Randy Rhoads 25th anniversery Jackson

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I thought they were Brazillian :?
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

oh sure joe, just wipe that smile off my face!
thanks ian. limeys are okay in my book too.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

frank wrote: thanks ian. limeys are okay in my book too.
:lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:Depends on which Fender you are looking at. The ones made in Mexico are cheaper than the ones made in the USA... even though the USA plant has a lot of Mexican employees... :evil:
hey, wait a minute....i'm mexican too!
Sorry, Frank... my point was that I don't get why the "mexi-strats" cost less than the "American Made" models. Mexico is part of North America so Mexicans are also "Americans", AND both the Fender plants in Mexico and California employ Mexican workers, so why are "mexi-strats" considered lower quality than the exact same thing built in California?

I was actually trying to say that the Mexican guitars are equal to the "American" ones. Just ask Henry Garza.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Rocky

I am surprised that the Mexican Strats are cheaper for one reoson, Big companies find countries that will produce products for them cheaper. However big companies keep the prices high and make greater proffits! I have never heard of a company making a product cheaper then passing the savings on to the customer!!!!!!
I think this is a good example that Fender are setting, My example of quality Mexican designed VW's is a good example, VW make cheaper cars in Mexico then sell them at high prices in every country of the world.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote: I think this is a good example that Fender are setting,
I would agree. The only thing I don't like is when people assume the Mexican version is lesser quality because it's not "Made in the USA". I have owned both types of Dtrats and they are equal in every respect.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

RockyRhoads wrote:
frank wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:Depends on which Fender you are looking at. The ones made in Mexico are cheaper than the ones made in the USA... even though the USA plant has a lot of Mexican employees... :evil:
hey, wait a minute....i'm mexican too!
Sorry, Frank... my point was that I don't get why the "mexi-strats" cost less than the "American Made" models. Mexico is part of North America so Mexicans are also "Americans", AND both the Fender plants in Mexico and California employ Mexican workers, so why are "mexi-strats" considered lower quality than the exact same thing built in California?

I was actually trying to say that the Mexican guitars are equal to the "American" ones. Just ask Henry Garza.
all in good fun my friend. i work with a man who's in total agreement with you. (about guitars, i don't know how he feels about wetbacks.) anyways, he maintains that fenders have spotty quality control and he has some mexican strats that he swears by. i don't know enough to pass judgement. i have a '79 strat (a bad year i hear) and i love it to death.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I'm gonna buy an RR-1 off of ebay, cheaper but oh how it looks bad
fenixdoido

Post by fenixdoido »

I prefeer buying a gibson Les paul Standard.
ggus

Post by ggus »

RockyRhoads wrote:Jackal is a RR.TK member who makes the copies of that Jackson...

My point being that for a company the size of Fender (who owns Jackson), making a reasonably priced guitar wouldn't cost them much. The cost of Fenders, Jacksons and Gibsons is inflated only because they are considering these instruments "collectors" items and "investments". They are selling to the wealthy and the 50 year olds who are trying to relive their youth by buying a guitar they wanted as a kid.

Anything more than $1000 for ANY guitar is ridiculous in my opinion.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

are the modern jackson rhoads models even acurate reproductions of the originals, they have jumbo frets and ive heard that randy liked small frets. + who knows about the rest of the specks are the pickups the same and what about the neck profile?
i kinda think these reproductions are made to appeal to the widest possible market... im not saying there not good in fact id love one. maybe im just a purist and dont want things to change :? ?

as for the 25th aniversary model - depriving the real fans is just wrong