Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JohnELee

Post by JohnELee »

Bleh... EMG pickups can be good when playing with distortion, but for me it's too harsh for the clean channel.. :x
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)
workingman

Post by workingman »

The Art Of Shredding wrote:I thought the EMG pickups were good enough that i wouldn't need to change them? that's why i spent more on the zakk wylde guitar instead of the normal white custom.. and what are BL L500XL ? i've still got this feeling that white guitar looks cooler than the camo paint one, the pickups on the white one were just silver or gold and they had ''Epiphone waxed pickups'' or something like that written on them, The Zakk Wylde one only sounded a little bit better and the neck felt a bit better. i had to spend like $1500 so i couldn't even afford to buy a hardcase for it so they just left it on the stand, that sort of pissed me off :lol:

heres the pic of the guitar Image
I've played the Epi yellow bullseye ZW before and the EMG HZ's sound pretty good for metal. They're not the same as the EMG 81/85 active set that's in the REAL Gibson version, but very nice nonetheless.
BStanek

Post by BStanek »

The White is beautiful!
Stiltzkin

Re:

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I'd like to see Gibson offer a Les Paul with a maple fingerboard without the graphics. I've always preferred maple fingerboards but Gibson seems opposed to them.
well, they kinda' do...if you can count the 'baked maple' fretboards :lol:
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Re:

Post by randy will never die »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I'd like to see Gibson offer a Les Paul with a maple fingerboard without the graphics. I've always preferred maple fingerboards but Gibson seems opposed to them.
well, they kinda' do...if you can count the 'baked maple' fretboards :lol:
well i like maple fingerboards because they have a bright tones

i was just thinking a couple of hours ago to make a maple/maghony freifghtboard the tone with the 2 would be almost god like but their will probably be months of testing to get it right LOL

this is how i think i am going to do it cut strips of both woods and glue them together and sand them down then glue the solid pice of wood on to the neck and starting rocking
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Stiltzkin

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Post by Stiltzkin »

if anyone wants a 'project guitar' I have my black Epi LPC up for grabs 8)
have to make room for new stuff(which you'll see shortly) :twisted: