Flying V Case

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

theamericanpsycho

Flying V Case

Post by theamericanpsycho »

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a custom case made? My polka dot flying V I ordered, I don't believe its a standard V size. The wings appear to be a little narrower towards the ends and the rounded tips appear to be smaller, by comparison, to other V's I have seen, especially GMW's version of the polka dot V. The curve between the wings looks a little different too. I am afraid if I just buy a regular flying V case, the guitar wont fit perfectly, meaning I may need to trace an outline of the guitar and send it to a company so they can custom make me a case. I refuse to put this prized instrument into a padded gig bag. Even my $300 Jackson JR-20 has a custom hardshell case, as does my Gibson Les Paul Studio. I had a gig bag for my ESP LTD V and I hated it. Sure it was easy to transport around, but to me it just cheapened the overall quality of the instrument. Its like displaying a $500 dinner on a cheap paper plate. But in all seriousness, does anybody know of any companies that make really good custom made to order hardshells at a reasonable price?
Lespauly
Cool Member

Re: Flying V Case

Post by Lespauly »

Have you tried a Jackson King V case ??What about Coffin Case....
theamericanpsycho

Post by theamericanpsycho »

I have a Jackson case, from my old JS20, didnt come close to fitting. And I refuse to put my holy grail in a padded gigbag, which I could easily find at my local Guitar Center. I checked that one site mentioned earlier, I fear shipping internationally would be unnecessary and a high cost when hopefully I can find a dealer in the states. Doing some searching, I found ibeamcases.com which looks pretty decent. Just trace the guitar on some wrapping paper, mail them the tracing with the guitar meassurements and good to go. Price isnt too bad I guess, $260 with shipping included then a shipping refund if the case needs no alterations. If I cant find any other dealer, I may go with them.
joe bitchin

Post by joe bitchin »

i got 2 big-assed coffin cases that fit any pointy shape comfortably!
kevinkyle46542

Post by kevinkyle46542 »

any case that fits a dean razorback will fit the PDV the guitar is 47.5 inches from wing tip to headstock tip about 1 1/4 inches longer than your standard V of the pointy guitar brands. i used a coffin universal bass case for about 4 years till i had one custome made by calzone with ata certs for my travelling, if you go that route look to spend about 750-950.00 on a case the coffin universall bass case is like 179.00 but its not very sturdy
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

coffin or anvil will do custom cases btw.