Monster Cables

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Monster Cables

Post by Cryptic Night »

Does anyone know what to do when they break? I was getting ready to record something (That I plan to share with you all later, but that's irrelevant right now) and a string broke, and so as I was putting my guitar down to change the string (Had to steal a string from another guitar) I stepped on my cable. I didn't think anything happened, though it was a hard tug, but after I changed the string, I went to pick my guitar up and get it in tune to record and the tuner wasn't picking up..

Now, I was using my crappy strat copy (I needed a tremolo, and none of my other guitars have one) and so at first I thought it was the input jack. So I started moving the cable around to see if it would pick up the signal, and next thing I knew the cable popped out.

It's a 30ft guitar cable, angled on one end. The end that broke off is the angled end.

I didn't buy it at Guitar Center, I bought it at a store called Hoffman Music (I think it might be a small company) and I want to know if they'll replace my cable for me... It was somewhat expensive (As far as cables go) and I really want to get this replaced. I have read that Monster Cables have a lifetime warranty..

Any help please???? :?
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Re: Monster Cables

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Idk what to say i have a monster cable that is 6 foot to go from my amp to my pedals and it has never failed me try tightening the gold thing on the end or taking that off and take off the black little rubber band and throw that away then put the gold end back on thats what ive done
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

life time garenteer if they break, take it to the place you bought it theyll give u a brand new one no charge. ik somone who clear cut it off and he got a replacement.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

What if they don't have it in store?

I had to get mine special order because they don't carry the 30ft-er's at their store.

I don't mind having to wait a little while, just curious about this..
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

contact them on their website
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

just go to the store and theyll order it...
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Alright, I plan to go their store sometime this week...

Sorry for the nooby question here, but I've never dealt with cable problems before.. :)