Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

basicswatch

Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by basicswatch »

Hi many of you have had questions on the polkadot v I am selling on ebay. As of now I have sold a few and 2 members here have ordered. One has recieved his already and posted his review under this same subject just below this topic. It was a nice review and i'm glad to get a honest opinion so that I can make any changes that need to be changed. From the start I have made many changes to this guitar trying to get it near perfect but yet keep the cost down. With this terrible economy and cost going up on everything it's hard, but I am going to make 2 more changes to the guitar which will be present on any new orders. The bowtie at the 21 fret will come off as I was told it does not belong there. Also the jack input will be changed to a fender style which is what the original was I believe. If I am wrong please reply with your feedback. After reading the post many are wondering about taxes over-seas. I will be happy to work with you guys thats no problem as long as you cover your shipping. Also realize if I drop the value for shipping for your tax savings I cannot insure the guitar for what it is worth so if something happens I can't be responsible for that. Shipping has been rather smooth and I had 2 show up damaged but one was done by a prior customer and not shipping. So there packed pretty well even for a long trip over seas. You do not have to buy off ebay you can just email me here. Now the guitars do not have top line hardware but it is decent and the pickups sound great. This is the only way to keep cost down. But like myself I always change my gear around and it does not cost much if you do it over time. The main fact is you are able to get one of these without spending almost $3,000 and up. I do my best to make sure all customers are happy. Sometimes thats impossible. I had one customer put in a chargeback 3 weeks after ordering when he was told it takes 3 to 4 weeks and sometimes five weeks. These are custom ordered and made and cannot be done any sooner unless you want a defective guitar. So my own personal money is now being held until it delivers which is wrong. I am not a big bussines so I can't front the money for these guitars. Since they are custom ordered there are no refunds. I will replace a broken or defected one but it will not even be shipped if there is a problem. So if you are impatient and can't wait for delivery then please don't order. I also had another customer whom ordered and claims I am buying from some company Kmag. I never heard of them before. They posted a bunch of lies on youtube when i posted replys and other customers they took it all down and blocked us from re posting and left there negative feedback for all to see. This customer from the begining told me there were problems with the guitar so i said send it back. He never did after countless emails complaining. then i find out he recieved 2 guitars and never told me. One other customer did not get his. After asking him he said he did not. i check tracking and he signed for both. He later told me his dad had it that he did not know. What BS. so i sent him money to ship it to the customer for me and money to ship his back to me. He never shipped his back to me and when the customer got his the neck was completely cracked off. This is impossible to do in shipping. You can completely crack off a neck by the headstock. Also the customer said there were no wood fragments or pieces in the box that broke of so where were they? This _SS busted the guitar on purpose And I have to replace it out of my pocket. And the poor customer has waited a long time and has been very good about the whole situation. So if you read this BS some here or on youtube don't believe any of it it's all lies. You have other honest members here whom ordered and one has already given his review. i posted a concord on the polkadot ebay auction. i am going to make changes to that also so and feedback will be good. take a look at the pics on ebay in the polkadot auction. thanks tim
theamericanpsycho

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by theamericanpsycho »

Take it from me, an honest, impartial customer. I am not here to take sides. I am not here to point fingers, I simply believe in doing what is right and whats fair is fair. Tim's guitar in my honest opinion is outstanding. I am not a salesman, I am a customer of his. I got my guitar yesterday, and as he stated, it was wrapped with so much plastic and bubble wrap that you can drop it off of a bridge and nothing will happen to the guitar. The guitar itself, at first glance, is gorgeous. The pictures do not do it justice. The guitar is so beautiful that I cant stop looking at it. Note that I had my own Dimarzio pickups installed, now THAT is an honest man, I bought a PAF and Super Distortion on ebay and sent them to him and not only did he install them, but he sent me the reciet and the original pickups that came with the guitar. How do ya like that? Surely anybody else would have kept the original pickups for themselves and sold them, but Tim sent them to me as a kind, honest gesture. The new Dimarzio pickups scream, they bring my 78 Marshall JMP to life. I have never heard such an amazing guitar, this blows my $1700 Gibson Les Paul Studio away in every aspect. Nothing against Gibsons, they are great guitars, but this guitar is SO much easier to play and sounds so much better. When played through my Marshall, MXR Distortion Plus and 10 Band EQ, it has the perfect growl I have been looking for for about 10 years now.

With all that being said, like I said, I am being honest here....the very slight downsides (for lack of a better term, and believe me its NOTHING serious at all) is mine has a dot or 2 out of place, but that doesnt matter to me. And the mother of pearl bowtie inlays are a little small, but I fixed that with some inlay decal stickers I got on ebay which are the appropriate size. The great things about this guitar totally outweigh the negative. The guitar, as stated not only is gorgeous and plays like a dream, but you can customize it to your liking, like I did. I changed the tremolo bar to a solid chrome, and asked Tim if he would add black knobs instead of white and he graciously did that for me. The pickups I bought and sent were properly installed and configured to my playing style. You can not, WILL NOT, find a better polka dot flying V for this price. I respect any honest person trying to make a living and/or someone trying to supply the world with affordable guitars that most only have dreamed of. You can go to GMW and get one for $2400 and wait about 3-4 months. I hear Lee is great to work with. You can get a KMAG for about $250 if you can find one, they are rarely ever available and in my honest opinion, do not even compare in sound and appearance to Tim's guitar. I seen many videos on youtube of the GMW polka dot, and mine sounds just as good, if not better and even less than half the price and a much shorter wait.

And now finally, I am going to set the record straight. I will not mention any names, but they know who they are. Some kids on youtube have been posting much negativity about Tim's guitar. They told me the fretboard needs leveled, they said it sounds like crap, they said the nut needs professionally filed, and my favorite....the guitar sounds like its made of plywood. Believe me, NONE of this is true. My guitar is perfect. I couldnt be more pleased. I dont understand why these guys continue to post negative feedback about the guitar, but its all lies. You saw my posts and if you havent, look at them. Look at the guitar, you can see the quality and eventually I will post up my own youtube video so the world can see it as well.