Heres my Edwards Les Paul from Japan

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Heres my Edwards Les Paul from Japan

Post by Shockwave »

I figured since i went through all the work of posting this another topic here on the board i would copy and paste it into a new thread here.

From the day i bought a Edwards LP i ended up selling both of my old Gibson Les Pauls(classic and standard). This edwards smoked em both and was half the price($850 shipped from Japan)

I will now copy/paste from the other thread...

Ill tell you what, you should look at the Edwards Les Pauls. I bought one and ended up selling both my GIBSON LES PAULS because of them, you can get them for about $850 shipped from japan. They are truly great guitars, they are owned by ESP but go under the name edwards in Japan, they are unreal. Here are some pics of mine.

all the specs are that of older gibsons, all craftsmen ship is perfect, they use the old method of mounting the neck to the body as gibson used to do before it switched over in the late 70s i think it was?

Here is the site, i will direct you directly to the edwards sections, but the have many other brands that are top notch. I guess thats what $5hr workers get you out there rather than the same guys making them here for $50hr+

http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/index.html

The series i bought was the Lacquer Taste Series, I bought the 98LTC..These use NITRO Finishes so they will age and get better.

http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/spec/e-lp-90ltc.html

They have many nice les paul variations there though

**EDIT**

also i ended up changing the tone and volume knobs to gibson black top hats shortly after these pics were taken(couple days after i got it year or two ago) They look 1000x better with the black/gold gibson top hats.

http://www.axesrus.com/axeknobs_files/kn007.jpg
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I was wondering why you sold them both? One Les Paul standard should be more than enough for the $$?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Stewie wrote:I was wondering why you sold them both? One Les Paul standard should be more than enough for the $$?
Long story short I was going to buy two more Edwards, one in Randy color and them another. Ended up having vehicle problems though and had to use the money for that!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

JMPMKII wrote:
Stewie wrote:I was wondering why you sold them both? One Les Paul standard should be more than enough for the $$?
Long story short I was going to buy two more Edwards, one in Randy color and them another. Ended up having vehicle problems though and had to use the money for that!
Ah ok :). Nice guitar 8)
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

First thing...........Beautiful axe man.

I own a few Les Pauls, three of which are Gibsons; two 1970 Deluxes and an alpine white Custom Shop Custom ('04). However, personally, whilst I love the Edwards,Greco,Tokai, Burny's etc.. they do not have the Gibson branding and I'll pay the extra for that (stoooopid I guess!) as anything else is really just a copy.

Before we get into the snobbery bit, I use the Custom as my stage axe as well as a re-logo'd (by me) Keiper Black Beauty Custom copy (an early one, when the body etc. was an accurate match for the Gibsons). This one has a mahogany neck, is heavy and plays/sounds every bit as good as my "real" one.......Even though it only cost me £50...!!!!!!!!!!

Been looking at the Burny models of late as they seem to stick to the split diamond/logo closer as well as being a superb buy.

End of the day, the Edwards is a beautiful guitar man and you should deservedly be proud of it. Now buy the matching set of a white one (the original 80's RR model perhaps?).
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

日本のギターはロックしている!Translation "Japanese guitars rock".

The story of Fender Japan was that in the 80's after several years of quality control issues by Fender USA, the team paid a visit to their Japanese factory to take a look at how they were making their re-issues. They were so impressed, legend has it that they actually cried, as the quality and attention to detail was so high, it made them sad that the Fender USA brand had lost it's way so much.

Now I am interested in these Guitars, the site by the way is great and the specs something else! Ebony fingerboards, African Mahogany, Seymour Duncan humbuckers and a hardcase for $1000!!!!!! That was the 335 copy.

personally I couldn't care less about the name, only the sound/playability and as a consumer the value for money.

Cheers for recommending these, how about some sound clips for the guitar geeks on the site!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

I cant see buying a Gibson LP when instrumens of this caliber are made available at a fraction of the cost for an "original". I would like to get a Edwards LP John Sykes model, they look killer. Nice axe man.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Gibson does have some rediculous price tags on some guitars. I'd really love to buy an Edwards too now
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

My mate owns an Edwards too and he raves about it. His is a sunburst standard.

If you're all looking for an accurate Les Paul at a lower price, try checking out the Edwards (above), early Greco's, Tokai Reborn model (not the Love Rock)- very rare though, Orville (the ONLY officially licenced Gibson copy) or older Burny's.

All of these are amazingly accurate in terms of the tonewoods, pickups and even logo's (in some cases). In addition, many had awesome build quality that surpassed Gibsons completely- hence the lawsuit game they played.

BTW, nothing wrong with copies as they are acknowledging one of the best (to me- the best) designs ever created.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

ptate wrote:My mate owns an Edwards too and he raves about it. His is a sunburst standard.

If you're all looking for an accurate Les Paul at a lower price, try checking out the Edwards (above), early Greco's, Tokai Reborn model (not the Love Rock)- very rare though, Orville (the ONLY officially licenced Gibson copy) or older Burny's.

All of these are amazingly accurate in terms of the tonewoods, pickups and even logo's (in some cases). In addition, many had awesome build quality that surpassed Gibsons completely- hence the lawsuit game they played.

BTW, nothing wrong with copies as they are acknowledging one of the best (to me- the best) designs ever created.
cheers Plate

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt