MAKING THE GUITAR IN CHINA. LOOK THE HEADSTOCK WAS PAINTED IT'S MET BLUE HOW ELSE WOOD WE DO THAT. IT WAS NOT PAINTED TO COVER ANYTHING UP. THE PICS WERE TAKEN TO SHOW SOMEONE ELSE HOW IT LOOKED. MAKE SENSE NOW! OR DO I HAVE TO POST MY ORIGINAL TEXT WITH THE PIC TO THAT PERSON? SECOND THE STRIPES ON THE BODY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE HEADSTOCK.SO WHY WOULD I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO STRIPES WITHOUT DOING THE HEADSTOCK. THE BLACK PLATE YOU SEE MR. DETECTIVE SOLO WAS USED TO MAKE THE SQUARE SWITCH PLATE UNDER THE 3 WAY SWITCH. I'M SORRY BUT WE DID NOT WANT TO WAIT UNTIL OUR SHEET OF THE STUFF CAME IN. IS THAT OK MR. DETECTIVE SOLO. HERE IS THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE A GUY HERE TAKING AND MAKING ACCUSATIONS ABOUT EVERYTHING AND IS COMPLETELY WRONG. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY THERE IS A BLACK CAVITY COVER SITTING THERE. THE PLACE IS A GUITAR CUSTOM SHOP EDIOT THERE ARE MANY BLACK CAVITY COVERS FLOATING AROUND THERE. YOU ASK WHY I AM DEFENSIVE? iT'S NOT BECAUSE I AM HIDING ANYTHING IT IS BECAUSE YOU ALL SIT HERE AND TALK AND COMPLAINE BUT YET I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE HERE MAKE AN EFFORT TO DO WHAT I HAVE. TALK IS CHEAP I LEARNED THAT ALONG TIME AGO. AND THE BIGGEST TALKERS WHOM THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ARE THE BIGGEST DUMMYS. THIS SHOULD NOT OFFEND ANYONE UNLESS THE SHOE FITS. INSTEAD OF GIVING GOOD ADVICE AND SUGGESTING CHANGES TO MAKE IT BETTER SOME OF YOU HAVE RIPPED IT APART LIKE IT WAS FROM MARS. IT'S NOT THAT OFF AT ALL AND AS FAR AS HARDWARE GOES I CAN PUT THE BETTER HARDWARE ON IT AND PLANNED TO DO THAT EVENTUALLY WHEN THINGS KICKED IN. BUT FOR NOW THIS IS HOW THE FIRST ONE LOOKS AND THE SECOND ONE WILL ALREADY HAVE CHANGES IN IT. BUT NOW I MAY SCRATCH THE WHOLE DEAL AND DO NONE. I'M NOT GOING TO GET AGGRAVATED BY ALL OF THIS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE HERE POST A PICTURE OF WHAT THEY MADE BECAUSE I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING. AND I DON'T MEAN A POLKADOT AND I DON'T MEAN SOMEONE THAT MADE IT FOR YOU. MOST OF ALL LETS SEE FROM THE BIG TALKERS HERE THAT KNOW IT ALL LIKE MR. DETECTIVE SOLO WHAT HE MADE LATELY. IT'S REALLY EASY TO TALK -HIT WHEN YOU PERSONALLY CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING. FOR THE GUY WONDERING ABOUT MY SPELLING YES I SHOULD DO SPELL CHECK. I OPOLIGIZE FOR THE GRAMMER AN AUTO ACCIDENT HAS DONE THIS TO ME 8 YEARS AGO. SO YES MY MEMORY IS SCREWED ALONG WITH MY SPELLING WHEN I AM RUSHING WHICH IS ALWAYS.

Here's mine.... I handled all paint including airbrushing and came up with the pattern that my friend built....

original build thread....
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5150

Finished for march 19 memorial..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6646

FYI.. Randys had a brass trem cover and black plastic cavity cover on backside... I chose flush mount on mine the artwork for aesthetics only...
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

You guys are all coming down on him a little hard, in my opinion.

Has anyone here bought his Polka Dot V's? I would assume the build quality would at least be similar.

One thing I am curious about is, you originally said that the guitars would cost around $2,000 because you were going to put maple wood in the bodies, yet it says on Ebay that you switched it to mahogany.
KEEP IN MIND THIS GUITAR IS ALL MAYPLE WOOD EXCEPT FOR THE EBONY FRETBOARD, SO IT WILL NOT BE AS CHEAP AS THE POLKADOT. WE ARE ALSO PRODUCING THIS GUITAR IN THE USA BY A VERY WELL KNOWN CRAFTED LUTHIER, SO IT IS GOING TO BE KICK ASS QUALITY LIKE THE REAL TIBUTE MODEL BUT WITHOUT THE $12,000 PRICE TAG. OURS IS GOING TO SELL FOR $2,000.
So, may I inquire as to why the price is the same, if the wood is different?

With that said, I would honestly consider buying this if I had the money. You don't find many people making Concorde copies out there. Hell, excluding the actual various Jackson models out there, the only people selling copies are cheap Chinese knockoffs and the VERY expensive custom guitar builders. It's a real shame the price is so high, but oh well.

Which guitar are you talking about? They made an exact replica and sold it for $12K. They also made their RR line and striped some without ever claiming them to be a copy of Randy's white V.

