Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

moonchild77

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by moonchild77 »

gimatt24 wrote:hmmm, guess ill have to see haha, cant wait till i have the money saved up for this thing! then all i need is a Marshall 1959RR to complete my tribute to the god... maybe even add a Gibson reliced version of his les paul lol
If you decide you don't like the white knobs you can always buy a black set.
I would love to get the Marshall and the Les Paul. The Relic Jackson would be nice also.
gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

hahah the reliced jackson is nice xD a little to expensive for me, but hey, it would be sitting in a glass display case anyway haha, thought it would suck if one of the pots went dead, seeing as theres no access to the pots without removing the tape
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

Yeah. At that price I would be too afraid to play it. I would have it on display in a nice case in my music room.

I sent Tim a email to check on the status of my PDV on Friday. I haven't heard back from him yet. From what he last told me I should have it this week.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

OK. Now I'm getting a little nervous. Tim told me I would git the PDV this week. It still isn't here. I sent him an e-mail last Friday and another on Wednesday to get a update on the status of the guitar. He hasn't answered. On his Ebay listing he states that it can take up to 5 weeks and its only the 3rd. But he told me I would get it this week and he hasn't answered me back.
gimatt24

Post by gimatt24 »

oooo not fun :/
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

Well I sent him another e-mail and he finally answered me. He now says he should receive the guitar tomorrow or Wednesday and ship it right out. I asked him what his shipping method is and he hasn't gotten back to me on that. If he ships UPS i would think I should get it by the end of the week.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Mine came regular mail thru USPS. He packages them well.

my only advice on the guitar is this...

My band travels and I do play my PDV. But it is a sensitive guitar. The only complaint i have about it is that is bruises easy. If you bump it, you will see a mark. Other than that i really really love mine. Just be careful with it. i have just come to terms with mine that it is gonna show love scars. lol
Live Life Stronger Than Death
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:Mine came regular mail thru USPS. He packages them well.

My band travels and I do play my PDV. But it is a sensitive guitar. The only complaint i have about it is that is bruises easy. If you bump it, you will see a mark. Other than that i really really love mine. Just be careful with it. i have just come to terms with mine that it is gonna show love scars. lol

Thanks. So I might not see it until next week.
What case do you have? I've been looking around and found a SKB soft case that might work. I found another site that I can have one custom made but it is pricy. I don't gig so I don't need anything too pricy. Just something to protect it when not in use or if I go out with it.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

moonchild77 wrote:

What case do you have? I've been looking around and found a SKB soft case that might work. I found another site that I can have one custom made but it is pricy. I don't gig so I don't need anything too pricy. Just something to protect it when not in use or if I go out with it.
I have mine in an Epiphone case.. its really tight. But i just the cut the padding out where the wings are. Then I re-glued the liner back down to keep it from scratching the guitar. Like I said it's tight, but it works.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:
moonchild77 wrote:

I have mine in an Epiphone case.. its really tight. But i just the cut the padding out where the wings are. Then I re-glued the liner back down to keep it from scratching the guitar. Like I said it's tight, but it works.
That's right. I think you did tell me that before.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:Mine came regular mail thru USPS. He packages them well.

How was he with communication with you? At first he would get back to me right away. Now I have a hard time getting answers from him.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

communication was good.. he and i both had a hard time catching each other. but he would leave me voice mails
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

axeman_12656 wrote:communication was good.. he and i both had a hard time catching each other. but he would leave me voice mails
Maybe he has been busy.
I sent him another e-mail last night to see if I can get a tracking number. He did get back to me this morning and said he will ship it out tomorrow and give me the tracking number. We will see.
He told me I would have it 2 weeks ago. When he finally answered me last week he said he was getting the guitar last Tuesday or Wednesday and would ship it right out. Now its going to be tomorrow.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Sorry to hear about your delay. I know how frustrating that can be because I got mine shipped in December and customs here was severely backed up dealing with the Christmas shipping, and so it sat in customs for a good week when it's normally in and out within a day. Communication was good with too. Tim would email me info without me even asking about it.
Ric

moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

Whipper wrote:Sorry to hear about your delay. I know how frustrating that can be because I got mine shipped in December and customs here was severely backed up dealing with the Christmas shipping, and so it sat in customs for a good week when it's normally in and out within a day. Communication was good with too. Tim would email me info without me even asking about it.
He was good with the communication at first. Then when I didn't receive the guitar when he said I should He didn't answer my e-mails until I asked him what was going on (3 emails later). Since then he has been answering my e-mails.
He told me the other day that he was going to send the guitar out Monday and give me the tracking number. With his track record with my purchase of this guitar I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't send it out yesterday. I just sent him another e-mail asking for the tracking number.
A friend of mine was interested in ordering one from him. He is aware of what has been going on with Tim. I think he is now turned off from wanting to do business with him.
If I ever get the guitar I hope its well worth all of this.