It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:05 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 166 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
Tim lives in Illinois. The best way to get up with him is to go to the Ebay auction and just send seller a question. he will get back to you within hours. Waiting on my guitar... i can't wait.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:27 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Ontario, Canada
axeman_12656 wrote:
Constuction began on mine today!! I wanna say thanks to you guys for giving some more insight into this guitar. i was wavering but your comments put me over the top to go ahead and purchase one. Mine will have white knobs and traditional bridge. i will post pics when it gets here. Gonna be a dream come true. I can't wait.

Congrats and welcome to the club! :wink: Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm loving mine! I guess you should be getting sometime mid-January then. It still freaks me out every time I see it hanging on the wall! I'm so used to only ever seeing it in pics online since you never see these things anywhere else ever.

Did you upgrade the pickups to Dimarzios too? I still have the neck pickup that he uses because nobody had a creme floyd rose spaced Dimarzio PAF in stock anywhere, and I'm quite surprised by how good it actually sounds! No idea what it is, Tim had sent along the original bridge pickup with it and there's no writing or anything on it. I'm also surprised by the volume this guitar has when played unplugged too.

Another way you can get a hold of Tim is by sending him a PM here, as he is a member here: basicswatch.

_________________
Ric

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:45 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am
Posts: 126
Location: monroe,mi
Whipper wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:
Constuction began on mine today!! I wanna say thanks to you guys for giving some more insight into this guitar. i was wavering but your comments put me over the top to go ahead and purchase one. Mine will have white knobs and traditional bridge. i will post pics when it gets here. Gonna be a dream come true. I can't wait.

Congrats and welcome to the club! :wink: Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm loving mine! I guess you should be getting sometime mid-January then. It still freaks me out every time I see it hanging on the wall! I'm so used to only ever seeing it in pics online since you never see these things anywhere else ever.

Did you upgrade the pickups to Dimarzios too? I still have the neck pickup that he uses because nobody had a creme floyd rose spaced Dimarzio PAF in stock anywhere, and I'm quite surprised by how good it actually sounds! No idea what it is, Tim had sent along the original bridge pickup with it and there's no writing or anything on it. I'm also surprised by the volume this guitar has when played unplugged too.

Another way you can get a hold of Tim is by sending him a PM here, as he is a member here: basicswatch.


I was thinking of ordering one to does anyone know what kind of options you can pick from like 22 frets and what kind of fret board to choose from and the people who already have a pdv from tim how heavy are they and I'm guessing noboby had no problems with dead frets or freting out

_________________
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Ontario, Canada
I'm sure he could make you a 22 fret version, as well as different fingerboard wood, but most likely at an extra charge. They are fairly heavy frets that are installed, not jumbo but not far off. There are no dead spots or fretting out anywhere on mine.

I couldn't resist getting one of those copies of the strap Randy used with this guitar from eBay too, and it's really well made and comfortable. It's actually AF Designs that's selling those on eBay (they go by the seller name of "letmeinmugsy"). This is the second strap I bought from them (it's a husband and wife operated business), and the quality and craftsmanship are top notch!

_________________
Ric

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:27 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am
Posts: 126
Location: monroe,mi
quote="Whipper"]I'm sure he could make you a 22 fret version, as well as different fingerboard wood, but most likely at an extra charge. They are fairly heavy frets that are installed, not jumbo but not far off. There are no dead spots or fretting out anywhere on mine.

I couldn't resist getting one of those copies of the strap Randy used with this guitar from eBay too, and it's really well made and comfortable. It's actually AF Designs that's selling those on eBay (they go by the seller name of "letmeinmugsy"). This is the second strap I bought from them (it's a husband and wife operated business), and the quality and craftsmanship are top notch![/quote]

Thanks a lot for the info ill be ordering one very soon isee he offers a concord to but it kind of looked funny to me on the e bay page didn't look right or something thanks again

_________________
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:50 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
Whipper wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:
Did you upgrade the pickups to Dimarzios too? I still have the neck pickup that he uses because nobody had a creme floyd rose spaced Dimarzio PAF in stock anywhere, and I'm quite surprised by how good it actually sounds! No idea what it is, Tim had sent along the original bridge pickup with it and there's no writing or anything on it. I'm also surprised by the volume this guitar has when played unplugged too.



no... i went with the one tim is putting on it. but if after i get the guitar i don't like them i will change them out... I can't wait to get it in.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:13 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 24
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted a more Randy accurate PDV so before I ordered the guitar, I asked Tim if it was possible for him to supply my guitar with a rosewood fingerboard, instead of ebony. Tim said "no problem" and it was a done deal, with no extra cost. And he also sent me the original pickups he would normally put in the guitar along with my Dimarzio's installed into the guitar. I didnt have the spare pickups long, a friend noticed them and said "wow are those Dimarzios?!" and before I could say what they were, he handed me $120 for them, I couldnt argue anymore lol.

I am proud though to be a member of the select few that own this variation of polka dot V. Its a damn fine instrument that plays as good as it looks. I may do what Whipper did and get mine a wall hanger as well. I dont want it to get damaged, but I dont want it to be hiding in a case either. An instrument this beautiful should be displayed for people to see and admire. And to hear it in action, makes it that much more enjoyable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
theamericanpsycho wrote:
An instrument this beautiful should be displayed for people to see and admire. And to hear it in action, makes it that much more enjoyable.



