It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:18 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 12   [ 166 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 75
SFV 818 wrote:
Moonchild,

Yes the Stagg is the one. You'll have enough room for those accessories.

Musicians Friend's Flying V case(16.50" wing tip to tip) will be tight I think, our RR PDV are 17"


Too bad I kinda liked the Musicians Friend's case.
Were did you get the Stagg case? Would Guitar center carry it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Los Angeles / Toronto
I got mine @ Cassell's Music a local store in Sylmar,California.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 75
SFV 818 wrote:
I got mine @ Cassell's Music a local store in Sylmar,California.


I'll have to check around here in CT.
SKB has one that might work.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:09 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:19 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 75
axeman_12656 wrote:
I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.



I was thinking about doing that but with my luck I would screw it up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Los Angeles / Toronto
http://cgi.ebay.com/FLYING-V-HARDSHELL- ... 1e62e0d7ff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:10 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
moonchild77 wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:
I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.



I was thinking about doing that but with my luck I would screw it up.


It was easy... I just cut it with a knife. the liner pulled right off. Then just glued it back in. If you already have the case try it out. its not hard.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:03 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 75
axeman_12656 wrote:
moonchild77 wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:
I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.



I was thinking about doing that but with my luck I would screw it up.


It was easy... I just cut it with a knife. the liner pulled right off. Then just glued it back in. If you already have the case try it out. its not hard.


I might just get the SKB soft case. I don't do any gigs. I just jam with a few friends. So I don't need anything expensive. I would love to find a road case like the Fernandas PDV came with. It's just like Randy's.

I spoke to Tim today. He said I'll be getting the guitar in about two weeks. I'm getting his newer model with all the upgrades. Bridge, electronics, and bigger inlays etc.. I can't wait. I've been wanting a Rhoads PDV for 30 years now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:32 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 6
so if i may ask, im 17 and a MASSIVE Rhoads fan, he was my main influence on playing guitar, where is this Tim? what is his Ebay store, because i would like to become one of the select few who own a PDV guitar


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Ontario, Canada
Tim is is in Illinois, and is registered on the forum here as 'basicwatch' -- he started a thread about it here if you want to PM him. On eBay, he goes by 'zoesandra'. He has a listing up for these now here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDY-RHOADS-POLKAD ... 2a103ba202

If this auction is over, just do a search for "Randy Rhoads Polkadot Flying V Guitar" on eBay, and it should turn up as he keeps re-listing it. The auction is just for taking orders because these are built with each order.

_________________
Ric

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 6
thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 75
gimatt24 wrote:
thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?


Mine will have the Rosewood board (if I read the Ebay listing correctly the new ones will come standard with rosewood boards) and black knobs. Randy used a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF in the neck position. I will change mine to those later on. The pickups that he has one them now I hear are really good.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 6
awesome! im going with the look that most people saw, i think its the early sandoval, which had the white knobs and nickel or chrome tremelo, whereas the later versions had black knobs and tremelo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:53 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
gimatt24 wrote:
thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?


i thought i wanted white knobs also till i got it... trust me.. the black look MUCH better. The white kind of cheapen the look of the guitar in person. but its whatever you want of course.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 6
hmmm, guess ill have to see haha, cant wait till i have the money saved up for this thing! then all i need is a Marshall 1959RR to complete my tribute to the god... maybe even add a Gibson reliced version of his les paul lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 12   [ 166 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net