Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by axeman_12656 »

Get your guitar yet Moonpie? :)
Live Life Stronger Than Death
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:Get your guitar yet Moonpie? :)
lol

No. Not yet. He told me he sent it out. I should get it by Monday the latest. He did not put tracking on it but he did insure it. It would be nice if it shows up tomorrow.

This guitar is with all the updates. Electronics, bigger bow tie inlays, better finish, etc.
I can't wait to get it.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

gimatt24 wrote:maybe even add a Gibson reliced version of his les paul lol
you're better off with a '74/'75 LPC than the newly released one :)
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

Well I missed the mail man today. So around 4:00 I have to make a trip to the Post Office and pick up my PDV. IT IS HERE AT LAST!!!!!!
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

moonchild77 wrote:Well I missed the mail man today. So around 4:00 I have to make a trip to the Post Office and pick up my PDV. IT IS HERE AT LAST!!!!!!
Cool let us know what you think about the guitar
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

OK. I've got it. I only spent about 15 minutes with it. So far I am very happy with it. It does have some imperfections in the finish but I can deal with them. The pickups sound great (I may just keep them instead of putting in Dimarzios), the neck feels great, it's very well set up. I will most likely put on locking tuners and change the pickup rings to chrome. Also I will put on a pickup switch washer.
The only thing I do not like is that the input jack is on the bottom wing now. Not a major issue but I wish it was on the top wing.
Tim also sent it with a gig bag. So I've very happy I don't have to rush out and get a case. I can take my time now finding one I like.

It was well worth the wait. I will write more on it as I spend some more time with it. Good or bad.

Here is a picture. I'll put some more up later.
Attachments
ad1 366.jpg
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

moonchild77 wrote:OK. I've got it. I only spent about 15 minutes with it. So far I am very happy with it. It does have some imperfections in the finish but I can deal with them. The pickups sound great (I may just keep them instead of putting in Dimarzios), the neck feels great, it's very well set up. I will most likely put on locking tuners and change the pickup rings to chrome. Also I will put on a pickup switch washer.
The only thing I do not like is that the input jack is on the bottom wing now. Not a major issue but I wish it was on the top wing.
Tim also sent it with a gig bag. So I've very happy I don't have to rush out and get a case. I can take my time now finding one I like.

It was well worth the wait. I will write more on it as I spend some more time with it. Good or bad.

Cooll glad you finally got it let me know how good it stays in tune with the standard bar on it I was thinking of getting floyed rose on mine and how are the frets is their dead areas on the fretboard. And you could probably install a input jack like randys has I wouldent t
hink it would be to hard give us a review after you played it awhile thanks
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

the crush wrote:
moonchild77 wrote:OK. I've got it. I only spent about 15 minutes with it. So far I am very happy with it. It does have some imperfections in the finish but I can deal with them. The pickups sound great (I may just keep them instead of putting in Dimarzios), the neck feels great, it's very well set up. I will most likely put on locking tuners and change the pickup rings to chrome. Also I will put on a pickup switch washer.

Cooll glad you finally got it let me know how good it stays in tune with the standard bar on it I was thinking of getting floyed rose on mine and how are the frets is their dead areas on the fretboard. And you could probably install a input jack like randys has I wouldent t
hink it would be to hard give us a review after you played it awhile thanks

Right now it keeps going flat but they are new strings. The need to be broken in.. The low E sounds a little dead. This weekend I will change the strings (to what Randy used. GHS R+RL Nickel Rockers Light Electric Strings) and see if it was just the string.
No dead areas/ buzzing on the fretboard.
Myself I decided not to go with the Floyd Rose bridge because I don't use the bar much anymore and I wanted to keep it as close to Randy's as I could. I can deal with were the input jack is. I just wish it was on the top wing.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Glad you like it Moonchild. the input jack being on the lower wing is the thing that bothered me the most also. but the guitars do sound and play great.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:Glad you like it Moonchild. the input jack being on the lower wing is the thing that bothered me the most also. but the guitars do sound and play great.
It does sound and feel great. From the pictures I have seen the other guitars had the input on the top wing. Did you have yours moved? Maybe down the road I can have it moved. Did you have tuning problems with yours? Mine keeps going out a little.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

