Christmas wishes

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Christmas wishes

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here are a couple Christmas wish list thoughts I've mentioned to the wife:

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Nice Paul

I like the upper fret access on the Les Paul type guitar.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have never liked the head stocks on the Dean guitars it looks such a bad design. Like that Coffin Zakk guitar what a horrible axe.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul,

Your not the only one who's got a hard on for flying v's at the moment :oops: :lol:

Rob
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm leaning towards that first V... it's got a bubbinga wood face:

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

thats my favourite too 8)

Rob
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Cool guitars, My Christmas wish would be for a T.C. Electronic G-Major 2, of course I'd take a Les Paul Custom too. lol!!!!
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Just for the fun of it (and because my 8-year-old asked for a new guitar for Christmas) I was thinking of getting these from www.rondomusic.com -

ImageImage

The single coil guitar is a standard size (for me) the humbucker guitar is a 3/4 size (for the kid). Down the road, when Jesse (5) wants to learn, he can have the 3/4, Jakob can graduate to the single coil and I can buy myself a matching Strat!

Maybe I could even get adventurous and replace the single coils with a matching humbucker and new pickguard...
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I got my son (who is now 9) a mini-strat (Fender) when he was 5, these guitars appear to be much better quality than the Fender is. The neck is nice on it and the pick-ups are great but the overall build quality is very lacking for something with the Fender name on it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yeah, I got one of the Fender ones when my oldest was 5 (she's 17 now) so my guitars wouldn't be messed up. It's not great quality, but it has been banged around for about 12 years now! Now that Jakob actually wants to progress ( I started teaching him a year ago) I figure it's time to set the battered Fender aside.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Matt, (my 9 year old) would like a Les Paul, particularly a John Sykes model (which is no longer being made, i think). He is a huge Sykes fan (which is just to cool to me), but I think we'll wait till he's a bit more serious before we spend 4500.00, for now my Vandenberg Customs ( ironic that he was Sykes replacement in WS) will have to do.