Randy Rhoads 25th anniversery Jackson

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Slay3r

Randy Rhoads 25th anniversery Jackson

Post by Slay3r »

Man I want to get one of those I think they are selling 1 of 25 that have been made I want one so bad
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"Paying Tribute" is something I can get behind. Charging an arm and a leg for a limited edition axe I can't get behind.

If they really want to pay tribute, they'd make a quality reproduction of that guitar, produce 500 of them and sell them for under $1000 so Randy's fans could afford one if they choose.

As it is, only "collectors" can get one of those. Guiars should be played, not "collected" as an "investment" in my humble opinion.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:"Paying Tribute" is something I can get behind. Charging an arm and a leg for a limited edition axe I can't get behind.

If they really want to pay tribute, they'd make a quality reproduction of that guitar, produce 500 of them and sell them for under $1000 so Randy's fans could afford one if they choose.

As it is, only "collectors" can get one of those. Guiars should be played, not "collected" as an "investment" in my humble opinion.
There are other companies that make them for more reasonable prices I think. There are the Rally Rhoads guitars from Rhodes music (not Rhoads :( ) in Denmark street that make a white Rhoads v for very little money, it's not too accurate but I suppose it's the best they can do if it's going to be as cheap as it is. I've heard of a company called Jackal or something like that as well, but I have no idea of the quality of them or the price or anything. Can you get them made by Jackson's custom shop for a more reasonable price?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Jackal is a RR.TK member who makes the copies of that Jackson...

My point being that for a company the size of Fender (who owns Jackson), making a reasonably priced guitar wouldn't cost them much. The cost of Fenders, Jacksons and Gibsons is inflated only because they are considering these instruments "collectors" items and "investments". They are selling to the wealthy and the 50 year olds who are trying to relive their youth by buying a guitar they wanted as a kid.

Anything more than $1000 for ANY guitar is ridiculous in my opinion.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Fenders aren't too expensive are they? :?

Aren't they mostly either £400 or £700? To me this is a lot more reasonable than Gibson which are rarely under £800.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Depends on which Fender you are looking at. The ones made in Mexico are cheaper than the ones made in the USA... even though the USA plant has a lot of Mexican employees... :evil:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well i'd probably end up getting a Mexican since they are around £400, but I played a few of each today and I couldn't see any real difference. This may be just me but they were very similar.

They can't really say to them "no you can't work here because you're Mexican, go work in our Mexican plant". What makes the American workers better anyway? Are they trained better?
Last edited by Ell on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No, that was my underhanded attempt to make a comment on the illeagal immigrant issues we are having here in the States. We have millions of illegal immigrants who are taking the jobs and benefits that the American citizens deserve.

The Mexican strats are every bit as good as the USA strats, the USA one cost more because of the "Made in the USA" label as far as I can tell. I've owned both and liked them equally.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Oh right, I get it now, thanks. Well I guess I'd definately go for the Mexican strat if i'm gunna get one then, lets me save a few hundred pounds to spend on some effects pedals i've been looking at.
Last edited by Ell on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

You know ... the same could be said about Gibson vs. Epiphone ;)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:You know ... the same could be said about Gibson vs. Epiphone ;)
True... Epi is supposed to be the inexpensive version of Gibson just as Squier is supposed to be the inexpensive version of Fender.

Gibson is actually even worse than Fender in the respect that they are jacking the prices of Epiphone out of reach now...
rrfan313

Post by rrfan313 »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:You know ... the same could be said about Gibson vs. Epiphone ;)
True... Epi is supposed to be the inexpensive version of Gibson just as Squier is supposed to be the inexpensive version of Fender.

Gibson is actually even worse than Fender in the respect that they are jacking the prices of Epiphone out of reach now...

i agree epiphones are getting to overpriced its $800 for a zakk wylde les paul and it doesnt even have the real emg set and it sound shitty without the real set and the set is so expensive too 200 for 2 pickups comeone please and we still gotaa pay to replace the batteries for them
TONY
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

RockyRhoads wrote:Jackal is a RR.TK member who makes the copies of that Jackson...

My point being that for a company the size of Fender (who owns Jackson), making a reasonably priced guitar wouldn't cost them much. The cost of Fenders, Jacksons and Gibsons is inflated only because they are considering these instruments "collectors" items and "investments". They are selling to the wealthy and the 50 year olds who are trying to relive their youth by buying a guitar they wanted as a kid.

Anything more than $1000 for ANY guitar is ridiculous in my opinion.
hey, wait a minute...now that i'm fifty and i can finally afford my dream guitar.......
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

RockyRhoads wrote:Depends on which Fender you are looking at. The ones made in Mexico are cheaper than the ones made in the USA... even though the USA plant has a lot of Mexican employees... :evil:
hey, wait a minute....i'm mexican too!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think that Mexicans are fine Frank 8) , after all they design all the coolest cars for VW!! the newest status symbol VW's are concieved in Mexico launched in Europe and built across the globe, for VW a Europian company!

But when it comes down to it they are all a Mexican idea :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.