moonchild77 wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:Glad you like it Moonchild. the input jack being on the lower wing is the thing that bothered me the most also. but the guitars do sound and play great.
It does sound and feel great. From the pictures I have seen the other guitars had the input on the top wing. Did you have yours moved? Maybe down the road I can have it moved. Did you have tuning problems with yours? Mine keeps going out a little.
Mine is on the top wing... I meant the style of input jack. i wanted the strat style. But oh well... its really not a big deal. I wouldn't mess with it if i were you. you could crack the paint or the clear coat.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:
moonchild77 wrote:
Mine is on the top wing... I meant the style of input jack. i wanted the strat style. But oh well... its really not a big deal. I wouldn't mess with it if i were you. you could crack the paint or the clear coat.
I was thinking the same. I'll just leave it.
I'm still loving the guitar. I just have to take care of the tuning problem.
63shred

Post by 63shred »

Hi, I am new here and also purchased one of Tim's polka dot v's. The one I got was reduced in price because it had the control cover missing and a paint blemish on the back of the neck, it also had no strings on it and needed to be set up. I was curious about this guitar and decided to make the purchase when I saw one for 500.00 on ebay. I must say when I recieved it it was better than expected! Mine has the standard fender type bridge so I had to adjust the saddles for string height. I put on a set of 9-42's and got the action really low with no buzzing. The first day I was having some tuning problems also so I loosened the strings and put some graphite in the nut slots and have not had a problem since. Mine came with white fender knobs so I replaced those with black speed knobs, I didn't like those so I put on gold ones. I was looking on ebay for some dimarzio's, but once I played the guitar through my Marshall I was very impressed by the pickups. I still have to make a control cover but that shouldn't be a problem. Really I haven't been able to put the guitar down since I recieved it! Tim sent me a nice gig bag with mine for 40..00 dollars also. By the way mine has the jack on the bottom wing also so I just bought a cord with an angled plug. Wel just thought I would give my 2 cents on the guitar.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

63shred wrote:Hi, I am new here and also purchased one of Tim's polka dot v's. The one I got was reduced in price because it had the control cover missing and a paint blemish on the back of the neck, it also had no strings on it and needed to be set up. I was curious about this guitar and decided to make the purchase when I saw one for 500.00 on ebay. I must say when I recieved it it was better than expected! Mine has the standard fender type bridge so I had to adjust the saddles for string height. I put on a set of 9-42's and got the action really low with no buzzing. The first day I was having some tuning problems also so I loosened the strings and put some graphite in the nut slots and have not had a problem since. Mine came with white fender knobs so I replaced those with black speed knobs, I didn't like those so I put on gold ones. I was looking on ebay for some dimarzio's, but once I played the guitar through my Marshall I was very impressed by the pickups. I still have to make a control cover but that shouldn't be a problem. Really I haven't been able to put the guitar down since I recieved it! Tim sent me a nice gig bag with mine for 40..00 dollars also. By the way mine has the jack on the bottom wing also so I just bought a cord with an angled plug. Wel just thought I would give my 2 cents on the guitar.
I saw that one. The listing didn't last long.
I'm going to buy a cord with a angled plug also. I love the sound and the feel of it. I'm just having tuning issues with it now. I'm going to try new strings and open up the nut a little. It may just be shit strings on it. They should have stretched out by now. I'll try some graphite also.
Autobot

Post by Autobot »

I just got my guitar in today. I put on a full chrome whammy bar on the strat-style bridge and I have some chrome pick-up rings to put on still. It looks like a quality instrument. I sent Tim some Schaller strap locks and he installed them. I have to adjust the pick-ups to get a more aggressive sound and the tuning pegs are a bit tight still. Other that that, I am very pleased with the guitar. :D