I play in a band that plays all over the east... I will be sporting this beauty from time to time for people to admire. but mostly for myself. I have always been proud of being so influinced by Randy. I look forward to displaying it.

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Ontario, Canada
I love these hangers! I think a guitar looks best hanging in the playing position on it, rather than sitting vertical in a stand or basic wall hanger. It's called "Hang 'em High", and they have a web site, but he actually sells them cheaper (or at least with cheaper shipping I believe was the case) on eBay:

http://hangemhigh.net/

the crush wrote:
Thanks a lot for the info ill be ordering one very soon isee he offers a concord to but it kind of looked funny to me on the e bay page didn't look right or something thanks again

I'm sure you'll love it just as much! I know what you mean about the Concord... I think it's largely because of the blank headplate. Tim mentioned that this guy was concerned (and rightfully so!) about legal issues if he copied the Jackson headplate with the logo, but was possibly going to supply a decal that you could add after you got it.

_________________
Ric

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am
Posts: 126
Location: monroe,mi
Whipper wrote:
I love these hangers! I think a guitar looks best hanging in the playing position on it, rather than sitting vertical in a stand or basic wall hanger. It's called "Hang 'em High", and they have a web site, but he actually sells them cheaper (or at least with cheaper shipping I believe was the case) on eBay:

http://hangemhigh.net/

the crush wrote:
Thanks a lot for the info ill be ordering one very soon isee he offers a concord to but it kind of looked funny to me on the e bay page didn't look right or something thanks again

I'm sure you'll love it just as much! I know what you mean about the Concord... I think it's largely because of the blank headplate. Tim mentioned that this guy was concerned (and rightfully so!) about legal issues if he copied the Jackson headplate with the logo, but was possibly going to supply a decal that you could add after you got it.


I thought the body didn't look quite righT the shape didn't look right to me at all

_________________
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 am 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 9
Location: Massachusetts
I was in the same boat as a lot of people.. i was very skeptical in buying the rhoads polka dot v, that was until i spoke to Tim on the phone. He assured me that it was worth it and that the guitar has been getting stellar reviews. So i went for it and bought it. He had a special holiday price, it was $750. Very affordable! Im very excited.. will post pics when it comes it


shayne
________

_________________
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites."
Randy Rhoads


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am
Posts: 126
Location: monroe,mi
shayno06 wrote:
I was in the same boat as a lot of people.. i was very skeptical in buying the rhoads polka dot v, that was until i spoke to Tim on the phone. He assured me that it was worth it and that the guitar has been getting stellar reviews. So i went for it and bought it. He had a special holiday price, it was $750. Very affordable! Im very excited.. will post pics when it comes it


shayne
________

Cool let us know what you think About the guitar when will you be receiving tHe guitar what options did you get

_________________
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
I got my guitar in Friday. I had to leave that evening to go on the road for some weekend shows in Central KY. Needless to say i took the guitar with me. I only used it for one song the first night.. the second night i used it for almost the whole set as I played it enough that day to get used to the feel of it. I love it!! its a nice guitar. It plays good, it sounds good, it looks good. Peoples eyeballs were popping out of their heads all over the clubs when i broke it out both nights. I'm gonna post some pics from the show soon as i get them from my buddy that took them. But for now.. a pic from my cell phone is attached. I changed the pickup rings and had chrome ones put on instead of the black ones. I wanted white knobs but Tim nor the luthier had them.. So we had to go with black. I ordered some white knobs from ebay for $4. But now that I have the guitar and see it with the black knobs... i really can't imagine changing them. So... we will see on that. But its a great value at that price. It has been my dream since i was 13 to own a polka dot V. Thanks to fair pricing I finally have one and i love it. I also got the replica strap from Ebay. My guitar is gonna be both a wall piece and a used intrument. I perform 50+ shows a year or so... its gonna be with me at every show this year :) . Im not affraid to use it. I'm proud to actually.


Attachments:
File comment: Not a great pic.. I will post pics from my performances this weekend soon.
pdv.jpg
pdv.jpg [ 114.71 KiB | Viewed 3157 times ]

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:27 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 am
Posts: 74
it's ok for $750. but the dot placement is off. there's supposed to be 4 polka dots directly behind the bridge, that has one, and only half of the other two, and is totally missing the dot that's supposed to be at the very edge of the bridge. the bowtie inlays are a little smaller than randys too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
Here are a few pics of me playing my new PDV in Louisville, KY. No... its not perfect but its a quality guitar. And its close.... one dude came straight to me and said "oh my god.. is that a Sandoval?" I love it!


Attachments:
My Guitar.jpg
My Guitar.jpg [ 73.95 KiB | Viewed 3144 times ]
File comment: 1st gig with the pdv
kjkj.jpg
kjkj.jpg [ 65.01 KiB | Viewed 3148 times ]
File comment: 2nd gig with the pdv
asasas.jpg
asasas.jpg [ 70.02 KiB | Viewed 3148 times ]

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 166 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net