Some new toys (Matt couldn't help himself!!!)

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Some new toys (Matt couldn't help himself!!!)

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Don't get me wrong Dave; the sound and even build quality in terms of being robust and nicely made is top notch.

I got a text from an adult pupil who stopped lessons while his son was born recently and the amp i recommended him; yep the Laney VC-15 had died the same way!! Check the reliabilty reviews in this thread; the humming and the amp then packing in is mentioned loads

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... Combo/10/1

It is such a shame because it is an awesome sounding little combo

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I did my first gig with the Blues Jnr last night. The tone with my Grestch 6120 Hot Rod plugged in ranged from raunchy Stones type growl witht eh volume on 3/4 to full on over drive with the addition of the DB boost on my Boss GE7.

Of course clean, like Fender are known for; the tone is just as pure as the driven snow :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
David Denson

Post by David Denson »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Don't get me wrong Dave; the sound and even build quality in terms of being robust and nicely made is top notch.

I got a text from an adult pupil who stopped lessons while his son was born recently and the amp i recommended him; yep the Laney VC-15 had died the same way!! Check the reliabilty reviews in this thread; the humming and the amp then packing in is mentioned loads

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... Combo/10/1

It is such a shame because it is an awesome sounding little combo

Matt

I understood that you liked the sound and build quality....I was just surprised, since I hadn't any issues with my own Laneys. Maybe for that model they had a particular inferior part that went into these amps. Sometimes this happens to companies, even car manufacturers.

Sad to hear, I bet it is a nice sounding amp. According to the link you gave, it seems the transformers that Laney used for the VC-15 is the culprit. You probably could have had your amp repaired with a newer, different and better part (transformer?) and maybe a modification and she probably would have been as good as new.

But seems like you are loving the Blues Jr. anyway...so worked out good I guess!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Well in sound they are definitely close related cousins!

Once Disney land is out the way (my holiday this year :) ) I will get the Laney fixed.

Matt
Oinku

Post by Oinku »

Hey just a random thing if you EVER see a Fender Prosonic Combo buy it as fast as you can. Has to be one of the greatest amps never heard .