Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

moonchild77

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by moonchild77 »

SFV 818 wrote:Moonchild,

Yes the Stagg is the one. You'll have enough room for those accessories.

Musicians Friend's Flying V case(16.50" wing tip to tip) will be tight I think, our RR PDV are 17"
Too bad I kinda liked the Musicians Friend's case.
Were did you get the Stagg case? Would Guitar center carry it?
SFV 818

Post by SFV 818 »

I got mine @ Cassell's Music a local store in Sylmar,California.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

SFV 818 wrote:I got mine @ Cassell's Music a local store in Sylmar,California.
I'll have to check around here in CT.
SKB has one that might work.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.

I was thinking about doing that but with my luck I would screw it up.
SFV 818

Post by SFV 818 »

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

moonchild77 wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:I took an Epiphone case.. and where the wings are.. i cut out the padding. Put the Liner back down so it wouldn't scratch the guitar. It fits well... A tad tight.. but just enough that i place it in and take it out carefully.

It was easy... I just cut it with a knife. the liner pulled right off. Then just glued it back in. If you already have the case try it out. its not hard.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:
moonchild77 wrote:

It was easy... I just cut it with a knife. the liner pulled right off. Then just glued it back in. If you already have the case try it out. its not hard.
I might just get the SKB soft case. I don't do any gigs. I just jam with a few friends. So I don't need anything expensive. I would love to find a road case like the Fernandas PDV came with. It's just like Randy's.

I spoke to Tim today. He said I'll be getting the guitar in about two weeks. I'm getting his newer model with all the upgrades. Bridge, electronics, and bigger inlays etc.. I can't wait. I've been wanting a Rhoads PDV for 30 years now.
gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

so if i may ask, im 17 and a MASSIVE Rhoads fan, he was my main influence on playing guitar, where is this Tim? what is his Ebay store, because i would like to become one of the select few who own a PDV guitar
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Tim is is in Illinois, and is registered on the forum here as 'basicwatch' -- he started a thread about it here if you want to PM him. On eBay, he goes by 'zoesandra'. He has a listing up for these now here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDY-RHOADS-POLKAD ... 2a103ba202

If this auction is over, just do a search for "Randy Rhoads Polkadot Flying V Guitar" on eBay, and it should turn up as he keeps re-listing it. The auction is just for taking orders because these are built with each order.
Ric

gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

gimatt24 wrote:thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?
Mine will have the Rosewood board (if I read the Ebay listing correctly the new ones will come standard with rosewood boards) and black knobs. Randy used a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF in the neck position. I will change mine to those later on. The pickups that he has one them now I hear are really good.
gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

awesome! im going with the look that most people saw, i think its the early sandoval, which had the white knobs and nickel or chrome tremelo, whereas the later versions had black knobs and tremelo
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

gimatt24 wrote:thanks :) i think ill change out the knobs for white ones, and put a nickel bridge on, make it look a little more like Randy's and of course request the rosewood board haha... what pickups should i use? ive been getting mixed reports on either super distortions, PAF 36th anniversary, or both?
i thought i wanted white knobs also till i got it... trust me.. the black look MUCH better. The white kind of cheapen the look of the guitar in person. but its whatever you want of course.
gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

hmmm, guess ill have to see haha, cant wait till i have the money saved up for this thing! then all i need is a Marshall 1959RR to complete my tribute to the god... maybe even add a Gibson reliced version of his les paul lol