Randy Rhoads Signature Marshall Amp demo by Yu-ya Komatsu

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Signature Marshall Amp demo by Yu-ya Komat

Post by Tito »

i think everybodys putting too much thought into this clip...its obvious they told him to play "in the style of rhoads" cuz you can hear a lot of different randy/ozzy songs in the clip...of course not exact to avoid any suits...but i liked this guy honestly..hes kickass on the guitar as far as im concerned...i just would love to bite the hell out of his fuckin pinky!!!!!USE THAT PINKY MORE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Tito wrote:i think everybodys putting too much thought into this clip...its obvious they told him to play "in the style of rhoads" cuz you can hear a lot of different randy/ozzy songs in the clip...of course not exact to avoid any suits...but i liked this guy honestly..hes kickass on the guitar as far as im concerned...i just would love to bite the hell out of his fuckin pinky!!!!!USE THAT PINKY MORE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I meant, I could totally see where he was going with the song and what its purpose was. As far as pinkys, well, lol I hardly use mine either! You can bite mine too. It used to bother me that I had zero pinky abilities until I saw Gary Moore play!

Matt
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right,EVH didnt use his pinky too much either.But there are some scales & chords that you can play w/o your pinky but then its uncomfortable to do quick chord changes because the way your hand is fretting the note.Like the ending Mr.Crowley solo,& I dont know solo it doesnt sound exactly the same w/o the pinky.
But I say if it sounds good,it is good
Check this guy out No Pinky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6lcn-dsX4
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

DMRX wrote:Right,EVH didnt use his pinky too much either.But there are some scales & chords that you can play w/o your pinky but then its uncomfortable to do quick chord changes because the way your hand is fretting the note.Like the ending Mr.Crowley solo,& I dont know solo it doesnt sound exactly the same w/o the pinky.
But I say if it sounds good,it is good
Check this guy out No Pinky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6lcn-dsX4

Actually I use my pinky on chords, I just never developed it for lead playing.. Over the years I have found a way around pretty much everything. I generally try to work smart, not hard, hahahaha.. I cheat a lot, but its what makes me "me" as a guitarist.. Cool vid too! Wow, very inspiring!

Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Being like mates in a pub, discussing if a footballer is an asset to the side, or over rated, is a part of the fun of modern day internet forums like this. Ultimately none of us are right as we are discussing music which is subjective (and thank god for all being different too! :) ).

As most of us play an instrument, we know that just like this guy, there are people out there that admire certain aspects of things we create/do - and on the reverse, there are people who are unmoved and sometimes even almost offended by our playing (LMAO). So like Ritchie says, it all is really no biggie.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I noticed over on Doug Aldrich's site that he is using a RR Marshall some on the new Whitesnake record, he says it just screams. Coming from a player of Doug's caliber, who is a real tone-chaser, that says alot.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

wo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that dude was kickass dave thanks for that man!!!!!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I'm resurrecting this old topic (some might have not seen the video yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EjcXmFZQgg )

because I just found out there is a #2 video of this guy that I've missed (maybe others too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGQpcWx3A8
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I think the 2nd video is much better. The guy is a good player, but very constricted to playing like Randy because of the demo. I just searched a bit of his other work and found that although he isn't the most original player, he is indeed a very talented player.