Boss Roland Space Echo RE-20

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Boss Roland Space Echo RE-20

Post by Cryptic Night »

I've been toying with the idea of getting this for a while, mainly because Randy used the original and this is supposed to be pretty close to it (Without all the maintenance) but I've already got an analog echo and a reverb pedal.

My analog echo is the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, and my echo is the EH Holy Grail reverb. They both suit me fine, though I rarely use my analog delay. I like my analog delay, I just don't have a good cable for it. (When I use the spare cable I currently have, it creates unwanted noise and a "click" sound when I turn it on)

I'm not too sure if I want to spend the $250 on it because that's a lot of money to pay for something I've basically already got :wink: but at the same time, I really want it because I like all the customization that comes with it (No, I'm not a fan of digital delay pedals, I'd make an exception for this because I've heard good things about it) and then there's also the fact that Randy used it (Well, he used the original, but you get my point)

So, I guess my question is, does anybody here recommend it? I'm not interested in getting another analog delay, mine works pretty good (Though, I think there is something wrong with it because the "modulation" feature on it doesn't seem to work) and I really don't want some digital delay because I'm not a fan of those :P
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Boss Roland Space Echo RE-20

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Never heard the new version of the RE-20 space echo.
But I had the real thing for a while. (the same Randy had) I liked it, lots of possibilities. But it was a little too noisy in front of my plexi's and too much hassle to carry such a big box with me all the time. I bought an Maxon AD999 and still very happy with it. I think with the pedals you already have like MXR carbon delay and the EH reverb you are there!
You may want to check out the EH Cathedral with some added (very useful) functions the HG doesn't have, wonderful box! (imo)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I've decided not to get it (For now at least) and go with a Polka Dot V I found for $350. I don't expect GMW quality, but it'll be nice to have in the meantime. (And, if it does suck or something, it'll still be a nice decoration)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Ive got one and its pretty sweet
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com