Who has the White LP?

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Who has the White LP?

Post by Axeman1956 »

Who here ate UR has the White Epiphone LP? seems like everyone here has it... I have one lol...
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Re: Who has the White LP?

Post by blues_n_cues »

i have the epi lp custom in aged ivory- gibby didn't have it in 2007.
the second best guitar i've ever owned... rf fralin pups,cts pots & caps... better than the gibby artisan i owned.
i'd say the arbor RR proto copy was the best off the shelf guitar i've ever owned....crazy as that may sound.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

blues_n_cues wrote:i have the epi lp custom in aged ivory- gibby didn't have it in 2007.
the second best guitar i've ever owned... rf fralin pups,cts pots & caps... better than the gibby artisan i owned.
i'd say the arbor RR proto copy was the best off the shelf guitar i've ever owned....crazy as that may sound.
I wanted to buy that one too, the ivory... but then I saw it was discontinued. I bought a gibson Les Paul Studio white instead! Love it! Only thing I wish it would have is the custom binding... but customs are waay to expensive!

I've seen an epi custom white in a shop once, but the binding was pretty messy, looked like they didn't spent much detail on it. The epi black custom next to it was fine tough!
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

Stewie wrote:
blues_n_cues wrote:i have the epi lp custom in aged ivory- gibby didn't have it in 2007.
I wanted to buy that one too, the ivory... but then I saw it was discontinued. I bought a gibson Les Paul Studio white instead! Love it! Only thing I wish it would have is the custom binding... but customs are waay to expensive!

I've seen an epi custom white in a shop once, but the binding was pretty messy, looked like they didn't spent much detail on it. The epi black custom next to it was fine tough!
the binding on mine is nice.there's one tiny spot on the back of the guitar where the horn meets the body that they overdid the paint but you need a magnifying glass to see it.
i see the aged ivory customs on ebay all the time for around $500. mine was $799 new but my wife bought it for me that x-mas because "she gets it". :) .

btw, it was set up perfectly & in tune right out of the box.way to go nashville. :wink:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I have a 2004 Epi Les paul Custom in 'arctic white', (built september 04 in Unsung to be specific)

When i bought it, i didn't pick white because of randy, i just genuinely wasn't a fan of sunburst LP's back then, my taste has since changed and now i would love a vintage burst plaintop (ala 'Paul Kossoff' spelling?).

The guitar is currently my no.2 and is in need of restringing actually. I have modified it over the years. Every electronic component, even wiring and input jack has been replaced by moi. It currently rocks orange drop capacitors to the sound of a SD 59 in the neck and pearly gates in the bridge.

And yay! for it is good! :mrgreen:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
espvh

Post by espvh »

My 1989 MIK Epi LP Custom:

'Scuse me tarbender, take me drunk, I'm home!
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Had an Epi LP Custom a number of years ago and it was a superb guitar (MIK).....Still, I ended up trading to the one in my avatar which is the best Gibson Les Paul I have ever owned to date (my '04 Custom Shop Custom).
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

espvh wrote:My 1989 MIK Epi LP Custom:
Beatiful!

One question, did your gold wore off on your bridge after a while? Mine did (gibson studio) and I was wondering if this happened to other guitars aswell.. It has become grey-ish at the top where I rest my hand
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Stewie wrote:One question, did your gold wore off on your bridge after a while? Mine did (gibson studio) and I was wondering if this happened to other guitars aswell.. It has become grey-ish at the top where I rest my hand
my tuning knobs on my 07 epi custom have that problem and its starting to happen on my pickup covers :(
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

they all do after a while,especially if you have a lot of alkali(acid) in your sweat.