Who uses a stomp box anyway?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

What do you use? Tick as many as applicable to normal setup!

I don't use an OD/ Distortion pedal
8%
I use an OD/Distortion pedal
14%
I have a transistor amp
5%
I have a valve/tube amp
19%
I run into the clean channel of my amp
No votes
I run into the dirty channel of my amp
16%
The pedal I have is always turned on
5%
I use my pedal for a solo boost
5%
I use my pedal to achieve gain levels beyond the amps capability
11%
I frequently roll the volume on my axe to control tone
16%

Total votes: 37

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: Who uses a stomp box anyway?

Post by dannyahansen »

rice_pudding wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:I currently use a Carvin Legacay and a modded SD-1. I really just like the edgy tone you get with a super overdrive. I can't quite get that sound with just an amp by it's self. I mean, some amps sound really good by their self. But most of those are just too much money and even if I had one I would still use the SD-1. One day I will get a few SLO 100s. And rest assure I will be using an SD-1 with those heads.

So yeah I am a pedal guy. One of the funnest recent pedals was my whammy pedal.
SLO 100s? You mean Soldano's right? They're good, seems strange that they don't adorn the backline of more players.

An SD-1 is a sexy pedal for sure, I borrowed one for band session years ago so I know what you mean about the edgy tone 8) You can get real punchy tone with volume/tone rolled up, but It's true amps don't really get that kind of tone nor the same sustain imo (though i've played some very edgy transistor amps :twisted: )

A modded SD-1 is on my list of pedals I'd like in my collection one day, a real classic as far as I'm concerned.

thanks for the feedback, starting to get some real interesting results :)

Rob
Yeah, I am talking about the Soldano amps. Wanted one for years. They are just pricy. \

Check out the Keeley modded SD-1. That is what I have and I love it. I think I paid 135 for it but I cant remember.