Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Everyone is too busy on facebook Brian only a hand full of old boys post up on here now. I wish i could help you mate but all i can do is find that tumble weed icon...
Attachments
Tumbleweed.jpg
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Hahaha...that alone is worth its weight in....ummmm....tumbleweeds, at least! :D
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

I don't know what you guys who've ordered the "zoesandra" ebay cheapy got, but what I got was royally SCREWED. I got the guitar in last week and it is an unmitigated piece of s#!t to put it mildly. I keep hearing everyone say "well, you get what you pay for" but the thing is... I DIDN'T. What I received was worth about $150-$200 at best. I've played $180 Squier Affinity Fender's that were MUCH higher quality. This thing is essentially unusable due to neck issues and the pot metal junk Floyd Rose knock-off.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Brian_D wrote:I don't know what you guys who've ordered the "zoesandra" ebay cheapy got, but what I got was royally SCREWED. I got the guitar in last week and it is an unmitigated piece of s#!t to put it mildly. I keep hearing everyone say "well, you get what you pay for" but the thing is... I DIDN'T. What I received was worth about $150-$200 at best. I've played $180 Squier Affinity Fender's that were MUCH higher quality. This thing is essentially unusable due to neck issues and the pot metal junk Floyd Rose knock-off.
I am sorry to hear that man, the only other place you can get a replica is Rare electric guitars, I got 2 PDVs from them and for $500 they are higher quality then my base level esp F-50 ltd, I have helped another member on here order a Randy rhoads concord from this site and find the accurate parts randy had on his concord. He loves this guitar and has posted pictures of the process and final result.

The only downside to the guitars are the tuners and bridge( they are crap) other wise if you swap them out its a very good and comfortable guitar. If you might be interested send me a PM and we could talk
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

I appreciate the offer, man! I may eventually order a Concord from there, but for the PDV I'm gonna go with GMW....like I should have done in the first place. Dealing with Tim has been nothing but a monumental pain in the ass!

Nick wrote:
Brian_D wrote:I don't know what you guys who've ordered the "zoesandra" ebay cheapy got, but what I got was royally SCREWED. I got the guitar in last week and it is an unmitigated piece of s#!t to put it mildly. I keep hearing everyone say "well, you get what you pay for" but the thing is... I DIDN'T. What I received was worth about $150-$200 at best. I've played $180 Squier Affinity Fender's that were MUCH higher quality. This thing is essentially unusable due to neck issues and the pot metal junk Floyd Rose knock-off.
I am sorry to hear that man, the only other place you can get a replica is Rare electric guitars, I got 2 PDVs from them and for $500 they are higher quality then my base level esp F-50 ltd, I have helped another member on here order a Randy rhoads concord from this site and find the accurate parts randy had on his concord. He loves this guitar and has posted pictures of the process and final result.

The only downside to the guitars are the tuners and bridge( they are crap) other wise if you swap them out its a very good and comfortable guitar. If you might be interested send me a PM and we could talk
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Brian_D wrote:I appreciate the offer, man! I may eventually order a Concord from there, but for the PDV I'm gonna go with GMW....like I should have done in the first place. Dealing with Tim has been nothing but a monumental pain in the ass!

Nick wrote:

GMW makes amaing quality guitars for the price I wish at the time I could have gone that route but I couldn't afford much at the time, I will in the future get one from them, maybe a red with white dots or white with black dots. From what I have seen the case is custome and superb quality which is included with the guitar. I am truly sorry about your bad experience with zondera or whatever the eBay name was/ I do remember a few years ago an when the PDVs started popping up on eBay they were well worth the $700 or even more it's truly a shame that the quality has suffered so much through the years, when your ready to order the concord PM me and I can tell you how to navagate the site and find the parts for you
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Nick wrote:
GMW makes amaing quality guitars for the price I wish at the time I could have gone that route but I couldn't afford much at the time, I will in the future get one from them, maybe a red with white dots or white with black dots. From what I have seen the case is custome and superb quality which is included with the guitar. I am truly sorry about your bad experience with zondera or whatever the eBay name was/ I do remember a few years ago an when the PDVs started popping up on eBay they were well worth the $700 or even more it's truly a shame that the quality has suffered so much through the years, when your ready to order the concord PM me and I can tell you how to navagate the site and find the parts for you

Excellent! Thanks Nick...I really appreciate it!

Yeah... It's going to take me selling my custom shop 335 to swing the GMW deal, but it's totally worth it to me!
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Brian_D wrote:
Nick wrote:

Yeah... It's going to take me selling my custom shop 335 to swing the GMW deal, but it's totally worth it to me!
No problem man I am always happy to help a fellow rhoads fan,
But to put the concord guitar in context it's going to cost $500 for the guitar and another $500 for the accurate pats randy had on his, I want you to know that, just soo that when the time comes you have all of the info before hand, it really sucks that you have to sell your custome shop 335 :(
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Oh...just to add insult to injury, I saved Tim's original shipping labels because I thought the shipping amount seemed light. The PO clerk looked it up for me and if he was charged the balloon charge for the box's unusual dimensions and the new fee structure that went into effect Jan 17, the most he could've insured the guitar for on its way to me was $400. $400 for a guitar I paid $895 for with the "upgrade" for the pot metal junk Floyd knockoff. Nice. He already has a history of this and leaving the buyer holding the bag if the guitar is damaged in shipping. I found this on a Youtube comment...just to illustrate his character...

""Dude got mine in from Tim and pissed off.. Post Office cracked the neck both sides by the nut... Tim said I have to file the claim.. But I think he should replace it and he file the claim... I paid Tim $700, but he only insured it for $400.. But he said when I get the money I can buy other one.. Very Unhappy about it all.. Still pissed... I can't see myself doing business with Tim ever again... I paid $700 for the guitar and getting back $400 from the post office.. BullSh!t!"
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

I guess you can add "thief" to the list too. He's refusing to refund the $150 "upgrade fee" for the pot metal junk Floyd knockoff. The damned thing had stress cracks in it before I even played (or ATTEMPTED to) a note on it. It was billed separately from the actual eBay purchase because he invoiced me for it after the sale...so it wasn't included in my refund from eBay. Nice. Just so you know the kinda guy you're dealing with if you choose to go that route...
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Wow, I almost brought one I think from him..Out of Missouri, I believe? Thanks for the testimonial..I do have a Concorde from Rare Electric Guitars, pretty dang good!
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

I wouldn't. I would stay FAR FAR away...
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

No doubt, first class crook it sounds like.....Might be worth contacting the better business bureau..
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Nick wrote:
Brian_D wrote:
Nick wrote:

No problem man I am always happy to help a fellow rhoads fan,
But to put the concord guitar in context it's going to cost $500 for the guitar and another $500 for the accurate pats randy had on his, I want you to know that, just soo that when the time comes you have all of the info before hand, it really sucks that you have to sell your custome shop 335 :(
I've got a Concorde from RareElectricGuitars. It was sold to be by a member on here, Dino, for $950. (He replaced all the parts, and gave it a good set up)

It's a great guitar, and I love it. My only gripe with it is that I noticed the paint job was slightly off, probably due to the dimensions of the bridge. (Originally it was a Chinese built bridge, I assume, so when Dino put on the Charvel bridge, the holes don't 100% match up and the pinstripes on it are now slightly off. Didn't notice for the longest time, but now that I've seen it, it can't be unseen. haha)

If you're into project guitars, RareElectricGuitars is actually pretty decent. However, if you're wanting something that's already set up, and pro sounding out of the box, I wouldn't recommend it.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Dino sold his, wow that's sad but at least it has a good owner now