When thoughts evolve to objects !

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

So what does it play like?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Great great stuff, as mr solo said above, a floating floyd means unlike Eddies, the floyd is balanced by the tension on the strings. This means you can bend up and down. However disadvantages are that if you bend a note then the others go flat, you can snap strings easier, and when you want to change a string you have to rest a ruler, pen, something under the floyd to keep it from falling into the cavity. Great job Robin! :D
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:Great great stuff, as mr solo said above, a floating floyd means unlike Eddies, the floyd is balanced by the tension on the strings. This means you can bend up and down. However disadvantages are that if you bend a note then the others go flat, you can snap strings easier, and when you want to change a string you have to rest a ruler, pen, something under the floyd to keep it from falling into the cavity. Great job Robin! :D
Well in that case I have something I didn't even know what it was called. I though a floating one was a special type of Floyd. I'm guessing all Floyd Roses are floating trems then? That's the main reason that I want a fender trem, when i bend a note it changed the other strings, really annoying at times. I also like the way they re-string.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

all floyd roses have the possibility of being floating, its if the guitar has the cavity space etc
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Also, Ell ...

I just remembered ...

If you want an on/off switch you check out
one of those Killswitches Buckethead uses ;)