Has Anyone Heard Of Exit98 Guitars?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Has Anyone Heard Of Exit98 Guitars?

Post by Cryptic Night »

I'm getting a PDV from the guy who owns the company and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this company before.

The PDV itself cost $375 (With shipping, $350 without).

The company has a Facebook page, but it doesn't say much. There are the occasional people on the Facebook page that speak highly of it, but I've really never heard of this brand before.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
moonchild77

Re: Has Anyone Heard Of Exit98 Guitars?

Post by moonchild77 »

They have a PDV up on Ebay now. It looks identical to the one I have that I just bought from another seller. You can see it and others here. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4981
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I'm already getting one. I should have it around the 12th, I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried one. :)
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

You know I was thinking about one of those. They sold two that were slight finish blims. I was comparing the Exit98 with the zoesandra I swear the polks dots looked to be in the exact same place. I was wondering if the Exit98 guy bought them from him or if the Exit98 guy is the maker for zoesandra. Weird both he and zoesandra had some blims for sale recently that were both just finish minor blims.

Let us know how it turns out and plays please.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Will do.

I'm not sure about the Zoesandra ones, but the Exit98 ones seem decent enough, and for $350 it isn't too expensive.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I'm supposed to be getting my guitar today.... The anticipation is killing me though. =/
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I got my guitar on Tuesday around 4:00PM PT.

The guitar itself is great, though I changed a few things on it (Strings, action, I adjusted the truss rod a little). Besides that, I think it's a great guitar.

There was a chip on the very tip of the headstock which is a little annoying, but that can be fixed up. It has some problems staying in tune if you dive on the tremolo bar (But, most standard trems do, I think). The pickups are pretty good on it, but the wiring isn't THAT great, in my opinion. It all works, but I don't believe it's grounded (?). If you aren't touching one of the metal parts on the guitar, it creates a "noise". I'm not sure if high end guitars are like that, but my POS strat is like that.

Like I said earlier, I changed the action on it. I had to raise it because the strings were buzzing a lot (They also originally had 9's on them, which I changed to 10's. I also play in D Standard for that guitar, so that may have attributed to the buzzing). The action was a bit hard to get used to, but I've grown to like it. I'll probably also raise the action on my LP copy to cut down on some if its buzzing too.

The finish is very smooth on it, the dots are fine. I did notice that the bowtie inlays are smaller than Randy's, but for $350 (Less than what Randy paid for his!) I can't complain about that.

Also, as I said earlier, I don't think the wiring is the greatest. I turned the volume on the neck pickup all the way down, but I could still hear me playing through it if I had the neck pickup's tone up. The input jack on it isn't very secure too. (It's also on the bottom horn, if that's a problem for anyone. Oh, and it's also an LP style input, not a strat style input) The cable can pop out of the guitar if stepped on (Unless you run it through your strap, like I do).

There are also some VERY small imperfections here and there in the paint job (Little white spots that may have shown through or something, hardly noticeable though)

In my opinion, it's definitely worth the money. $350 for a PDV that is pretty decent is a good deal. I eventually plan on changing out the tremolo bridge, the nut, and the tuners, but those (Save, the nut) are for cosmetic purposes. (He put chrome on them, I'd prefer to have black, like Randy's had during the DOAM tour)

If you have any questions about it, let me know and I'll try to help you out.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Thanks for the report! I believe he is selling quite a few of these.