Burny RLG60SL Slash Model Les Paul

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ptate
Cool Member

Burny RLG60SL Slash Model Les Paul

Post by ptate »

Arrived today and I couldn't resist letting you see her.....WOW....Lovely smattering of birdseye in the centre maple and you can just see some flame on the back of the neck. Sits along side my Gibsons etc. nicely...... :D :D :D

I think it is modelled on his 1987 "stage" guitar, rather than the "Appetite Derrig", "Max" or his "official" Gibson models.

Lovely weight (and solid, no weight relief), great feel and a lot of the "58-60" style (you'd know Matt..... :D ) in it's thin binding, amber switch tip, small headstock (and head angle) etc.

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Burny RLG60SL Slash Model Les Paul

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

wow nice looking guitar Pete; how does she measure up with the Gibsons, Is this a recent MIJ Burny?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
ptate
Cool Member

Re: Burny RLG60SL Slash Model Les Paul

Post by ptate »

Hi Matt,

This has only just been released by Burny, so it's actually a Chinese model, but you wouldn't know it by the build quality and materials used. They also make a Joe Perry (bigsby), John Sykes and a few other models too.....

In terms of the comparison; it is well on a par with my Gibsons and I am planning on using it to record with, so you'll get to hear it being thrashed (as all Les Pauls should be... :D ).

Not taken it apart yet to see under the neck pup, but when I do, you'll get some pictures.

Take it easy.