A little help please - Randy Rhoads V, Charvel/Jackson Brand

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Kier

A little help please - Randy Rhoads V, Charvel/Jackson Brand

Post by Kier »

Hullo everyone!

A couple of years ago I bought a beat-up guitar from a friend. It's a Ferrari-red, Randy Rhodes V; I'm just trying to learn more of my guitar!

The guitar has a Charvel headstock, Jackson tuning pegs, Charvel neck plate (with an ID of 360392) reading "By Jackson/Charvel", Charvel/Jackson Pick-Ups (one single, one humbucker-style; both are branded with a guitar-shaped Charvel logo with "By Jackson/Charvel" written beneath), a Charvel-branded Floyd Rose (made by Schaller in germany).

Is this a fake of some kind? I notice the neck doesn't have the skunk-stripe and the inlays are just spots; yet the guitar plays and sounds beautiful.

It was bought from a guitar shop in Cornwall, UK years ago. It's not in a good shape and I hope to repair it when funds allow. There are several dings in the body-work, it is missing the rear-plate which covers the springs for the Floyd-Rose and (worst of all) the very tip of the top fin has been sawn off! This leaves a 4mm flat end to what originally would have been a sharp fin.

I'll try and put some photos up. Many thanks for your help, and glad to see such a great guitarist is still respected and appreciated. Cheers,

Kieran
Attachments
Sorry for the poor image quality
Sorry for the poor image quality
Kier

Jackson/Charvel Avenger

Post by Kier »

Ahh, I believe it's a Jackson/Charvel Avenger...the reviews seem to put this guitar in a bad light, but I still love it
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

this is one of the early 90s contemporary series. They are not too bad. Basswood body I believe. I've never been a fan of V's, therefore i've never gone for one. I have quite a few Charvels from that series and the original Model series and they are some of the best guitars you can get... especially for the money they go at. :)