I believe he's referring to the '92 LTD models, and the 25th Anniversary models. They had incorrect paintjobs and bodies, but were marketed as replicas or something.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

I think the 92 ltd and 25th were supposed to be replicas...just without original or pattern to copy.
illiterate bastard

Post by illiterate bastard »

sik_kreations wrote:I think the 92 ltd and 25th were supposed to be replicas...just without original or pattern to copy.
Can't forget the VERY limited run of "short wing" V's that Mike Shannon made too. :wink:
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

illiterate bastard wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:I think the 92 ltd and 25th were supposed to be replicas...just without original or pattern to copy.
Can't forget the VERY limited run of "short wing" V's that Mike Shannon made too. :wink:
When?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

illiterate bastard wrote:
I don't recall these lol
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
illiterate bastard

Post by illiterate bastard »

See post six by Sully on this old thread from the JCF (Jackson/Charvel Forum).

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/2642-R ... 14484c3a34

A bit of history on them there. Aside from being a Randy nut, I was also very into Jackson/Charvel but then again I guess they kind of go hand in hand. Oddly enough, I've never owned a RR. Not really into pointy bodied guitars.

A buddy of mine owned LTD #3 w/vintage trem though.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

If you want a GREAT guitar built as close a possible to RR's contact Mike Ripley at Jackal guitars-there will be no bullshit and you get a HANDMADE guitar built to your specs. I use them and so does Kevin Kyle and Cort and Des over at TK-you will never hear anything negative about Jackal guitars,no need to defend their guitars because there is nothing to hide-Handbuilt in Minnesota shipped worldwide 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

basicswatch wrote:FOR THE GUY WONDERING ABOUT MY SPELLING YES I SHOULD DO SPELL CHECK. I OPOLIGIZE FOR THE GRAMMER AN AUTO ACCIDENT HAS DONE THIS TO ME 8 YEARS AGO. SO YES MY MEMORY IS SCREWED ALONG WITH MY SPELLING WHEN I AM RUSHING WHICH IS ALWAYS.

Hey, you built a decent guitar. The thing that got to me is that if you want to do business you should be as upfront and professional as possible. When questions were raised here, you took the defensive rather than simply discussing and explaining.

I was the one who brought up the spelling and grammar, not to be a dick, but to point out that you need to pay attention to professionalism. Don't know what an auto accident has to do with your spelling, but that's not the issue.

I agree that if you claimed one thing originally, like an all maple body, and then changed the specs, the price should reflect that.

Ultimately, I wouldn't buy one because I don't like these guitars. It just seems like an awful lot of money for a toy considering the economy. I wish you luck, sir, hopefully you'll sell enough to recoup your expenses.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I just don't understand why someone who is selling a product would be so defensive, indirect and draw comparisons of other makes and models- which had nothing to do with the questions at hand. If I were selling a product, I would want to be as patient, articulate, and accommodating for potential buyers as possible while remembering that the customers "are always right" even if they're wrong. Being defensive and accusatory while calling people idiots and bitching about non-related stuff won't sell those guitars, but showing pics of the build and working with the buyer to upgrade components probably would.

I know that owning and running a business is hard- especially when it's a highly competitive market, trying to keep the costs down and the quality high- can be a royal pain the in ass. I hope that this is a successful endeavor for basicswatch- but I don't think that his demeanor here helped his plight at all.

Some potential buyers asked some legitimate questions and were treated less than admirably. I am not saying that he should kiss anyone's ass, but damn- does he have to be so condescending? Why should anyone take the word of someone they've never met, on the internet- that a skilled luthier handcrafted the guitar and the parts were built by highly reputable businesses? I certainly wouldn't. Especially for a couple grand- it's like taking the word from someone exclusively that a used car runs- no car fax, no service records, no pictures, etc- I think that basics is taking this way too personally, and if he would consider how he would feel if he was the customer, he'd see things differently.

I really do hope that this is successful for him, I just wanted to add my .02 and opinion, which may be worth even less:)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

i am having a hand built polka a dot v being built right now have custom rr logo in mother of pearl on first fret and builder builds them all by hand no machines check out his facebook and their are alot of pix of the guitar being built from start to almost finished have about 3 weeks left til its done cant wait( VonLinsowe Custom Guitars) http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VonLin ... 6203088620 total cost almost 2000
Attachments
559516_373238622711376_1690106413_n.jpg
292118_388578041177434_1002012446_n.jpg
318176_342815269087045_603144013_n.jpg
154535_377676192267619_1513331393_n.jpg
577603_377676528934252_1474382533_n.jpg
148728_377676845600887_1081744634_n.jpg
599482_386195694749002_1514654174_n.jpg
426360_335798076455431_540433250_n.jpg
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

That is a weird way of painting a neck through... Dood needs to hang it..
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

sik_kreations wrote:That is a weird way of painting a neck through... Dood needs to hang it..
that's how I paint all my builds. I find it just as easy that way as hanging. I do usually hang for clearcoat though
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRFan4Ever wrote:Why should anyone take the word of someone they've never met, on the internet- that a skilled luthier handcrafted the guitar and the parts were built by highly reputable businesses? I certainly wouldn't. Especially for a couple grand-
An intelligent buyer will ask questions and a legitimate seller will answer all the questions.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I will only state that I reject that Ephiphones being built today are better than the Gibsons being built today.
Are some of the gibsons today a joke? Yeah. But they still manage to make a great instrument. I was just as GC yesterday playing the new Les Paul Classics. I gotta say for 1899.99 they are a great buy and they played great and sounded great. I could not find anything wrong with them.

BTW I have worked in the music industry and am really familiar with lots of brands and lots of models.

Some of what is said is true about the finish of Epi's. Only because they don't use nitro.

I think the saddest part here is that the seller of these replica guitars has gotten quite a bit defensive here about some legitimate questions. Unfortunately that is really bad for business. I hope you sell them but dude, remember it is the piece, the price, or the person why some one doesn't buy and right now it is the person.